Kings Vs. Celtics Game Thread. 2/16, 7 p.m. PST

WTF moment of all-star weekend?

• The H.O.R.S.E. competition, just... odd.

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Evans was snubbed in favor of some jaded, seemingly unnapreciative vets.

Votes: 22 44.0%
  • Troy Murphy???

Votes: 12 24.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't usually disagree with Westphals substitutions, but Kevin should have gone back in at the 6 min mark. Beno wasn't doing much, and our offense was terrible. I've said it before, if e keep Kevin, we have to play him. No point in having him on the bench when we're bricking ft after ft.

I don't usually disagree with Westphals substitutions, but Kevin should have gone back in at the 6 min mark. Beno wasn't doing much, and our offense was terrible. I've said it before, if e keep Kevin, we have to play him. No point in having him on the bench when we're bricking ft after ft.
He was at the scorers table to come in at the next time out but that didn't come till 3 min later which at that point the team on the floor had gotten the lead.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
He should have called a time out just to bring Martin back in, when we appeared to have the momentum? You can't sub a player in if the clock doesn't stop moving...

EDIT - Renaldo beat me to it.

He should have called a time out just to bring Martin back in, when we appeared to have the momentum? You can't sub a player in if the clock doesn't stop moving...

You being a smart ***? Of course you can't sub a player with the clock running, thats why you call a timeout.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member

You being a smart ***?
Is this a trick question? Are you new here? I'm a smartass roughly one hundred percent of the time.

Of course you can't sub a player with the clock running, thats why you call a timeout.
Hence the question I asked in the post you quoted; you must have glanced over that part.

As Reina pointed out, Martin was at the scorer's table, so Westphal had intended to bring him into the game, but there was never a dead ball situation to do so. In my opinion, it seemed as though the Kings had momentum at that point in time, so I would have been against Westphal calling a timeout just to bring Martin back in; I think that Westphal made the right call, in that circumstance.

11 missed free throws? And the beat goes on. Kevin would have drawn fouls and made his shots at the end. This sucks.
Well based on the SacBee blog, Martin didn't want to come back in as he felt the team that was on the floor deserved to continue playing

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/2010/02/postgame-reacti-3.html

"I sent him in to the scorer's table and he said 'things are going pretty good,'" said Kings coach Paul Westphal. "And I said 'I know but I want you in.'"

Westphal said after a long stretch before a mandatory timeout, he and Martin agreed to let the group of Tyreke Evans, Beno Udrih, Omri Casspi, Jason Thompson and Spencer Hawes continue playing.

FT's have to be the theme of this season, I think crucial misses have cost us atleast 10 wins, but like a poster said above thats what you get with a team full of rookies but next year I'm confident we win these games.

It was a good effort though got to see some nice blocks from our bigs on a clearly athletically challenged Celtics team. It was nice to see Cisco too for his short stretch REALLY missed him.

Other than that onto the next one

Status
Not open for further replies.