[Game] Kings v. Warriors - Friday, Feb. 2 - 7:30 PT

I honestly do not mind losses like this one. Hustle. Heart. Intensity. Fight. Bring all of that to the table every night and I wouldn't mind going 0-82...

Or, maybe I would. Just a little.

Just. A. Little.

Speaking of, this is MUCH closer to the minute distribution I want to be seeing:

WCS- 34 Minutes
JJ- 33 Minutes
Fox- 31 Minutes
Bogdan- 28 Minutes
Buddy- 21 Minutes

Vets:
ZBO- 28 minutes
Hill- 21 Minutes
Vince- 19 Minutes
Temple- 9 Minutes

Once Skal healthy, plug him in to ZBO minutes and we're cooking with fire.

DeFox with another excellent outing. Everybody should be happy. I loved the game and the Tankers got their lin. Good night all.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!
This is precisely how it’s done! The team played their tails off which is what you ALWAYS want to see...tanking or not.

All the youngsters had flashes and played well enough which is what you want to see. Fox had a better game than his stats s suggest. When he develops a consistent jumper he will be a nightmare to guard. He already is impossible to stay in front off.

Fox has had a very good month but Justin Jackson is having himself a pretty darn nice run here. He is showing flashes of being a very good role player in the NBA. He is very solid at everything he does.

Buddy had himself a very energetic game. Some excellent stuff, then some boneheaded mistakes but he can be a pretty productive player on a play off team in time.

WCS’ defence was excellent. He covered KD there in patches and did a pretty darn good job of it.

Bogi also did his thing in patches even though he has obviously hit a wall here.

Play hard, stay in the game for majority of the game, young players show a fair bit and contribute to the teams performance and veterans do their thing. Oh and you get an “honorable” loss to do you lottery chances no harm.

I suspect we will see a lot of games like this one from the team for the rest of the season. Kids are coming along nicely thank you very much! :)

Kings were around until Fox and Hield missed more or less B2B 3pa's that if made could've made it interesting. Fox was wide open. Kings played fairly well, but their offense went stagnant in stretches. Hield and Jackson had very good games. Cauley-Stein on the other hand looked too passive in stretches of the game and didn't rebound well enough. Hill 22 min with 0 pts.
Final was not representative of how close the game was much of the time. Kings had 15 steals, but got out-rebounded badly. Kings played decently on defense, but couldn't match Durant on offense. Too many shot-clock violations or awful offensive sets.

However, the loss helps the draft cause....

This is precisely how it’s done! The team played their tails off which is what you ALWAYS want to see...tanking or not.

All the youngsters had flashes and played well enough which is what you want to see. Fox had a better game than his stats s suggest. When he develops a consistent jumper he will be a nightmare to guard. He already is impossible to stay in front off.

Fox has had a very good month but Justin Jackson is having himself a pretty darn nice run here. He is showing flashes of being a very good role player in the NBA. He is very solid at everything he does.

Buddy had himself a very energetic game. Some excellent stuff, then some boneheaded mistakes but he can be a pretty productive player on a play off team in time.

WCS’ defence was excellent. He covered KD there in patches and did a pretty darn good job of it.

Bogi also did his thing in patches even though he has obviously hit a wall here.

Play hard, stay in the game for majority of the game, young players show a fair bit and contribute to the teams performance and veterans do their thing. Oh and you get an “honorable” loss to do you lottery chances no harm.

I suspect we will see a lot of games like this one from the team for the rest of the season. Kids are coming along nicely thank you very much! :)
Cauley-Stein was active in some parts and looked awful in other times. Way too inconsistent. Didn't rebound well enough at all. On the whole he had an average game - maybe a "C+" if I were to letter rate it.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I had to turn off the post-game. As much as I used to hate how Laker fan acted after a game, I must say they are nowhere near as disrespectful and rude as Warrior fan. Reading Twitter, I'm somewhat mollified to see how Koz is taking them to school.

Stupid Warriors fans. Kings fans will not forget.

Carmichael Dave‏Verified account@CarmichaelDave 3m3 minutes ago

Tough to watch the postgame with all the glare from the brand new warriors gear in the background
Go home Warriors fans you're drunk!
I had to turn off the post-game. As much as I used to hate how Laker fan acted after a game, I must say they are nowhere near as disrespectful and rude as Warrior fan. Reading Twitter, I'm somewhat mollified to see how Koz is taking them to school.

Stupid Warriors fans. Kings fans will not forget.
Steven Leeper‏@The_Grim_Leeper

Replying to @CarmichaelDave
He just had another good one on post game. Camera showed a bunch of people in Dubs jerseys and Koz said “there’s a bunch of Warriors fans... oh come on, they’re not fans. You think they know who Run TMC is? No.”
Hence why my comment was made a few posts earlier...

Hope all is ok with you and yours. Basketball ( both playing and watching) has always been therapeutic for me.
Thank you. I lost my father today. We watched a lot of Kings games together over the years and we spent most of my childhood living a few blocks from Franke's Drugs and I have been excited to see the neon sign collection at the new arena. Unfortunately I didn't get to take him to a game over the holidays the past two years.

I smiled a few times watching the game today. When they came back I thought about watching it with him and he'd probably have told me they'd blow it.

Thank you. I lost my father today. We watched a lot of Kings games together over the years and we spent most of my childhood living a few blocks from Franke's Drugs and I have been excited to see the neon sign collection at the new arena. Unfortunately I didn't get to take him to a game over the holidays the past two years.

I smiled a few times watching the game today. When they came back I thought about watching it with him and he'd probably have told me they'd blow it.
I am very sorry for your loss my friend. I am not much of a praying man, but I will keep positive thoughts for you and your family during this difficult time.:(

My condolences. I’m sure that was a bittersweet game. Those must have been some good memories as you watched the game.

Finally tracked down a streamable of the excellent defense Bogdan was playing on KD, Durant's push off that gets called as a foul on Bogdan. Bonus is P.J.'s commentary regarding MVP players vs. Rookies.

I was livid during the game. :mad:
https://streamable.com/0n9hh
"KD is the MVP and bogdon is a rookie and sometimes that's just the way it goes."

That thinking has ALWAYS bugged me. It makes the league seem very WWE-ish. Cmon man! So no matter what KD does, since he's the former MVP, the ref just sees MVP and will call whatever on the opposing player? Who in their right mind thinks that's ok because, well, "that's just the way it is". Didn't sit right with me when this BS was going on with Jordan, Kobe, or anyone else. I'd love to hear why the ref wouldn't just swallow his whistle instead of calling some phantom BS on bogdon.

Prayers up brother, relish those sweet memories.