[Game] Kings v. Warriors - Friday, Feb. 2 - 7:30 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This game is on ESPN, following the Heat-Sixers. If you want to see the pre-game, make sure you tune in to the NBCSports alternative.

Looks like Skal will be out, but WCS and Coach should be back. Malachi is listed on the injury report as I write this as a "game time decision."

Sean Cunningham‏Verified account@SeanCunningham 15m15 minutes ago

Skal Labissiere will be out for the weekend with the shoulder strain, according to Dave Joerger. He also said Willie Cauley-Stein was on pace to return on Friday vs Warriors.

Sean Cunningham‏Verified account@SeanCunningham 20m20 minutes ago

Dave Joerger looking like he’ll return to Kings bench Friday night, although wouldn’t commit to it. Seemed like his old self today with a little more pep in his step.

------------------------------------------------
I hate the Warriors, but I hate the fans of theirs that show up to G1C even more. I guess it's payback for all those years when Kings fans invaded Oracle (Arco West). I do not ever recall, however, Kings fans acting as rude and rowdy as Warriors fans have. The Warriors are one of the few teams I will never go to see in G1C.

Reminder: Because of the season starting earlier and to prevent conflict with the All-Star week, this year's trade deadline is Thursday, Feb. 8 at 3 p.m. ET. What that means is we may well see the vets featured again. Although I'm sure this will distress a few around here, that's just par for the course. Once the trade deadline passes, is when we should (and I truly believe will) see the rooks much more prominently featured.

I'll be interested to see if Fox starts or if Joerger chooses to go with Hill against Curry out of the gate. My guess for the starters:

Fox, Bogs, Carter, Z-Bo and WCS

Last edited:
I hate the Warriors, but I hate the fans of theirs that show up to G1C even more. I guess it's payback for all those years when Kings fans invaded Oracle (Arco West). I do not ever recall, however, Kings fans acting as rude and rowdy as Warriors fans have. The Warriors are one of the few teams I will never go to see in G1C.
I was there when we rolled em in Oakland end of last year. I gave it to them all good dont worry VF.

They all walked out of there knowing exactly who Frank Mason, WCS, Bog and Fox were if they didnt before.

**** the Warriors. We'll do them tonight too

If the "rumors" are true (more so talk than rumors at this point, but I am sure it will all turn into legit rumors at some point...), and if LeBron bolts Cleveland (again) and becomes a Warrior, I will NEVER cheer for that team EVER. Even if it's against the darn Lakers, or against an Eastern Conference team I can't currently find myself cheering on in any capacity. I swear on my life. I will even raid freaking Oracle and wear a darn Lakers jersey and give them crap. No joke. This whole super team crap is getting to be waaaaaay too much. It's beyond ridiculous at this point. It really is.

If the "rumors" are true (more so talk than rumors at this point, but I am sure it will all turn into legit rumors at some point...), and if LeBron bolts Cleveland (again) and becomes a Warrior, I will NEVER cheer for that team EVER. Even if it's against the darn Lakers, or against an Eastern Conference team I can't currently find myself cheering on in any capacity. I swear on my life. I will even raid freaking Oracle and wear a darn Lakers jersey and give them crap. No joke. This whole super team crap is getting to be waaaaaay too much. It's beyond ridiculous at this point. It really is.
I don't *hate* the warriors, and even managed to root for them against the Cavs (sort of like, my enemy's enemy is my friend). But one time when I tried to become a warrior's fan, it felt like I was trying on some clothing that I would never wear again. Just not a good fit. I guess I fall for underdogs, and the warriors have been full of superteam testosterone cockiness for far too long.

I have and always have had a warm place in my heart for the Warriors. Since before they brought me that championship in 1975. Though I understand where the “haters” come from I just don’t share that. Let’s go out and beat their pants off! Go Kings!

Don’t like the Warriors except for one game of the year, Game 1 of NBA finals. Been going the last few years and will go again this year if they maintain. I’m an NBA fan as well as a Kings fan, and it’s a great environment to have an hour and a half away

Since it’s an ESPN game I expect us to be competitive, and De’aaron to continue his play before the national audience

I don't *hate* the warriors, and even managed to root for them against the Cavs (sort of like, my enemy's enemy is my friend). But one time when I tried to become a warrior's fan, it felt like I was trying on some clothing that I would never wear again. Just not a good fit. I guess I fall for underdogs, and the warriors have been full of superteam testosterone cockiness for far too long.
I don't necessarily "hate" them either. Not yet, at least. However, if LBJ jumps on board, that will change.

In all honesty, outside of that one LA team, I don't hate any NBA team outside of Sacramento.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Based on what I'm reading on the Twitter, I am so glad I refuse to go to GSW games in G1C. Sounds like the usual assemblage of obnoxious Warriors fans who show up in Kings jerseys and then change into Curry gear. I hate Warriors fans.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Okay, I'm already tired of Z-Bo. I am in real danger of screaming obscenities at my TV screen within the first two minutes of the game, which just might be some kind of personal record.