[Game] Kings @ Warriors, 11/07/2022 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it I watched that entire game knowing exactly how it was going to play out. Never a doubt.
Can we talk about Keegan? What the heck is going on? He looks lost. If it wasn’t for his performance in preseason and the first few games I would be panicking right now.
not excusing his performance, but according to Ham, he's dealing with some personal issues in the background.

How is it I watched that entire game knowing exactly how it was going to play out. Never a doubt.
Can we talk about Keegan? What the heck is going on? He looks lost. If it wasn’t for his performance in preseason and the first few games I would be panicking right now.
Keegan is what he is and IMO still isn't being used to his full potential. He's not a modern wing in this NBA, not when defenses attack him. Maybe he can develop the necessary guard skills? I think that would be a mistake considering his age. He's a stretch 4. And yes, so is Barnes probably. Him becoming a great catch and shoot player that can get some post touches can go a long way if they just look for it. The defense I'm a little concerned about. He's been struggling laterally on iso and pick and roll. Maybe play more to his length than his feet?

Case sass

They were pretty open looks but you aren’t going to win if they swish two in a row on top of Curry going off, what appeared to be a shot clock violation uncalled and a uncalled foul on a three to tie the game.
But they still ran out to contest. Murray or Barnes running out at their size and length covers a lot more ground

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
If Barnes is going to go 0 for 4 in 22 minutes like he did tonight or 1 for 1 in 21 minutes like he did in that first GS game, it's hard to argue that we'd lose anything on offense giving those minutes to KZ instead. And I only see him being a liability on defense (though apparently the coaches have data that says otherwise) . There is an argument to be made that Barnes is too good of a shooter to continue making just 18% of his threes the whole season but this is a tough call because we don't really have any margin for error. By the time he figures it out we might be too far back to catch up.

The foul call at the end was absolutely ridiculous. The NBA needs to give the coaches more challenges immediately.

That said it was an ugly basketball game. The Warriors are not good, we just suck. We have no wings, Sabonis has too many turnovers and struggles with matchups, and Fox is stupid to offensively go man v man with the best offensive player in the game.

Its getting time to consider packing it in for Wembayama.

The defense I'm a little concerned about. He's been struggling laterally on iso and pick and roll. Maybe play more to his length than his feet?
this wasn’t the case the first 4 games though. He was playing fantastic on that end against a variety of players even some quicker guards. They are just blowing right by him the last 2-3 and it’s not quickness even, they are just strolling on by. Something seems up

That being said. Did we rush Murray into starting lineup? He's been looking bad these last few games. Looking like the player I didn't want to draft compared to the guy I was ecstatic to be wrong about

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Well, he better start watching more tape and maybe start flipping the onus of some of his offense. Those dribble hand off dry spells and Shaq'ing it down to Domas are what's killing him.
Not making excuses but if Barnes was a shadow of his former self we wouldn't even have to talk about poor officiating right now. Even the shots folks are complaining about Sabonis missing were gimmes. At least the one he travelled and the other one he just put up a poor shot on.

If Barnes is going to go 0 for 4 in 22 minutes like he did tonight or 1 for 1 in 21 minutes like he did in that first GS game, it's hard to argue that we'd lose anything on offense giving those minutes to KZ instead. And I only see him being a liability on defense (though apparently the coaches have data that says otherwise) . There is an argument to be made that Barnes is too good of a shooter to continue making just 18% of his threes the whole season but this is a tough call because we don't really have any margin for error. By the time he figures it out we might be too far back to catch up.
sadly Barnes trade value has tanked with his play.

The foul call at the end was absolutely ridiculous. The NBA needs to give the coaches more challenges immediately.

That said it was an ugly basketball game. The Warriors are not good, we just suck. We have no wings, Sabonis has too many turnovers and struggles with matchups, and Fox is stupid to offensively go man v man with the best offensive player in the game.

Its getting time to consider packing it in for Wembayama.
I can see some of the other things but this is a big nope. Fox is carrying this team and he shouldn't be having to. He's having to take on an entire team with a run down shot clock yet again this year when the Kings half court sets inevitably blow up in their face.

Despite the loss I thought that there were some bright spots. Fox and Sabonis played well and they will continue to consistently play well. Monk seemingly is coming into his own off the bench. If he can give us around 15 points a night off the bench it will be huge. We just need one of keegan/barnes to chip in more. Huerter has been good, but we can't expect him to have 20+ point games every night. I don't think he's that type of player. Fox and Sabonis will play consistently good most nights.. it's just a matter of finding that consistent 3rd option at the moment

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
For those who missed it, Jill Adge said James (I assume Ham) said to Mo and D-Lo that he overheard Ferris Beuller at the ice cream shop say that Keegs is going through some family troubles right now.

Not making excuses but if Barnes was a shadow of his former self we wouldn't even have to talk about poor officiating right now. Even the shots folks are complaining about Sabonis missing were gimmes. At least the one he travelled and the other one he just put up a poor shot on.
Barnes, well, I'm not sure what's up, but notice how Murray is sinking down there to meet him? There's a reason for it perhaps. They should be catch and shoot players period. If that then fails then the team is going to have to start looking for answers elsewhere. They are both having a hard time finding shots in the offense right now. Barnes was forcing to get his early on and Murray was more of focus early but now both guys are lucky to get 7-8 looks in a game now. Those two players should be the barometers of how well the offense is running. Like what the Warriors did with Wiggins. Simple draw and kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.