[Game] Kings v. Grizzlies - Friday, Dec. 21 - 7PT/10ET

What are your thoughts on fouling when we were up 3 and they had no timeouts? I think it would have been a good time to employ that strategy. I feel like we’ve never used that as a tool in all the years in Sacramento!
Ugh don't get me started. I'm the type of person who watches hundreds of basketball games every year, and I think really it's absurd this isn't done more often --- watching a ton of college basketball is really whats converted me hardcore..

The backfire rate on not using the foul is much higher than using it...

It's just, to me, you've fought the whole damn game to position yourselves to take advantage of that very sensible move, why would you balk at it?

It's like an NFL mindset tbh, I like my defense i'ma put them out on the field and see what happens, **** that, sign me up for the path of least resistance pls, craps hard enough, no reason to make things harder by taking unnecessary risks.

A beautiful end to an ugly game. The Kings were launching 3s in the first half without sucess. Their defense was crappy.
This is a big step forward in the maturation process for the Kings. They are learning that on nights when the shots aren't falling, they can stay in games with defense and rebounding. The Kings shot around 38% for the game and got a victory. That is big.

Buddy gave maybe his greatest performance to date. Great on both ends, non-stop motor leading by example.
Fox struggled somewhat on offense. He got 5 steals. Game changers. How can a point guard lead the team in blocks? Fox is super-human. He has known that for a long time. Some of us are just figuring this out. His block on Jackson was all-league.

Shumpert brings defense and attitude every night he can play. His absence is noticeable. People are missing Marvin, me included.

Fox and Buddy are playing at a very high level, doing everything well. Their defense is impressive.
We had no answer for Jackson in the first half.
When the Kings get the kind of defense from the 4 and 5 spots they get from the 1 ands 2, they are going to be in the playoffs.

Yogi's ability to penetrate into the lane tonight was huge, we really need him to do that more so Bogie has fresher legs for spot up shots, I think Bogie might get worn out trying to go Harden/Doncic style off the bench I would like to see him mix it up more with him getting catch and shoot and play a little bit more through Yogi in the 2nd unit.

I never thought anything would top Bjelica's headlock on Afflalo in his top 10 career plays but man the burial of JJJ might have that was some Undertaker mad at Kane type burial.

I loved seeing Nemanja get that dunk back from the rookie! JJJ took his soul in the first half and Bjelica took it back and then some in the 2nd.

Ugh don't get me started. I'm the type of person who watches hundreds of basketball games every year, and I think really it's absurd this isn't done more often --- watching a ton of college basketball is really whats converted me hardcore..

It's just, to me, you've fought the whole damn game to position yourselves to take advantage of that very sensible move, why would you balk at it?

It's like an NFL mindset tbh, I like my defense i'ma put them out on the field and see what happens, **** that, sign me up for the path of least resistance pls, craps hard enough, no reason to make things harder by taking unnecessary risks.
It’s not sporting and eliminates the most exciting play in the big 4 American sports...the buzzer beater. I’m positive it’s unofficially banned at the NBA level, and highly discouraged at the college level.

The problem with -this team- if you do that, you better have killers at the FT line, we don't. If we stop the clock and let them get points and we don't hit out FTs any team can make a come back. I sure wish we were a better FT shooting team.

The problem with -this team- if you do that, you better have killers at the FT line, we don't. If we stop the clock and let them get points and we don't hit out FTs any team can make a come back. I sure wish we were a better FT shooting team.
No offense but I'm not trying to hear this... If we were talking about amateurs , then maybe it's up for discussion. We;re talking about handsomely paid professionals here... If the Kings don't have players who can seal games at the FT line we have much bigger issues here than everyone realizes, luckily thats not the case...

Sometimes a missed FT will end the game in one of these scenarios too, lettuce not forget that.. If the opposing team has no timeouts it's even more unforgivable to let them attempt a 3...

the whole lack of confidence in the FT thing tho, this is the pro's... I'll take De'aaron fox from the stripe with the game on the line everyday of the week.. or how about... get the ball to buddy... to me for the Kings to balk at these opportunites, it's almost liek a concession that we're not confident about getting buddy the ball on an in-bounds, i can't and won't believe that, it's absurd.

I just don't get how it came to a point where this became commonplace, to me it's akin to taking a knee in football, which some refer to as the best play in football.. When teams let this happen to them, let a team down 3 tie it in the last possession it's like the famous miracle in the meadowlands, a greivous error thats wildly necessary.... It happens all the time in basketball though. I don't get how when coaches lose games or leads like this they don't re-think their plan too. this is just one of the ultimate things that doesnt add up, the stats analytics people have to be in agreeance, we will NEVER see a statistic displaying why it's best to let them play it out..

It's one of those "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"............. type of things... that could be displayed spectacularly with before and after pictures....

If your up against CP3 and he's gonna anticipate the contact and start a 3pt shooting motion, this is really the only scenario that'd make me think twice.

No offense but I'm not trying to hear this... If we were talking about amateurs , then maybe it's up for discussion. We;re talking about handsomely paid professionals here... If the Kings don't have players who can seal games at the FT line we have much bigger issues here than everyone realizes, luckily thats not the case...

Sometimes a missed FT will end the game in one of these scenarios too, lettuce not forget that.. If the opposing team has no timeouts it's even more unforgivable to let them attempt a 3...

the whole lack of confidence in the FT thing tho, this is the pro's... I'll take De'aaron fox from the stripe with the game on the line everyday of the week.. or how about... get the ball to buddy... to me for the Kings to balk at these opportunites, it's almost liek a concession that we're not confident about getting buddy the ball on an in-bounds, i can't and won't believe that, it's absurd.

I just don't get how it came to a point where this became commonplace, to me it's akin to taking a knee in football, which some refer to as the best play in football.. When teams let this happen to them, let a team down 3 tie it in the last possession it's like the famous miracle in the meadowlands, a greivous error thats wildly necessary.... It happens all the time in basketball though. I don't get how when coaches lose games or leads like this they don't re-think their plan too. this is just one of the ultimate things that doesnt add up, the stats analytics people have to be in agreeance, we will NEVER see a statistic displaying why it's best to let them play it out..

It's one of those "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"............. type of things... that could be displayed spectacularly with before and after pictures....

If your up against CP3 and he's gonna anticipate the contact and start a 3pt shooting motion, this is really the only scenario that'd make me think twice.
Just one question, do you know what our FT% is compared to the good teams, hell even bad teams? I am not saying they shouldn't be better, i am saying they aren't good. My previous post was not an opinion, it was a statement. It's not up for argument. Our team is good at things, bad at other. Those are facts. Not because they should be better we should cover our eyes.

Btw: we are 3rd worst in the NBA @ 70.5%.

I don't mind celebrating what we do well, but unless we look at what is wrong with our team we will know what could help it.

Michael Singer @msinger
The Clippers have 72 points in the paint. The Nuggets have 48. The story of this game in a nutshell.

If only willie could do something other than try ridiculous putbacks (turnover) or wouldn't let rookies just rip the ball from his hands (turnover).

Sad when fox has to show HIM how to block a shot.

Our biggest need rn is a rebounder/rim protector since willie is neither.