[Game] Sacramento Kings @ Atlanta Hawks, 12/29/2023, 4:30pm PST/7:30pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
This particular game I just think it was other guys had it going. Trey was on fire, Len was impactful and Keegan was playing great D. He really needs to get 15 min every game, just not convinced it happens without a trade
There's a part of me that is hopeful he's safe long term and part of the reason they are holding back is so he isn't demanded in any trade deals (or potential cuts/releases).

The doom and gloom on page 2 of this thread is hysterical omg this team puts us through the ringer and rollercoaster ride like no other. We had a few of these last season, too LOL
Last year it was the Kardiac Kings who never got blown out and won a bunch of close games. This year it's the Jeckyll and Hyde Kings who play like the Washington Generals for halves or whole games at a time!

Lol I've seem more "I'm turning this off" posts this year than any other. They've got a couple big comebacks this year already so I guess you can't count them out!

that's about 70% (give or take) of the American population. Hench why people take vitamin pills and/or vegetable/fruit pills and think all of a sudden their getting their recommend dosage and can avoid illness
But you can though. I will take 100 to 200 THOUSAND IUs of vitamin D at the slightest hint of a sickness and it puts it in a choke hold. 5000 IU vit d is for wimps. Bulk powder Vitamin D. It's a hormone that puts your immune system into overdrive.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
But you can though. I will take 100 to 200 THOUSAND IUs of vitamin D at the slightest hint of a sickness and it puts it in a choke hold. 5000 IU vit d is for wimps. Bulk powder Vitamin D. It's a hormone that puts your immune system into overdrive.
you're talking about Vitamin D only, where are your remaining vitamins coming from?

you're talking about Vitamin D only, where are your remaining vitamins coming from?
I'm using vitamin D as a prime example of why vitamins in general can be effective.

I'm not going to provide you with a full catalogue of all vitamins and their biochemical role in the body. You could google it though. Lots to learn!

I'd suggest starting with magnesium. Fantastic as a supplement and almost everyone I recommend it to agrees.

Supplements work.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'm using vitamin D as a prime example of why vitamins in general can be effective.

I'm not going to provide you with a full catalogue of all vitamins and their biochemical role in the body. You could google it though. Lots to learn!

I'd suggest starting with magnesium. Fantastic as a supplement and almost everyone I recommend it to agrees.

Supplements work.
supplements with proper nutrition, exercise & sleep work

Yeah, you could see when Fox gestured to the crowd(or Trae’s dad) after a three..you can see the jolt enter Trae through all of his movements that he was going to try to win the game by himself. Then he took some terrible shots.

He is overrated.
He's definitely not on Fox' level, not in terms of basketball IQ, efficiency or ability, for that matter. Fox has set himself apart from a lot of the guys folks used to compare him to, and i love to see it. :cool:

Yeah, you could see when Fox gestured to the crowd(or Trae’s dad) after a three..you can see the jolt enter Trae through all of his movements that he was going to try to win the game by himself. Then he took some terrible shots.

He is overrated.
He’s always been overrated. He’s just another in a long line of high volume, defensive deficient chuckers I’ve seen over and over the past 40 years.

I‘ve said the same about the likes of the Bearded Hag and Russell Westbrick. The types that post impressive stats but don’t win. At least not when it matters.

Those types of players are almost always more concerned with their numbers than doing whatever it takes to win games — especially if that means taking a step back and being less ball dominant. And more importantly, taking on the responsibility of trying to be one of the better defenders on the team. Putting in that type of consistent effort means sacrificing the offensive production and those guys aren’t up to the challenge.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
They also had John Collins last year. Adding Dejounte and Bey prolly took some time to sort through. But after 1 season, you think they would be hitting their stride. Wonder if they’ll be sellers before the trade deadline and have someone like Hunter available.
There is exactly one fundamental problem to the Hawks and it is this: There is no "m" in "Trae".

You can't bench HB if you plan to trade him though... you're shooting yourself in the foot in terms of trade value. It will plummet.
I don't think we need to prioritize showcasing HB if he isn't playing well either way. Bringing him off the bench may improve his game and our team, that's all i care about. His contract isn't so egregious that he can't be traded or packaged somewhere eventually, IMO, and most teams aren't stupid. They see he isn't playing well, whether we start him or not.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
In making the claim that supplements work, I was in no way advocating for not sleeping. Nor was I making the claim that exercise it bad for you and doesn't get you in shape. Surprisingly, I was also not making the claim that healthy food is not healthy for you.
but you were making the case that supplements work without mentioning whether they work on its own or with a lifestyle that is conducive to reaping its full benefits

It feels like Huerter has become unplayable with his matador defense, especially playing with Sabonis because he isn’t a shot blocker or inside defensive presence.

I’m more onboard with swapping him with Keon, Duarte (when he plays like last night), or even Davion. Who cares if they score much. Just knock down some open 3’s enough to keep defenders honest and play solid defense.

Len’s presence in the lane will help cover up Heurter’s defense and our starting unit will benefit by having a better on-ball defender on the perimeter so Sabonis isn’t being asked to play help defense at the rim as often.

I’ll say it again, I love what Len brings to this team. I’d be okay never seeing McGee in meaningful minutes again. Thought Duarte played well last night. Props to the bench unit stepping up big. It felt like last season.

Len is one of my favorite bench mob players, glad to see him back and hopefully he is next in the backup C line instead of McGee.
I gotta think he's ahead of McGee. McGee can actually be an extremely valuable piece for us, but when he gets flustered and starts "McGee'ing" we need to be able to take him out and still have a beast on defense in there. Len allows us to get the most out of McGee while limiting the downside.

I'd like to make fun of everyone for all the whining and crying during the first few pages of the thread but then I remembered that I was doing the same internal whining and crying while I was watching the game.

Fox now has the highest 3pt% on the team with the most attempts. Last year he was 12th on the team in 3pt% with the 4th most attempts. That's an insane improvement.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I gotta think he's ahead of McGee. McGee can actually be an extremely valuable piece for us, but when he gets flustered and starts "McGee'ing" we need to be able to take him out and still have a beast on defense in there. Len allows us to get the most out of McGee while limiting the downside.
Honestly, i still think it will depend on the matchup. McGee pisses me off sometimes but he has genuinely helped us win games this year
Clearly if for no other reason than Len doesn't play 82 games a season and neither is costing much besides a roster spot, there's room for both on this team. And I also agree that McGee has contributed to wins this year. I think LA in the game Fox got hurt? A few others for sure.

I'd like to make fun of everyone for all the whining and crying during the first few pages of the thread but then I remembered that I was doing the same internal whining and crying while I was watching the game.

Fox now has the highest 3pt% on the team with the most attempts. Last year he was 12th on the team in 3pt% with the 4th most attempts. That's an insane improvement.
Fans often have short term memories.

I pretty much never had it on my bingo card that Fox would be one of the best shooters in the NBA, 30 games into the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.