[Game] Kings vs Pelicans Game Thread(Summer League) 7/11/16 10:00 PM ET/7:00 PM PT

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Let's overanalyze this DMC interview. He didn't seem too impressed with Tim Duncan. He must really have hated him. He voice inflection says he doesn't really want to be there. He doesn't sound excited for Joerger. He must want out, and is probably a cancer just planning how to get rid of Joerger.

Let's overanalyze this DMC interview. He didn't seem too impressed with Tim Duncan. He must really have hated him. He voice inflection says he doesn't really want to be there. He doesn't sound excited for Joerger. He must want out, and is probably a cancer just planning how to get rid of Joerger.
"Are you really in hot yoga?"

*dead pans*
"yes."

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
The media is approaching this hot yoga thing all wrong. The question to ask isn't, "Were you really at hot yoga?" The correct question to ask is, "So... what's her name?"

I wanted to come here just to post that. He has been putrid. Hurts my eyes to watch him move out there.
Him and Willie both..... Willie is forcing an offense when there's no need to...Papagiannis is missing everything. Damn...

Stockton driving to the rim with 3 defenders nearby has a better chance at making it than Willie/Papagiannis at point blank range.

Papa g is not in NBA shape and is not used to the NBA pace. The potential is there with his size and mobility , just need to get in shape and get rid of that baby fat

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Him and Willie both..... Willie is forcing an offense when there's no need to...Papagiannis is missing everything. Damn...

Stockton driving to the rim with 3 defenders nearby has a better chance at making it than Willie/Papagiannis at point blank range.
I'm far from worried about Trill....we know what he is right now...summer league and preseason is the perfect time to experiment so I don't mind if he is trying some things on offense. We see it's obviously not working so it's time to tone it down a notch. Don't even want to talk about Papa...it just hurts to watch him. He needs to lose weight, condition up and then maybe he will get some playing time next season, maybe.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Vlade got back 3 guys for our #8 pick. We got a #28pick (Skal) a #27pick (Bojan) and a #13 pick (Big Papa). Right now the #27 and #28 pick look far more promising than the #13.
Too early to mention Bogdan....if Skal at least pans out, I'll be content considering the Kings recent draft woes.

Last edited:
Papa g is not in NBA shape and is not used to the NBA pace. The potential is there with his size and mobility , just need to get in shape and get rid of that baby fat
I keep hearing this but I have to ask .. potential for what? To be a role playing guy who grabs a few rebounds and sets some screens? I can see that. But to be honest right now based on my very very limited sample size of an inexperienced player I'd be happy if he'd even become as good as Koufos. Just doesn't seem to have the tools or skills to be effective in today's league.

Krunker

Northernmost Kings Fan
Papa was better yesterday... the good news is Skal and Malachi show promise, so if Papa comes along it doesn't really matter how bad everyone else is in SL (except maybe us worrying about WCS)

Not that unreasonable, really, Hawes was a highly regarded prospect.
And he had a pretty good post game, outside shot and passing skills. I reckon with a better work ethic and willingness to play inside Hawes would have been a top 10 big in the league. But my point is that Hawes displayed all these skills whereas Papa so far just looks like ... slightly better Sim Bhullar.