[Game] Kings v. Jazz - Saturday, March 3 - 7 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So...not even the Tank Group could be too upset over Thursday's game. When the kids put it all on the line and pull out the overtime win, all you can do is smile and say "Go Kings!"

The Jazz roll into G1C late Friday night after playing the Minnesota Timberwolves. (As I write this, the game is only in the second quarter.) They're still in the playoff hunt, currently 2 games out of the #8 slot. In other words, they're a good test of the kids. :)

This represents the first game of three back-to-backs in March. We play the Knicks at G1C on Sunday.

I expect to see Npliam check in at least once in this game thread. That is, if I can see the game thread ... or the game. It's definitely looking like winter up here right now. Cleaning the snow off both my TV and Internet dishes is possible ONLY if it stops snowing long enough.

This is the part of the season I've been waiting for, the time when Joerger feels confident enough to let the kids loose to learn their lessons on the court. I did see the clip of the vets arguing with the official in the Net game. Gotta love the camaraderie. It truly looks like "character" has been restored.

It's a good time to be a Kings fan!

GO KINGS!

According to Jason Jones, WCS is doubtful for the game against the Jazz because of a lower back strain.

Kayte had made comments about how Willie played well in the first half of the Nets game. Then not so well in the 2nd half after tweaking his lower back. Willie is so stoic I did not notice. Leave it to a former player to spot that.

Utah beat the T-Wolves last night. KAT did not play in the 2nd half due to an ejection. Gobert had 26 points and 16 rebounds! 2 other players were ejected. Sounds like a hard fought win. Game recap--> http://www.nba.com/games/20180302/MINUTA#/video

Utah should be lathered up for this one. I hope Sampson and Cooley are in town as the Kings may need them:eek:

GO KINGS!!!!!

Last edited:
Kayte had made comments about how Willie played well in the first half of the Nets game. Then not so well in the 2nd half after tweaking his lower back. Willie is so stoic I did not notice. Leave it to a former player to spot that.

Utah beat the T-Wolves last night. KAT did not play in the 2nd half due to an ejection. Gobert had 26 points and 16 rebounds! 2 other players were ejected. Sounds like a hard fought win. Game recap--> http://www.nba.com/games/20180302/MINUTA#/video

Utah should be lathered up for this one. I hope Sampson and Cooley are in town as the Kings may need them:eek:

GO KINGS!!!!!
Willie needs to rest that back. It’s not like we are fighting for a playoff spot and backs can be tricky. Heck Memphis is creating injuries no way we should be playing through them.

All 7 games I’ve been to this year we’ve lost and I’m going tonight. I just hope I don’t have to watch Zach Randolph shoot 20+ times.

Willie needs to rest that back. It’s not like we are fighting for a playoff spot and backs can be tricky. Heck Memphis is creating injuries no way we should be playing through them.
I've suspected that Willie has been playing a little dinged up for the last month or so, at times he just does not seem to be moving as freely, wasn't sure if it was the back or the knee/ankle. It apparently flared up in the 1st quarter of the last game, may be why he passed up the wide open outside jumpers later in the game after hitting 3 or 4 in the 1st quarter. You just can't shoot a long range jumper smoothly if your back is giving problems, but he contributed in other ways, the 7 assists were impressive.

It's a bummer that Willie can't go tonight but still looking forward to watching Fox and Bogdanovic continue to grow together. It seems to me that their chemistry is improving along with their confidence. I'm a little bummed that Willie isn't playing, but hoping to see a good dose of Skal, Buddy, and Mason.

It's a bummer that Willie can't go tonight but still looking forward to watching Fox and Bogdanovic continue to grow together. It seems to me that their chemistry is improving along with their confidence. I'm a little bummed that Willie isn't playing, but hoping to see a good dose of Skal, Buddy, and Mason.
I want to see the Kings shoot at least 20 open 3’s. (Open defined as the defender 4 or more feet away). I also want to see improvement on defense tonight.

Pass the ball Fox!!! You have Jackson in is favorite spot at the 3 point line, and you force an off balance 8 ft fall away jumper that doesn’t reach the rim!!

Whoa. I hadn't seen Ricky Rubio in a while. He's certainly changed...
Looks like every six months or 5,000 miles he has to take his hair down to Jiffy Lube for an oil change.
I did not recognize him AT ALL when I saw him towards the beginning of the season (I think it was when I was watching Jazz highlights on either SportsCenter or ESPN)...I thought I needed to go and get my eyes checked or something like that...

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
here's a good idea, let's pass the ball to Fox in the corner where he is about two inches from being on the out of bounds line

Buddy really working hard on all aspects of his game. Not getting rewarded though with some good looks on the offensive end. Somehow we cannot create a good shot for him.