[Game] Kings vs. Grizzlies 10/24/18, 7PM PST, 10 PM EST

Does your bias against Fox come from the fact that you overrate Bogdan to hell and back and want to hand the keys to him and build around him instead?
does this question come from your training as a professional shrink or your abilities as a mind reader?
joking aside, I don't think its bias if you point out what actually happened. especially if you level the same complaint against other players when they do it.

Does your bias against Fox come from the fact that you overrate Bogdan to hell and back and want to hand the keys to him and build around him instead?
No my “bias” against Fox comes because I want this team to be a play-off team. I want to watch smart team basketball. I’m tired of defending this team to family members who know basketball and comment how dumb they play.

We have the physical talent but it’s year two for Fox and he needs to play smarter and less selfish. He can absolutely collapse a defense. They had 4 defenders in the paint for a reason. A two point shot against multiple defenders outside the restricted area is bad basketball when you have a 40% 3 point shooting Buddy Hield standing alone at the 3 point line.

Another dominant game from Fox. Slowly but surely, he's putting together an all-star bid. The guy is just a completely different player and it seems like he's figured out that there just isn't many guys in the league who can hang with his quickness and he's taking advantage. Got to have those Free Throws at the end of the game, but I imagine he's also getting used to this sort of minutes workload+offensive responsibility. Hopefully when Bogdan comes back, we can ease him down to 33-35 MPG to keep him fresh.

-Nice to see JJ involved on the boards, but he's got to knock down those open looks he gets if he wants to stay on the floor. In the 2nd half especially, everything he got was wide open and he bricked all but one.

-Bjelly is great. Plays the game exactly how a complimentary piece should and knows his role.

Dare I say, I have some optimism with this team. Coming out of this stretch 2-3 vs 5 good (potentially playoff) teams is very impressive and we played damn good basketball in 4 of the 5 games without our best player from last season.

Why? If this organization has any brains they'll move Bogdan to the revolving door that is the SF position and not shoehorn him into the sixth man role people seem to want.

Like him or not Buddy brings you the most production out of anyone on the team not named Fox (and probably eventually Bagley).
Yep.

They will start together

I will never understand the Buddy hate. He’s one of the teams top 4 talents going forward. He’s a quality starting caliber player.

Because he makes some bonehead decisions? Let him learn and iron it out. He’s a growing player. My goodness

I know people may disagree but WCS is definitely a part of the future going forward. Barring an injury, if he plays like this the rest of the way, he will be paid by the Kings. Love Giles, but he’s not ready yet. WCS, Bagley, Fox, Buddy and Bogdan are the core pieces this team has right now. They are a young 3 and D wing (that can play 3 and 4) away from being really scary. Otto Porter would be such a nice fit.

In a team basketball, with a team that wants to win it it really does not matter who starts. And I think Buddy should be moved to bench and then finishing games.

I think bench needs his points, he needs to carry backcourt along with Yogi and then finishing games along with Fox with Bogdan on SF.

There was this coach in Euroleague who had center that was elected as best center that year. And I can't remember did he started one game. It was always a center who was just average. If he shows something in first 5 minutes he gets more minutes, if not other center enters and have advantages of freshnes, plays against opponents second center gets momentum and carries it through whole game.. And at the end he won award without starting games.

Buddy needs to comes from bench, carry bench load, gets hot against team opponents bench and then finishes with that momentum.

And yes, Kings can play defence, they just want to focus on offense at this point of development. This team will be better and better, but I am to surprised who good they are now.

When does Bogdan coming back?

Unfortunately life changes have only allowed me to catch the Pelicans game. It's been a difficult adjustment from watching 75+games a season to only 1/5 to start the season. However, I did statistically track the game. I saw that Fox and Buddy were having meh 1st half stats, but they closed out the game as our leading scorers. It's really great to see both players grow and develop in front of our eyes. It seems like a Gasol injury helped us, but all the young guys pulled away late in the 4th.

I'm also extremely happy to see that we played defense! Can't wait to see highlights of the game.

There were several times during the game when FOX was leading a break where it looked like he was moving at 2/3 speed yet he was gliding by all the defenders trying to get back on defense. It's absolutely beautiful to watch. He's just got that 'game' speed.

And his length and reach on defense makes it hard on the opposing point guards. Conley was doing whatever he wanted to whomever he wanted --- until FOX was on him. Those long arms, quickness and pit-bull mentality really bothered him.

Yep.

They will start together

I will never understand the Buddy hate. He’s one of the teams top 4 talents going forward. He’s a quality starting caliber player.

Because he makes some bonehead decisions? Let him learn and iron it out. He’s a growing player. My goodness

Everything seems to be magnified with Buddy. His game reminds me of Peja and the way fans seem to view him reminds me of him as well. Buddy can put up 31 and 8 per 48 and a few plays seem to wipe that away in the eyes of some. I think in the end many didn't realize what they actually had in Peja. I for one won't make that mistake again. Especially not in a era of basketball where that type of player is so valuable.

My favorite player is very quickly becoming Nemanja Bjelica. I know Vlade had a much bigger pedigree than him when the Kings signed him but I'm starting to wonder if he could be that semi under the radar move that helps the franchise take a leap forward. I'm just itching to see Fox, Buddy, Bogdan, and Nemanja out there together. That just might be a unit that skill wise matches up with almost anyone.

heck of a win. no bogdan? no shumpert? no problem :cool:

Grizzlies fans had to have been sick watching that 2nd half, LOL. totally different story from their previous game a win vs Utah where they locked down the Jazz in the 3rd and 4th.

Memphis only scored 40 pts in the 2nd half !

Fox for MIP!!!

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Everything seems to be magnified with Buddy. His game reminds me of Peja and the way fans seem to view him reminds me of him as well. Buddy can put up 31 and 8 per 48 and a few plays seem to wipe that away in the eyes of some. I think in the end many didn't realize what they actually had in Peja. I for one won't make that mistake again. Especially not in a era of basketball where that type of player is so valuable.
Buddy Hield is no Peja Stojakovic. You want to compare former to current - Buddy Hield is Francisco Garcia.

I wonder if Memphis was confused and came into the game with the idea that we would be tired and our defense was nonexistent.
Surprise, surprise. And the next few opponents have to plan for a track race and our defense.
Fox is going to give opponents fits!!