[Game] Kings vs Jazz 3/25/2023 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the way we attacked Kessler in the 2nd half. He showed that he was human... I know he's been good, but he's not prime Gobert good to the point where we should abandon attempts at the rim.

Really good win after a lackluster 1st half. Good response

Its important to note that Sabonis has an unremarkable wingspan for a starting POWER FORWARD in the NBA, let alone a starting C.

I'd really love to hear Mike Browns thoughts on the necessity of a shotblocker at C. Bet he's got plenty of interesting things to say. Always thought the Kings listing Sabonis at C, and 7' was quite telling about their thoughts on the matter, Sabonis is remarkably consistent with what he does on offense so trading off a little defense sure seems to be working in our favor..

One things for certain, we're winning a ton of games without a shotblocker --- so maybe there's your answer right there.

while I know some fans would prefer lockdown defense there is something to be said in regards to having such a reliable offense that we can fight fire with fire. I'm really kinda torn, am I just being biased towards shotblockers? quite possibly..

It's not like when the Kings defense gets destroyed that means we get blown out, thats just not the case.

While I'd like a shotblocker, if its a Pure C, we're really talking about like 10-15 mpg off the bench max.. N really if we want to 'change up the look' we can always bring Trey Lyles off the bench to stretch the floor.. Its interesting food for thought.

I think ultimately how we deal with Adams/JJJ on Memphis and Ayton on Pheonix is the real test. Yet another fascinating storyline in this kings season, fun times.

Its important to note that Sabonis has an unremarkable wingspan for a starting POWER FORWARD in the NBA, let alone a starting C.

I'd really love to hear Mike Browns thoughts on the necessity of a shotblocker at C. Bet he's got plenty of interesting things to say. Always thought the Kings listing Sabonis at C, and 7' was quite telling about their thoughts on the matter, Sabonis is remarkably consistent with what he does on offense so trading off a little defense sure seems to be working in our favor..

One things for certain, we're winning a ton of games without a shotblocker --- so maybe there's your answer right there.

while I know some fans would prefer lockdown defense there is something to be said in regards to having such a reliable offense that we can fight fire with fire. I'm really kinda torn, am I just being biased towards shotblockers? quite possibly..

It's not like when the Kings defense gets destroyed that means we get blown out, thats just not the case.

While I'd like a shotblocker, if its a Pure C, we're really talking about like 10-15 mpg off the bench max.. N really if we want to 'change up the look' we can always bring Trey Lyles off the bench to stretch the floor.. Its interesting food for thought.

I think ultimately how we deal with Adams/JJJ on Memphis and Ayton on Pheonix is the real test. Yet another fascinating storyline in this kings season, fun times.
Shotblocking would be nice to have but yeah, in todays game you are better off with lateral mobility. Last years finals featured Looney and Horford as the main interior defenders in terms of minute getters at C when the Warriors didn't put Draymond at C. None are exactly Hakeem at the rim lol.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
It wasn't easy or smooth, but the Kings won both ends of a back-to-back, late in the season. Almost clinching time. They are now 23-15 at home, 23-14 on the road.
It's wild but assuming Monte plays it cool in the offseason and doesn't go all Minnesota on us, we should hopefully improve again next year and we should also get better officiating with national TV games, so I expect us to be a 30+ win team at home. Could be a very special season if the other young teams don't take huge leaps like we did this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.