[Game] Kings @ Spurs - 4/12/13

and to think that this might have been an irrelevant 3-page game thread about an even more irrelevant late season game...pretty amazing actually.

its pretty easy bein the tallest dude on the court most of the time. whoever im guarding i let them shoot a few times so i can study there shot and know how they release it and whats there release routine and i time it, then bam its ova! plus i have a standing reach of 6'9 i think lol

Krunker

Northernmost Kings Fan
im talking about just shooting around in an open gym not in an actual game, of course reke can beat me, but i might have an above average shot in beating him in a jumper contest. not on 1 on 1 ball. since were talking about street ball, im alright. im 6'2 so i average 4 blocks a game just with my iq alone lol. but reke would beat me 1 on 1 but not in a jumper contest
I really hope Tyreke reads this forum and challenges you to a jumper contest.

plus i have a standing reach of 6'9 i think lol
That is probably wrong unless you have incredibly stout arms or are stocky for your 6'2 frame. For reference I remember having measurements like that done years ago and I saw kids less than that height having a standing reach at least 7'6.

If this is Cee Lo Green then I apologize.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I have to remark about this math slaughtering.

450 players are the best .0000065% of the world.
That's 6 millionths of a percent. Not exactly remotely close to 1%, much less 2% of the Earth's population.
I said less than 1%. Less than 1%. I did the math. Didn't feel like typing the real amount. Geeze, you're annoying.

its pretty easy bein the tallest dude on the court most of the time. whoever im guarding i let them shoot a few times so i can study there shot and know how they release it and whats there release routine and i time it, then bam its ova! plus i have a standing reach of 6'9 i think lol
we're all very impressed...

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Breath taking. I've got some bragging to do also but it'll take me a few days to make a list. I assume no one will doubt what I say.

Has there been a worse thread recently? It's become HereWeStayFans.com

That is probably wrong unless you have incredibly stout arms or are stocky for your 6'2 frame. For reference I remember having measurements like that done years ago and I saw kids less than that height having a standing reach at least 7'6.

If this is Cee Lo Green then I apologize.
im pretty sure, ill go get a measuring tape today and see how tall my reach is with arms all the way up, i do have really long arms. i know how to use em. i do hope tyreke challenges me, then maybe that will motivate him more after i beat him. then we make the playoffs!

just measured myself with my arms all the way up. with my arms all the way up my total arm reach is 7'1!!!!! wow. even i didnt know that lol ill post a pic for proof if you dont believe me

Reke has improved his 3pt % from 20% last year to 34% this year. For anyone like Herewestay thinking Reke sucks at shooting, I'd love to see someone find the last player to increase their 3pt shooting % by 14 or more % in a single season while also attempting more 3's than the previous year.

But this conversation is just dumb. I play at a gym where a number of Warriors, St. Marys and Cal players play and see these guys up close. Anyone thinking because they can hit shots unguarded by themselves somehow means they're better shooters than these player is flat out delusional. Doesn't matter which players I've seen up close in this gym as there's no way to prove it but I will say Adonal Foyle used to do his off season workouts regularly in this gym and I'd watch, even rebound for him. Shooting around and doing drills he'd knock down jumper after jumper from all over the court. You'd never know it watching him in an NBA game. But that's the point, these guys are extremely talented even if they aren't shooters at an NBA level. Foyle's handle was better than most high school starting PG's. These guys are just at a different level. And no, Herewestay couldn't even beat Chuck Hayes in a shooting contest let alone Reke. Just don't know how good these guys are until you see them up close when practicing.

