[Game] Sacramento Kings @ Atlanta Hawks, 12/29/2023, 4:30pm PST/7:30pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugly game, it could have flipped to the other side just in the blink of an eye. Luckily they were worse than us in the last 5 minutes.

Thank god I only caught the last 6 minutes. Sounds like a really ugly 1st half. I’m gonna watch the condensed game, but looking at the box score it seems like Brown’s leash is getting shorter and shorter with Huerter and Barnes. Or were either of them hurt? I do think it’s time he should replace 1 of them in the lineup for defense. If it’s Huerter, I think he’ll benefit from it and maybe he can play more of a spot up role and take away the more stressful shots coming from a handoff.

Also curious how Hawks are 12-19. Looking at their roster, they should be at least .500. Trae, Murray, Capella, Hunter, Bogi, Bey. Seems like a really good balance of shooting, size, passing, etc. Their record doesn’t make any sense to me.
They have been at .500 or so for years. It’s really as good as they are ever going to be. They should probably break up the roster. I think it was last year that they lost one and won one for most of the season. It was as .500 as you’ll ever see.

They have been at .500 or so for years. It’s really as good as they are ever going to be. They should probably break up the roster. I think it was last year that they lost one and won one for most of the season. It was as .500 as you’ll ever see.
They also had John Collins last year. Adding Dejounte and Bey prolly took some time to sort through. But after 1 season, you think they would be hitting their stride. Wonder if they’ll be sellers before the trade deadline and have someone like Hunter available.

They also had John Collins last year. Adding Dejounte and Bey prolly took some time to sort through. But after 1 season, you think they would be hitting their stride. Wonder if they’ll be sellers before the trade deadline and have someone like Hunter available.
That would be the smart move, but sometimes teams just hang on to the same underachieving roster for far too long. It’s clear that they aren’t working out, gotta change something up.

They can’t figure out who to commit to. It was supposed to be Hunter but he hasn’t developed as much as they thought he would I think. Seems like Jalen Johnson is that guy for them now. They can’t commit to Okongwu either. Last year it looked like Griffin was the guy. I still think they trade for Siakam and clean up some of this depth

Last edited:
I wonder what it would take to get Hunter. I think he would be a cheaper version of OG but not a huge drop off
Not too familiar with their GM and whether or not he overvalues his own players. We have recent history trading with them though so there’s a connection we could exploit. I’m not on the Lavine train by any means, but with the Bulls underachieving yet again, if you can snag him for super cheap, you do it. He is still a great player and a good shooter, he would fit well on offense. Defensively, the exact opposite. Grant from the Blazers would be interesting as well, but extremely pricey, we would have to be sure he is the missing piece.

Fox shooting threes and hitting them at this rate, is just flat out frightening for the rest of the league. You can see the defense just having no idea what to do with him. Btw, I'm also starting to think Trey Lyles starting over HB makes the most sense going forward, at least until another move is made. Either that, or bring Huerter off the bench and have Lyles be the energizer bunny with Monk starting. Malik will help Sabonis and Fox push the pace and avoid these slow starts + take the pressure off of them so they won't have to literally make every play within the first 7 or 8 minutes.

Fox shooting threes and hitting them at this rate, is just flat out frightening for the rest of the league. You can see the defense just having no idea what to do with him. Btw, I'm also starting to think Trey Lyles starting over HB makes the most sense going forward, at least until another move is made. Either that, or bring Huerter off the bench and have Lyles be the energizer bunny with Monk starting. Malik will help Sabonis and Fox push the pace and avoid these slow starts + take the pressure off of them so they won't have to literally make every play within the first 7 or 8 minutes.
You can't bench HB if you plan to trade him though... you're shooting yourself in the foot in terms of trade value. It will plummet.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
It would be cool if someday the team is playing suffocating defense and the DPOG is the team. I don’t know what the “prize” would be but I’d imagine they have it least thought about this concept
time to make 14 more crowns in that instance, either that or one big enough to fit 15 players underneath it

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Thank god I only caught the last 6 minutes. Sounds like a really ugly 1st half. I’m gonna watch the condensed game, but looking at the box score it seems like Brown’s leash is getting shorter and shorter with Huerter and Barnes. Or were either of them hurt? I do think it’s time he should replace 1 of them in the lineup for defense. If it’s Huerter, I think he’ll benefit from it and maybe he can play more of a spot up role and take away the more stressful shots coming from a handoff.

Also curious how Hawks are 12-19. Looking at their roster, they should be at least .500. Trae, Murray, Capella, Hunter, Bogi, Bey. Seems like a really good balance of shooting, size, passing, etc. Their record doesn’t make any sense to me.
the main culprit has and always will be....Trae Young. Just not a winning player. I know they beat the Knicks in a series was it last year or the year before? but other than that, his teams record has been taking a nosedive

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Not too familiar with their GM and whether or not he overvalues his own players. We have recent history trading with them though so there’s a connection we could exploit. I’m not on the Lavine train by any means, but with the Bulls underachieving yet again, if you can snag him for super cheap, you do it. He is still a great player and a good shooter, he would fit well on offense. Defensively, the exact opposite. Grant from the Blazers would be interesting as well, but extremely pricey, we would have to be sure he is the missing piece.
I don't recall but I think the owner's son ran the GM out of town because he wanted to run the show?

What a god damn concept. Malik Monk as the initiator was absolutely dominant and got Fox as clean of looks as he's gotten in the 4th quarter as he's seen the last 2 years. Just freaking commit to it. 33+ MPG for Monk
The key to this is that Monk can also create for himself and the defense has no idea what the heck either of them are going to do, especially on the floor with Sabonis and Keegan. I love how unpredictable Fox is with this added 3, and with Monk in the lineup, the Kings become unpredictable as a unit.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
checked out some highlights and looked through the boxscore. seems as if Brown had a short leash for Barnes and Huerter and gave the rest of the minutes to Duarte, Davion & Monk. Davion needs to play more, really simple as that. Monte used a lottery pick on him only two seasons ago, who cares if he can't score and run the point. Use him for what he does best and don't ask him to be more than what he is right now. Liked seeing Len back, he's the one tough/physical player the Kings do have on the roster that Brown likes to play

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
You can't bench HB if you plan to trade him though... you're shooting yourself in the foot in terms of trade value. It will plummet.
There was one point where "we need HB for leadership" - I don't know how that translates if he's playing 8 minutes a night but if that's still a concern it's worth it to promote Lyles (and even get more time for Sasha with the second unit if possible).

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
No, he hates vegetables and basically has never had any in his adult life.
that's about 70% (give or take) of the American population. Hench why people take vitamin pills and/or vegetable/fruit pills and think all of a sudden their getting their recommend dosage and can avoid illness

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I missed the game. Was Sasha hurt? Noticed he didn’t get any minutes.
Is he on the naughty list after an outburst last week? I don't know.

I want to see more of him. But the NBA game is still a bit fast for him right now, I am not sure how you adapt without minutes though.

Is he on the naughty list after an outburst last week? I don't know.

I want to see more of him. But the NBA game is still a bit fast for him right now, I am not sure how you adapt without minutes though.
This particular game I just think it was other guys had it going. Trey was on fire, Len was impactful and Keegan was playing great D. He really needs to get 15 min every game, just not convinced it happens without a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.