[Game] Kings @ Warriors, 11/07/2022 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see some of the other things but this is a big nope. Fox is carrying this team and he shouldn't be having to. He's having to take on an entire team with a run down shot clock yet again this year when the Kings half court sets inevitably blow up in their face.
I agree except yes he does have to carry the team. Just like curry has to carry his team. This is a star driven league. Fox gonna have to play like a beast 80% of games for us to have a chance sadley he has no offensive side kick. But I have hope in monk

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
I can see some of the other things but this is a big nope. Fox is carrying this team and he shouldn't be having to. He's having to take on an entire team with a run down shot clock yet again this year when the Kings half court sets inevitably blow up in their face.
Yeah, I don't think Fox is taking tough shots out of ego service. We were supposed to always have shooters in the corners for him and Domas to kick to this year but Barnes and Murray aren't doing their jobs right now. Ultimately though, this is just one game. The tough loss in Miami was just one game. If these guys keep putting in work on the defensive end like they have been and drilling those offensive sets in practice at every opportunity it will pay off.

Think about it, what are these new refs doing before? Being NBA fans. I doubt they work their ass off the become an NBA ref and not actively watch the games before.

What's the most common and recurring joke that everyone remotely close to following the league will know? The KANGZ.

It's not a coincidence or oversight.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Think about it, what are these new refs doing before? Being NBA fans. I doubt they work their ass off the become an NBA ref and not actively watch the games before.

What's the most common and recurring joke that everyone remotely close to following the league? The KANGZ.

It's not a coincidence or oversight.
The ref who missed the call has been in the league for 20 seasons though.

I agree except yes he does have to carry the team. Just like curry has to carry his team. This is a star driven league. Fox gonna have to play like a beast 80% of games for us to have a chance sadley he has no offensive side kick. But I have hope in monk
Well then gearing the offense around him and spacing instead of swinging the ball to off ball players on pin downs is in order. Kerr makes no bones about his team. He'll run 3 staggered screens for Curry all night long if he has to.

Refs missed a shot clock violation that was a basket too. I thought those were automatic reviews during timeouts? Matt Barnes is right. These jerks need to face the media after the game lol

Kings didn’t shoot the ball good enough. They missed way too many easy shots at the hoop. Also seemed to have a hard time getting the ball to Sabonis in the second half.

this team will take off IF our forwards start scoring…certainly more than that donut Harrison Barnes gave us tonight. Keegan too though he played overall better than he had the past couple of games. The shot will come for Keegan. I’m getting very worried that Barnes isn’t going to find it though.

Fox is playing great. I wish he attacked the hoop more late in this one but he’s also injured. Making his free throws. Credible from deep. I think this may be the year he gets the all star nod.

Malik Monk is playing great

TD and Davion also played well.

Davis likely got the minutes at the end instead of Davion because he plays bigger than Davion and he was the small forward in a 4 guard and Domas lineup. ..but Davion was playing well and would’ve offered the best defense on Steph. Probably wouldn’t have mattered though.

Huerter played ok. Not getting a lot of shot these last couple of games. Mugged at the end.

Domas had an excellent game. Dominant first half but I think he quietly got into foul trouble in the third and they also were having a hard time getting the ball to him.

Metu seems to be having a positive presence out there these last couple of games. Not scoring or smashing the glass or anything but it seems his stints have accompanied good overall team play. Just tells me the Kings are in desperate need for more athletic depth at forward.

Domas and Fox combined for 32 points 8 assists in the first half. Only 15 points 4 assists in the second half. That’s big. Bench stepped up big in the second half but they got a monster game from Steph

I expected a beat down(by the warriors) but now I’m disappointed they didn’t win. This team can win but they will have to make some decisions soon if Barnes doesn’t get it together

Last edited:
Im not complaining about Fox’s play overall but the way to win that game was for Fox to defensively stop Steph. Not to play your King against their Ace. For Fox to turn it into a mano e mano offensive contest against Steph is your ego writing checks your game can’t cash. No one’s game can cash that crap. It was a dumb decision on top of a lot of other dumb crap we saw that game.

