[Game] Kings v. Grizzlies - Friday, Dec. 21 - 7PT/10ET

By the way, thank the Lord our coach didn’t try and get cute tonight, sitting Fox for too long or “resting” guys. We will always have a chance with this squad

If there were any non-believers left in Fox not becoming a superstar...they all just became converted on those last 3 defensive possessions where he SMOTHERED Conley.

That was seriously impressive. Just pure grit and hustle, last 2 minutes of the game and he took it upon himself to go shut down their best player when it mattered most. That defines a franchise player when he can go win a game for you without putting the ball in the hoop.

Buddy is quickly learning that he needs to chuck, chuck and chuck some more. In his last 10 games he only has one game under 8 3pt attempts and is averaging 10 3ptA/game (holy) including tonight during that span.. He's truly developed into one of the games premiere shooters on the level of a Klay Thompson and we might soon see him be an elite scorer if his FTr can rise up. Awesome to see 8 FTA last game and another 5 FTA tonight.

What are your thoughts on fouling when we were up 3 and they had no timeouts? I think it would have been a good time to employ that strategy. I feel like we’ve never used that as a tool in all the years in Sacramento!

What are your thoughts on fouling when we were up 3 and they had no timeouts? I think it would have been a good time to employ that strategy. I feel like we’ve never used that as a tool in all the years in Sacramento!
Depends on the team. Grizzlies are not a strong 3 point team. The Kings also don't rebound well, so you don't want them missing the last free throw and grabbing the rebound. Just play strong defense and don't let them shoot the 3.

Idk .. Memphis is so good in the halfcourt when they have time to think about it. All the open shots they’ve been getting, I’m not sure I’m all for it.

Memphis had to “rush” a bit in those final seconds and they were clearly uncomfortable doing so

too much time was left and it is tricky to do, if there was less than 13 seconds then coach might favor that mov, but no point to do it imo, if they hit a three they hit, what can we do.

13 seconds is just way too much time to do that. They could make two, foul Kings make 1 and next thing you know they've got the ball with 5 or 6 seconds only down 2.

With less than 5 seconds yes I'd do it.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
If there were any non-believers left in Fox not becoming a superstar...they all just became converted on those last 3 defensive possessions where he SMOTHERED Conley.

That was seriously impressive. Just pure grit and hustle, last 2 minutes of the game and he took it upon himself to go shut down their best player when it mattered most. That defines a franchise player when he can go win a game for you without putting the ball in the hoop.

Buddy is quickly learning that he needs to chuck, chuck and chuck some more. In his last 10 games he only has one game under 8 3pt attempts and is averaging 10 3ptA/game (holy) including tonight during that span.. He's truly developed into one of the games premiere shooters on the level of a Klay Thompson and we might soon see him be an elite scorer if his FTr can rise up. Awesome to see 8 FTA last game and another 5 FTA tonight.
And Fox should have gotten a foul call when Gasol put a hip into him when he went around the screen guarding Conley.