Kings Vs. Suns Game Thread, 2/5, 7p.m. PST

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AriesMar27

Yea, I have DVR, but why waste it. The Kings just haven't been playing with energy or hustle like they were in Nov and Dec.
ironically enough it was a sunday game against the raptors when kobe dropped 81... no one watched it bcause they were too busy watching football... i might watch it just to see what happens.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
i don't know. just a weird vibe...like he refuses to admit a positive aspect of any kings player.

you know, I got that same feeling? Even while joking around with Grant, every time a Kings player came up it was like somebody jammed a stick up his rear and he could barely mutter out a nothing standby

S

sactownfan

So how about Hawes getting over that wall?

he wasn't getting many board during even his good games...

A

AriesMar27

on the bright side, we didnt have that many turnovers and if we had made all of our freethrows we wouldve won. thats assuming that the suns dont make all of theirs....

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Really? Funny how you can tell the future and how Donte's career will pan out.
He can also tell you that a certain Spaniard would have been the better choice for the team instead of that fat loser Evans as he will play like Steve Nash when Nash plays us every game.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
trade kevin for monta. the warriors are used to giving us their best players end up bein all stars with the kings ( ritchmond webber)
Are you serious? Why would we want Ellis? It's not like Ellis would help the team at its weakest point (frontcourt) and the cataclysmic disruption he'd bring would make K-Mart-pocalypse look like a dance in the daisies.

Listening to Westphal being interview. And one of the questions was asked about Martin scoring very little tonight and that he is not the Martin we are all used to seeing . Westphal said he didn't want to address it.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
i don't know. just a weird vibe...like he refuses to admit a positive aspect of any kings player.
I got that feeling too. As Donte was beating up the Suns frontcourt the most he could talk about was how the Suns bench sure has been playing great lately.

For those that still think that Martin helps this team win, please explain. I'm really trying to understand, RIGHT NOW, why he's a positive. I don't care what layup he hit against the spurs, or what 25 PPG seasons he's had on horrible teams, I would like to know at this very moment how he fits into the future plans to make this team win basketball games.

I understand what he does well, and what he doesn't do well. Right now, with his role on this team, he is not, I repeat: he is NOT going to help this team win basketball games. So for the coaches and management saying they are fine with him and aren't shopping him, I demand an explanation.

A

AriesMar27

to be honest, no one on this team could help this team win... maybe we really do need garcia, he's the only one who hasnt played. though i wouldnt bet on him being the difference maker. martin needs to go, nocioni shouldnt have been here to begin with and petrie probably wont make that move....

if anyone has an ego problem its petrie at this point, he should admit that he was wrong and blow this team up. well, trade martin and nocioni for tmac and lets use the capspace on players that are better than mason, may and udoka... we are going to have a high draft pick, thats not even an issue... but our freeagent acquisition and trades need some work.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
For those that still think that Martin helps this team win, please explain. I'm really trying to understand, RIGHT NOW, why he's a positive. I don't care what layup he hit against the spurs, or what 25 PPG seasons he's had on horrible teams, I would like to know at this very moment how he fits into the future plans to make this team win basketball games.

I understand what he does well, and what he doesn't do well. Right now, with his role on this team, he is not, I repeat: he is NOT going to help this team win basketball games. So for the coaches and management saying they are fine with him and aren't shopping him, I demand an explanation.
Taking the hostile attitude away, I'll agree that the part I bolded is, in fact, the big question. It might end up that Martin doesn't fit into the future picture of this team. And if it turns out that way, I'll be sad for the simple reason he's a good kid, he's been a positive force in the community and he's worked very hard to get this far in the NBA.

The coaches and front office ALWAYS deny shopping players. You can demand anything you like, but do you really need an explanation?

What I find sad is that so many people seem to feel they have to be angry at Kevin over all this. You know, sometimes it's much more simple... S*** happens. Nobody's fault and no need to point particular fingers of blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.