[Game] Kings vs. Warriors, 3/25/21, 7pm PST 10pm EST

I'm not even sure what we're going to do with Bagley at this point. I certainly hope we're not just giving him the starting job again next year just cos we need to get a look at him. If I'm the Kings next year, Bagley gets the late first round rookie treatment.
Bagley was playing during the 7-1 run. The trick all the way back to last year is playing small ball. It always has been. It always will be. If Walton goes back to playing big when Bagley comes back this likely goes away. The new starting unit is reaching up into the top 3 range in all of the league according to the net ratings.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I'm not even sure what we're going to do with Bagley at this point. I certainly hope we're not just giving him the starting job again next year just cos we need to get a look at him. If I'm the Kings next year, Bagley gets the late first round rookie treatment.
It’s a small sample size against largely terrible teams, but if the Kings keep a winning record Bags is going to have to come in and earn every minute.

I was all for giving him every chance to prove himself this season in what I thought was a throwaway season. He’s been bad. He doesn’t make the team better. No more handouts because #2, it’s all on him to take it now.

He probably gets traded for anything this offseason though, so it’s likely a moot point.

or what to do with him when he gets back this year?
If we are say .500 or better upon his return we would have to keep the same starting lineup no?

Metu looks pretty promising, agile, good positioning awareness. Kind of looks like a really big guard out there when he plays.. nice body control and hands

Rest of the team looked alright..:D
I’m trying not to get too attached and have to feel the pain of losing him too this offseason

For everyone bagging on CoJo, Bagley has been the tank commander. But really it was fine because to be a very good team either Bagley has to grow or we have to get a good draft pick. Starting Bags insured either outcome.

It’s a small sample size against largely terrible teams, but if the Kings keep a winning record Bags is going to have to come in and earn every minute.

I was all for giving him every chance to prove himself this season in what I thought was a throwaway season. He’s been bad. He doesn’t make the team better. No more handouts because #2, it’s all on him to take it now.

He probably gets traded for anything this offseason though, so it’s likely a moot point.
Hmm not sure which team would want to take a flyer on his $11MM contract before seeing what he's like during the season..

For everyone bagging on CoJo, Bagley has been the tank commander. But really it was fine because to be a very good team either Bagley has to grow or we have to get a good draft pick. Starting Bags insured either outcome.
At this point we have to put most of our eggs in the Fox/Haliburton basket. If DeAaron can be that big time player we think he is and was tonight and Ty develops his drive game we have a really fantastic foundation. A better coach and depth would go a long way.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I mean, if we’re dead set against good odds going into the lotto, I’d rather root for playoffs than mope about the draft.

The fact that Fox and Hali are leading the charge makes it a lot more palatable!
The fact De’Aaron has taken a leap from borderline all-star to unstoppable force of nature makes us not getting a top prospect this season a little less hard to swallow

The fact De’Aaron has taken a leap from borderline all-star to unstoppable force of nature makes us not getting a top prospect this season a little less hard to swallow
There was a time the idea was it takes two stars and a good supporting cast to win a championship. I’m not sure what the consensus thought is now, but we have one star and one on the rise.
Maybe we just focus on that supporting cast so to not muddy the waters.