[Game] Kings v. Nets - Thursday, March 1 - 7 PT

Why cant I find an accurate box score online? Why does this keep happening???

That was a fun game to watch, I'm really happy for Fox and Bogie.
Final statistics were not available from the game, the second time in eight days that has occurred in Sacramento. The Kings blamed a malfunction of the NBA's scoring program which locked up near the end of the fourth quarter.

Even the giant scoreboard that hangs over center court at Golden1 Center had the final score wrong, listing the Kings winning 116-100.
From ESPN

Fox showed it all on offense tonight. From what I counted, 17 of his points were in the half court. Mid range jumpers, tough finishes in traffic, using the Duncan bank shot, floaters and a 3 ball. He can score in more ways than anyone on the team and comes up big when it counts. Sure seems elite to me.

I know that the Tank Crew will not enjoy this win, but I got appreciate the kids coming out and flat playing some ball to force an OT game and then to Win It!
Actually, not at all!

This was easily our best game of the season and might have been the first game where we truly gave the keys to the young guys to go and win this game. No 40 minutes from Temple, no 20+ shots from ZBO, no George Hill keeping Buddy off the floor. If we were smart, we'd build off this game, keep Skal in the starting 5 and let Fox/Bogdan/JJ/Skal/WCS/Mason/Buddy continue to be far and away the main contributors as it should have been all season long.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I know that the Tank Crew will not enjoy this win, but I got appreciate the kids coming out and flat playing some ball to force an OT game and then to Win It!
Can't get mad when it's the kids winning it for us. Well, I can't.

And hey, maybe if we play to win to end the year as opposed to more blatently tanking teams, we'll get rewarded with some of that sweet, sweet (behind closed doors) lotto "luck" when it's time for ping pong!

And hey, maybe if we play to win to end the year as opposed to more blatently tanking teams, we'll get rewarded with some of that sweet, sweet (behind closed doors) lotto "luck" when it's time for ping pong!
I am really not a person that enjoys taking part in conspiracies but I impulsively had that thought last season/draft as well. The Kings moving up for once after a decade of falling seemed just so suspicious :p. Also the Suns fell quite a bit after making headlines for shutting down a healthy Bledsoe. It was like Silver was signalizing: Don't tank like the Suns, play hard like the Kings and you get rewarded.

Exactly. When the young kids win so be it.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Fox showed it all on offense tonight. From what I counted, 17 of his points were in the half court. Mid range jumpers, tough finishes in traffic, using the Duncan bank shot, floaters and a 3 ball. He can score in more ways than anyone on the team and comes up big when it counts. Sure seems elite to me.
When I saw that bank shot I wanted to award him TEN points for that shot! Talk about warming the cockles of my heart. That bank shot on the run is going to yield sooooo many benefits down the line.

I’ve said that my dream scenario is the team playing hard and close each night but coming up just a bit short in the end.

What I most assuredly don’t want to see is winning games with the vets playing heavy minutes while feeding Zach Randolph in the post down the stretch.

If the Kings win playing their youth and with the likes of FOX, MASON, BOGIE, JJ or SKAL making clutch plays, I certainly can’t complain. And that’s what happened last night against a team that isn’t incentivized to tank because they don’t have their 1st round pick. So it was nice to see.

It’s tough having the two best wing prospects playing the same position, and once again I’m tempted to see the upside/downfall of Bogs playing the 3. Buddy has been improving at a rate of more than a bench player

I wonder how they can go about shutting Zach down or playing him minimally

While I favor losses I like to see the youth show out, and I agree that if they win so be it. Glad this isn’t a draft that many think is headed by a generational talent, so I don’t have to obsess over that first pick

Actually, not at all!

This was easily our best game of the season and might have been the first game where we truly gave the keys to the young guys to go and win this game. No 40 minutes from Temple, no 20+ shots from ZBO, no George Hill keeping Buddy off the floor. If we were smart, we'd build off this game, keep Skal in the starting 5 and let Fox/Bogdan/JJ/Skal/WCS/Mason/Buddy continue to be far and away the main contributors as it should have been all season long.
Only change id like to see is forTemple to join ZBo on bench for rest of season and his mins go to Bruno. Great showing by the youth in this one. Dont mind winning like this!