Last edited:
Reke has improved his 3pt % from 20% last year to 34% this year. For anyone like Herewestay thinking Reke sucks at shooting, I'd love to see someone find the last player to increase their 3pt shooting % by 14 or more % in a single season while also attempting more 3's than the previous year.
read my post! i didnt say he sucks at three pointers, i said he needs to take more jumpers aka mid range shots! they are not hard to master. he sucks at mid range shots/ not layups.

read my post! i didnt say he sucks at three pointers, i said he needs to take more jumpers aka mid range shots! they are not hard to master. he sucks at mid range shots/ not layups.
All you're doing is showing how little you really know about the NBA level player. But please, don't let me stop you in your pronouncing of yourself as an NBA level H-O-R-S-E shooter, lol.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
im talking about just shooting around in an open gym not in an actual game, of course reke can beat me, but i might have an above average shot in beating him in a jumper contest. not on 1 on 1 ball. since were talking about street ball, im alright. im 6'2 so i average 4 blocks a game just with my iq alone lol. but reke would beat me 1 on 1 but not in a jumper contest
Dude... please...

This is becoming awkward and embarrassing. You are NOT going to convince anyone on this board that you could beat Tyreke Evans in a jumper contest. Any and I mean ANY credibility you may have had with the members of this forum is rapidly dissolving into a pool of nothingness. We have a great group of basketball fans around here, some of whom are actually retired professional players in various sports, others who have coaching background, others who have studied all parts of the game for more years than you've been alive, etc. We are not going to be convinced until/unless you can arrange for an actual head-to-head "jumper contest" with Evans. Do that and we'll talk.

All you're doing is showing how little you really know about the NBA level player. But please, don't let me stop you in your pronouncing of yourself as an NBA level H-O-R-S-E shooter, lol.
all im asking for is for reke to shoot at least 10 mid range shots a game. even if they are contested ones, just shoot it! i swear sometimes he goes gamesss without shooting a mid range shot. or he just shoots three. thats unacceptable for a sg. hes going to injure his acl like kobe did last night by driving and putting to much work on his legs/foot

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I said less than 1%. Less than 1%. I did the math. Didn't feel like typing the real amount. Geeze, you're annoying.
He might be annoying, but in this case he's pretty much right. There is an incredible difference, both in perception and fact, between "less than 1%" and "6 millionths of a percent."

why cant nba players make wide open shots in the game but in practice they can make everything wide open? is it the crowd? scared of being watched? nerves? ect

edit, im going to mckenly park tomorrow at 1 if any of you want to see my mid range shot in practice. if anybody knows reke tell him to meet me there

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
why cant nba players make wide open shots in the game but in practice they can make everything wide open? is it the crowd? scared of being watched? nerves? ect

edit, im going to mckenly park tomorrow at 1 if any of you want to see my mid range shot in practice. if anybody knows reke tell him to meet me there
You do know the Kings are on a ROAD TRIP, right? Reke is gonna be a little busy Sunday as the Kings face the Rockets starting at 4 p.m. our time. Your credibility meter has now officially bottomed out.

You do know the Kings are on a ROAD TRIP, right? Reke is gonna be a little busy Sunday as the Kings face the Rockets starting at 4 p.m. our time. Your credibility meter has now officially bottomed out.
i forgot! i thought we had a home game sunday. maybe we can somehow play after season is over and record it for ck

bajaden

Hall of Famer
just measured myself with my arms all the way up. with my arms all the way up my total arm reach is 7'1!!!!! wow. even i didnt know that lol ill post a pic for proof if you dont believe me
Dude, with all due respect, no one cares! I certainly don't. You do realize that your making a total fool of yourself, right? I'm not sure how old your are, so I thought I would bring that to your attention. There is a word. Credibility! Right now, your losing it by the bucket full. Unless that is, this is your attempt at comedy. If so, then well done!

Dude, with all due respect, no one cares! I certainly don't. You do realize that your making a total fool of yourself, right? I'm not sure how old your are, so I thought I would bring that to your attention. There is a word. Credibility! Right now, your losing it by the bucket full. Unless that is, this is your attempt at comedy. If so, then well done!
dude, all i want is reke to get a jump shot. he holds the team back because teams know he cant shoot. so good teams with smart coaches just play zone on him. maybe that is why reke only plays 20 minutes a night. because he cant shoot mid range