Topped off with a ridiculous call by the ref that a JR. High ref could make.

I couldn't understand why Brown took Mitchell out in crunch time when they need someone to guard Curry? Why would you replace Mitchell with Davis? And why Davis over even Barnes? I mean shouldn't you want your best defender on the most lethal shooter in the world? This is crunch time, there is no time to fool around. That's like giving up there at the end. If the Kings really want to win, they got to be hungry and go for the kill. The Warriors are really struggling man...this game is for the taking. Fox should attack the basket more often....Klay and Looney would not be able to keep up. If the Kings play a little hungry, they could have won it. I am both a Warriors fan and Kings fan but I have never seen the Warriors struggle this bad. I was secretly rooting for the Kings to win but I also feel bad how the Warriors are struggling. Maybe this win will help get them going a bit.

Keegan is what he is and IMO still isn't being used to his full potential. He's not a modern wing in this NBA, not when defenses attack him. Maybe he can develop the necessary guard skills? I think that would be a mistake considering his age. He's a stretch 4. And yes, so is Barnes probably. Him becoming a great catch and shoot player that can get some post touches can go a long way if they just look for it. The defense I'm a little concerned about. He's been struggling laterally on iso and pick and roll. Maybe play more to his length than his feet?
Were there some that had him as an offensive 3 man at this point? Maybe the question marks about Barnes at this point his career has made things confusing.

Im not complaining about Fox’s play overall but the way to win that game was for Fox to defensively stop Steph. Not to play your King against their Ace. For Fox to turn it into a mano e mano offensive contest against Steph is your ego writing checks your game can’t cash. No one’s game can cash that crap. It was a dumb decision on top of a lot of other dumb crap we saw that game.

Topped off with a ridiculous call by the ref that a JR. High ref could make.
The league is built around Steph types right now so good luck. Hell he can pull the Reggie Miller leg kick, you know the illegal one? and get away with it. It's not a foul but the basket counts! lol. And they run screens for Steph so that they get switches. The break down was with Huerter as much as anyone. You have to play Curry from the side and force him to his left or right. He can't get to his step back easily if you do. That's why he struggles with even a slight trap. Rondo was the only guy that ever truly got it.

Were there some that had him as an offensive 3 man at this point? Maybe the question marks about Barnes at this point his career has made things confusing.
I think an old school 3 man for sure but the modern 3 has the skills of a guard. Tatum/Brown, those are modern wings. PG13 is. Kawhi. Yes, Middleton who he patterns his game after. At least those are the true "star" types which I think we all have high expectations for Keegan.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
I know I don't need to say this to this crowd, but just posting it anyway for posterity... This has always been the way the NBA officiates games. You don't get the tough call on the road unless you're an MVP level player and you don't get to be an MVP level player unless your team wins more than 35 games. We just have to face facts that we're not loud enough or big enough for the NBA to change their policy on our account and nobody else outside of Sacramento wants to take our place at the bottom of the pecking order either. We hold our heads up and fight through it, that's the only option.

I know I don't need to say this to this crowd, but just posting it anyway for posterity... This has always been the way the NBA officiates games. You don't get the tough call on the road unless you're an MVP level player and you don't get to be an MVP level player unless your team wins more than 35 games. We just have to face facts that we're not loud enough or big enough for the NBA to change their policy on our account and nobody else outside of Sacramento wants to take our place at the bottom of the pecking order either. We hold our heads up and fight through it, that's the only option.
Sadly that's somewhat true.. it's like how superstars get superstar calls... same way except with teams

All I can say is Brown got them acting like champs on the court and is doing what he has to do after the fact. I respect the hell out of that and hopefully we can start getting more in the W column before they waive a white flag and go back to the old ways. I'll also note he didn't do it until Miami, so he also isn't going out there and crying on every bad call. Just the two that clearly robbed us of an opportunity in OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.