I w a the game ad Fox, Buddy and Bogdan are clutch and, for the game, Fox was a turnover machine. Have to send part of him back to the minors. We tried hard to lose but just couldn’t. Great win!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
One has to laugh at the gang of old guys on the Kings roster confronting the refs after the Dinwiddie foul at the end of the fourth. Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 4.11.35 AM.jpg

Also, Shump deserves some credit for coming into a situation midway through the season and joining the legion of old vet nice guys.

I had to bow out with family stuff. How did Skal look and Buddy look? Box score says they scored reasonably well but I never trust a box score.
Skal started out decent but his rebounding woes continued. Scored a few looks over Carroll but gave them back on the other end as well. I'd give him a C for the game.

Buddy looked really good out there. Lately he has been showing more layers to his game than we thought he had. As you can see, he filled up the box score last night and you could really tell on the court. His passing has been really good the last couple weeks. His defense has picked up and while he still gets blown by sometimes, he contributes in other ways by intercepting passes or poking the ball away. Plus he's always there for the rebound. The box score says he had 4 but he was in position for about 8 of them. It was just that Koufos or WCS snatched them before they got into Buddy's hands.

Skal started out decent but his rebounding woes continued. Scored a few looks over Carroll but gave them back on the other end as well. I'd give him a C for the game.

Buddy looked really good out there. Lately he has been showing more layers to his game than we thought he had. As you can see, he filled up the box score last night and you could really tell on the court. His passing has been really good the last couple weeks. His defense has picked up and while he still gets blown by sometimes, he contributes in other ways by intercepting passes or poking the ball away. Plus he's always there for the rebound. The box score says he had 4 but he was in position for about 8 of them. It was just that Koufos or WCS snatched them before they got into Buddy's hands.
Buddy has looked great since the All-star break, and Joerger has been giving him more run since then too. He is always hustling, and never stops running around on offense (sometimes it looks like he is running around just for the hell of it though, but better than standing still for the most part). I love his dedication to the boards. Still wish he would unleash his 3 more--last night he passed up a few good looks for a more difficult look or passed off. I like him as part of the future.

I w a the game ad Fox, Buddy and Bogdan are clutch and, for the game, Fox was a turnover machine. Have to send part of him back to the minors. We tried hard to lose but just couldn’t. Great win!
Fox got blocked at the rim a few times last night. He is young, and my hope is that he will start adding to his repertoire as he gains experience.

Fox got blocked at the rim a few times last night. He is young, and my hope is that he will start adding to his repertoire as he gains experience.
I been noticing that more often than not. Have to remember still "just" 6'3" with great hops and quite skinny at just turned 20. Lot of upside but also lots to fill in as they say.

The atmosphere was surprisingly crazy, really enjoyable.

Quincy Acy is so fun to watch celebrate 3 pointers, that dude is a good teammate.
I was sitting two rows behind him. When he got up off the bench and was facing me I told him he was the man and Sac loves him and he nodded. The funny thing was Nik Stauskas was standing right next to him and looked at me when I said that.

I don't remember who it is on this board, but one poster commented on Fox not passing off of his drives. I've been watching him and it's true that he is not looking to pass on his drives. Finishing and distributing on his drives would help his game and the team.

Thanks for the recap!

Buddy has been really good in the games I've watched since the All-Star break. He's looked really comfortable on both ends. Not that he's a great defender but he's been really pesky and positioned himself well.

I don't remember who it is on this board, but one poster commented on Fox not passing off of his drives. I've been watching him and it's true that he is not looking to pass on his drives. Finishing and distributing on his drives would help his game and the team.
Here are rookie passes off of drives

http://stats.nba.com/players/drives/?CF=DRIVES*GE*50&Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular Season&PerMode=Totals&sort=DRIVE_PASSES_PCT&dir=-1&PlayerExperience=Rookie

Here are Kings passes off drives

http://stats.nba.com/players/drives/?CF=DRIVES*GE*50&Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular Season&PerMode=Totals&sort=DRIVE_PASSES_PCT&dir=-1&TeamID=1610612758

Fox is bad for his position but so is Willie and ZBo. No wonder our attempts from 3 are near the bottom:

http://stats.nba.com/players/drives/?CF=DRIVES*GE*50&Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular Season&PerMode=Totals&sort=DRIVE_PASSES_PCT&dir=-1&TeamID=1610612758