[Game] Kings v. Grizzlies - Friday, Dec. 21 - 7PT/10ET

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
First, the "good" news. Both Bogs and Shumpert have been upgraded to "game time decision" on the CBS Sports Injury Report. :) For the Grizz, Noah and Casspi are game time decisions and Brooks and Parsons are both expected to be out until at least Dec. 26/27.

Any doubts I had about how Shumpert fits with this team have been totally removed. Once again, Vlade showed foresight and a vision in bringing him here. If he and Bogs are available tomorrow, I suspect we'll be a much happier group of Kings fans.

I want to see heart, hustle, energy and effort. I want to see DEFENSE and REBOUNDING. I want to see WCS put it all out there on the court. If he wants to channel Rodman, I'd be perfectly happy. Heck, I'd be happy if he channeled Ron Artest at this point. I still have faith in the kid, but it's fading fast. He needs to prove his worth - to his teammates, to us, and TO HIMSELF.

It's a great time to be a Kings fan!

GO KINGS!!

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Memphis isn't a good shooting team so maybe the Kings can hang with them in this one without having to worry about keeping up on the offensive end should Shump & Bogs miss this one too

The Kings are missing Bagley fairly badly as he provides an alternative to Stein. When Bagley is out and Stein isn't playing well, Koufos and Bjelica cannot cover the inadequacies on both sides of the floor. Bagley when having a fair game can make up for a Stein-Special to some extent.

George got 43 points in Shumpert's absence. Shump handled him last game.
I am glad that someone else has taken up the Defense and Rebounding chant. Willie is the wrong place to look for it.

First, the "good" news. Both Bogs and Shumpert have been upgraded to "game time decision" on the CBS Sports Injury Report. :) For the Grizz, Noah and Casspi are game time decisions and Brooks and Parsons are both expected to be out until at least Dec. 26/27.

Any doubts I had about how Shumpert fits with this team have been totally removed. Once again, Vlade showed foresight and a vision in bringing him here. If he and Bogs are available tomorrow, I suspect we'll be a much happier group of Kings fans.

I want to see heart, hustle, energy and effort. I want to see DEFENSE and REBOUNDING. I want to see WCS put it all out there on the court. If he wants to channel Rodman, I'd be perfectly happy. Heck, I'd be happy if he channeled Ron Artest at this point. I still have faith in the kid, but it's fading fast. He needs to prove his worth - to his teammates, to us, and TO HIMSELF.

It's a great time to be a Kings fan!
They
GO KINGS!!
Everyone wants to see better defense. It is the Kings largest bugaboo. Even if it costs more fouling out I wanna see more physicality. One exception however, unfortunately with Bagley out, Stein needs to stay away from foul trouble though.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Jackson killed Bjelica in the past. Bagley is the guy that slowed Jackson down and he's obviously not playing. Maybe Joerger puts WCS on Jackson and Bjelica on Gasol. In any case, the Grizzlies are a disciplined bunch, which means they are going to very precisely and consistently attack the Kings' interior defense. The Grizzlies are not a good 3 point shooting team, which means they have all the more reason to go inside on the Kings. Shump being back is a plus, but the main offense for the Grizzlies (with Conley as the exception) is inside, not on the wing. Maybe Shump can help off of his man to disrupt some of the interior attack of the Grizzlies. It's imperative the Kings defend, get defensive rebounds, and run. If they play at the Grizzlies slow pace it probably won't turn out well.

Any doubts I had about how Shumpert fits with this team have been totally removed. Once again, Vlade showed foresight and a vision in bringing him here.
Just like the last two draft lotteries, in which we defied the odds 90/10 against, Vlade deserves NO credit for Iman Shumpert. That trade was motivated by a desire to unload an overpriced underachiever and free up time for Mason and D-Fox. We were obligated to take Shumpert to make the salaries work. If you think Vlade actively sought the services of player on the injured list whose career was in doubt, I have some swamp land to sell you. :p

We didn't know what we were getting with Shump. And we didn't care. We were happy to unload the 20M to Hill due this year and free up time for our franchise PG. So let's not heap praise upon Vlade when it was unearned. You know I have been defending Vlade's recent moves, and applauded this trade when many were holding out for a 1st round pick. The Cavs were the only team in the league willing to take Hill so we were smart to act when we did. That is partially why we currently have 11M in cap space.

But it is incorrect to say "Vlade showed foresight and vision...." to acquire Shumpert. His performance this year is gravy, an unexpected but welcome occurrence. I am waiting for Vlade to make good use of our cap space before the deadline, to get us Otto for peanuts, then I will give praise when praise is due.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The Hammersons are at the game?!? How'd THEY get tickets to the game!?!?!?
For the first time ever, VF21 is going to give an award in the game thread BEFORE the game even starts, and it's a new award.

The VF21 Best Non-Game Related Comment of the Game Thread award goes to ...

drum roll please...

Capt. Factorial

:)