Kings Vs. Suns Game Thread, 2/5, 7p.m. PST

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have imagined all of this, right now I don't know, but Kevin Martin said I lot after tonights game and a lot of interesting things. I don't know what to make of them and I didn't get a to hear all of them or hear them all too well to want to quote anything but for anyone out there who listening to the post game on the radio who knows what I am referring to and elaborate. kings.com only has two sentences up from Kmart in their postgame quotes and no video of it thus far. But again there were a lot of interesting things he said as far has himself and his own game and the team overall.

so are you saying that bringing up the record with vs without martin is useless than? because ive seen that argument tossed around in almost every thread by someone wanting to blame kevin. thats what im getting tired of. now some have pointed out kevins passion and not hustling. if he's not even trying than thats a good reason to bench or trade him.

and about tyreke, you're right he still can get to the rim. but the more they focus on him (ie. double teams, clogging up the lane) it is getting harder for him to get there at will. if he cant drive, he will settle on long jumpers, which will lead to us struggling until he develops his shot or has more reliable teammates he trusts to pass it to. recently he hasnt and we've struggled. dont get me wrong, im in no way saying hes the reason we're struggling. hes the only thing we have going for us. but i've seen some games where teams are focusing more on him and he has struggled
I think in that case the reason he has struggled is that his assists are not assists because the shots from his teammates are not going down. How are they able to clog the lane so effectively? There always seems to be a center waiting for Tyreke in the lane. How is that possible? Isn't that a 3 second violation? Better yet, why isnt that Center guarding our center? And Where is our center? He should be clearing the lane. So it is hard to pinpoint Evans as the problem for his struggles. It seems that when the lane is mostly clear, he can score at will against any other player one on one. I think the Kings need to work on spacing and point out to the refs when there are 3 second violations.

Status
Not open for further replies.