[Game] Kings vs Jazz 3/25/2023 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple points I want to make about the game:

1. Monk quits when he realize his buddy Fox wasn't there lol. Seriously, he can't do that, I would definitely be upset if this is a Playoffs game...the team is already short of players...you have to be smarter than that. I agreed the ref sucks...obviously call it based on emotion.
2. Someone tell Murray to take it strong to the basket and stop playing below what he's capable of...take it strong, draw foul or something instead of that weak rise up and getting blocked. Look at Davion Mitchell attack strong and getting foul...that's how you do it.
3. Kings just need to win 1 or 2 more to secure the 3rd seed.
4. As always, Davion seems to play better when he's starting. I think it has to do with his role. When he came off the bench, he doesn't do much since it is Monk and Sabonis get to do the pick n roll more often? But when he's starting, he get to play pick n roll more with Sabonis? I don't know...it seems like his role isn't so define....I guess he hasn't developed into anything deadly as a player...he's not consistent at 2 or 3 pts. I can see him play the Chris Paul type of role if he turn into a consistent 2pt shooter. Then he can do pick n roll with Sabonis to get open look...i mean he always get that open look but he always want to pass it out.

That is quite possibly the greatest thing I’ve ever seen at golden one.
It's all Blaze's idea! He loves the beam and his buddy Slamson.
OK...After further thought, I take my "facepalm" back, and declare this to be quite the sight. However, I will respectfully disagree with @TaxMan, because we all know that the greatest thing ever at golden one was, is, and will be THE BEAM!!!

Note: Previous comment deleted...

I know that his box score numbers were unimpressive, but leI agree.It me remind you all that Monte McNair managed to get the Nets to PAY us to give us Kessler Edwards. Kid looks like a crucial rotation piece for years to come.

He had a big steal in the third Q that helped swing the game.....
And yes it was like scoring on the draft, but still having the pick.

Coach of the Yeah, Executive of the Year......work on contracts all off-season of keeping the team together....... extend Sabonis immediately, resign Barnes, resign Lyles, resign Metu, resign Davis, extend Monk. Keep the team intact for next 2 seasons as at least.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Resign Metu? No

They need to find a replacement for him.
I don’t see a downside to giving Nemi minutes at this point. Metu, Holmes, and Len are all deadweight and he can’t possibly be worse. He’s feasting in the G-League.

Experimenting with a young guy isn’t ideal, but neither are the guys we currently have on the roster who are getting forced into minutes.

Kessler Edwards in my eyes replaces the lost first round pick in 2024 owed to the Hawks in the Huerter deal. Edward looks like a nice player. He seems to have everything needed to succeed. Length, hops, defensive awareness..even a nice looking jump shot. Monte McNair has done quite a good job. If there is one complaint I can make it involves Monte's failure to pick up a back up C. Metu doesn't do it for me. Holmes/Len eh. Lyle I like as a player, but not as a back up C unless other team goes small. Plumlee would have been perfect. A passing C who rebounds.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Plumlee would have been perfect. A passing C who rebounds.
Plumlee giveth. Plumlee taketh away. He was great in Denver as Jokic's backup, and would have been great here, as long as it was only for 15 minutes a game.
That said, backup 5 is arguably the biggest hole on the roster, now that Edwards is here. Either someone who can run the offense, like Plumlee/Hartenstein, or a wiry shot-blocker.

Plumlee giveth. Plumlee taketh away. He was great in Denver as Jokic's backup, and would have been great here, as long as it was only for 15 minutes a game.
That said, backup 5 is arguably the biggest hole on the roster, now that Edwards is here. Either someone who can run the offense, like Plumlee/Hartenstein, or a wiry shot-blocker.
What would it take to get Walker Kessler from Utah?

Keegan, Davion, Terrance, and Kessler. Bet Utah would take it. Easy peasy.
Wouldn't trade Keegan.

And I know I sound crazy but I wouldn't trade Kessler in a package as well. I'd have to think long and hard about doing it straight up.

That's how good I think he can be on defense. Plays a different position and has slightly different skill set - but he has Rodman type energy on the defensive end. With some more time and experience - he's going to creat a LOT of problems for the best scoring wings in the league.

Wouldn't trade Keegan.

And I know I sound crazy but I wouldn't trade Kessler in a package as well. I'd have to think long and hard about doing it straight up.

That's how good I think he can be on defense. Plays a different position and has slightly different skill set - but he has Rodman type energy on the defensive end. With some more time and experience - he's going to creat a LOT of problems for the best scoring wings in the league.
Booker has routinely kicked our ass until Kessler started playing for us

Status
Not open for further replies.