[Game] Kings v. Nets - Thursday, March 1 - 7 PT

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
One has to laugh at the gang of old guys on the Kings roster confronting the refs after the Dinwiddie foul at the end of the fourth. View attachment 7367

Also, Shump deserves some credit for coming into a situation midway through the season and joining the legion of old vet nice guys.
I've been keeping an eye out on Shump on the sidelines and he's always up and cheering, he's been a good teammate despite getting no playing time.

It would help a tad if WCS would stop refusing to take open 17 footers, allowing the opposing center to camp in the lane and wait for guys like Fox to arrive.
I was surprised he passed those up. Normally, Willie likes to take the open jumpers when appropriate within the offense (and has been criticized on here for it). The shots were there for the taking, particularly in the 2nd half. He has worked on that shot all season. In fact, he was 3-3 on jumpers outside of 15 feet (an 18 footer and two 19 footers) in the 1st quarter which made it even more surprising.

However, according to Kayte in the post game, Willie's back was acting up after the 1st quarter and he was receiving treatment on it. He is listed as doubtful for tonight because of his back, so there must be something to it. If his back was stiff and giving him problems, it would probably prevent him from shooting his jump shot smoothly. Maybe that's on Joerger for continuing to play him, knowing his back was acting up, or maybe he thought he made enough other contributions to the game.

And here's the thing, if he took and missed those shots because of the back problems, he would be criticized for shooting too much, Tyson Chandler doesn't shoot jump shots, neither should Willie. Now he is being criticized for not taking them. He can't win with some people.

Fun game to watch! Especially considering that it was our young kids that lead the way for us :) ...

Bogie, like I've said in the past, is going to be an extremely special player (unless he already is....). Not only for us as a franchise, but for the NBA as a league. He is going to be one of the most respected and talked about talents in the league for a very long time...

D-Fox.....what can one say about D-Fox!!!! The kid did it!!!! I'd love to watch the kid do the same more consistently, though. He needs to have that same fire in him, that same instinct to go into close games late in the 4th quarter, and take charge of the last possession. And not only take charge. But, if he ends up taking the last shot, make it. Or, if he is the set-up man, put it up there only where the recipient can only get to it.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I was surprised he passed those up. Normally, Willie likes to take the open jumpers when appropriate within the offense (and has been criticized on here for it). The shots were there for the taking, particularly in the 2nd half. He has worked on that shot all season. In fact, he was 3-3 on jumpers outside of 15 feet (an 18 footer and two 19 footers) in the 1st quarter which made it even more surprising.

However, according to Kayte in the post game, Willie's back was acting up after the 1st quarter and he was receiving treatment on it. He is listed as doubtful for tonight because of his back, so there must be something to it. If his back was stiff and giving him problems, it would probably prevent him from shooting his jump shot smoothly. Maybe that's on Joerger for continuing to play him, knowing his back was acting up, or maybe he thought he made enough other contributions to the game.

And here's the thing, if he took and missed those shots because of the back problems, he would be criticized for shooting too much, Tyson Chandler doesn't shoot jump shots, neither should Willie. Now he is being criticized for not taking them. He can't win with some people.
Tell me how it makes sense with a bad back to pass up the open 17 foot jump shots and instead drive into Gobert and others and throw up a hook shot. Makes no sense to me that his back would feel better driving into bodies than it would in open space putting up an easy shot.

Tell me how it makes sense with a bad back to pass up the open 17 foot jump shots and instead drive into Gobert and others and throw up a hook shot. Makes no sense to me that his back would feel better driving into bodies than it would in open space putting up an easy shot.
You tell me, you're the expert. Do you have a bad back? I do. I am sitting here right now in excruciating pain trying to get some relief. I am doing therapy and pain killers, not much relief, may have to have surgery later. But, I can do some things and not bother it while even the simplest of other things kill me.

So who knows what he was feeling. But here is what we do know, he likes to shoot the jumper, he has worked on it an improved it quite a bit. He was 3 for 3 in the first quarter. Then he injured his back. He only makes one more shot attempt (a drive) in the first half. He shoots two more jump shots in the 3rd quarter and misses both. Maybe he knew he just could not put the shot up effectively because of stiffness or whatever.

Joerger kept him in the game. Maybe WCS thought a drive to the basket was his best option. I am not sure of all those drives you are talking about, anyway. I think you see what suits you. He made one driving attempt in the 2nd quarter and missed it. He did make a driving bank shot and a layup as well as getting fouled on another drive (making 1 of 2 FT) in the 3rd quarter for 5 points in the quarter. He also missed an alley-oop in the 3rd. He missed one drive attempt in the 4th, the only attempt he made.

But you're the expert, here. So why do you think he would not shoot the open jump shots? You are going to believe what you want to believe according to your agenda, it's some inherent weakness or just a character flaw in him. You and a couple of others on here focus on every little flaw or error you can find in his game every single chance you get. You never have anything positive to say about him. It seems personal to me. You actively root against him. He is a King's player, you are a Kings fan, but you actively root against him. Don't try and tell me you don't. I see enough of your posts to know that.

Instead of finding something positive about his play, like the 7 assists, like playing through the pain and injury and still being able to contribute, you find something negative to focus on like you always do. Joerger kept him on the floor for some reason, he must have thought he was contributing something.

Right now I don't have much patience for you. Pain makes me short tempered, so I am just going to end it here and be done with you for a while.

First team to play serious defense wins.
The Kings as a team make some really lazy and crummy passes every game. Many lead to baskets. They need to clean that up. Nearly everyone is guilty of it. It looks like high school ball at times. Very disappointing.
Skal is waking up. I am happy to see it. The guards continue to progress.