[Game] Kings @ Spurs - 4/12/13

bajaden

Hall of Famer
dude, all i want is reke to get a jump shot. he holds the team back because teams know he cant shoot. so good teams with smart coaches just play zone on him. maybe that is why reke only plays 20 minutes a night. because he cant shoot mid range
There is no one on this fourm thats not aware of Tyreke's struggles with his jumpshot. So your not enlightening us. Now you may have the greatest midrange jumpshot in the world for all I know. But this I do know for a fact. Your not in the NBA and Tyreke is. And if you went one on one with Tyreke, He'd destroy you, lack of midrange shot or not. I played professional baseball, but I would never walk around saying I'm better than anyone. All your doing is creating a straw dog. Something that will never be proved one way or the other. If you want to go head to head with Tyreke, then get your big butt into the NBA and have at it. Until then, I have no interest in hearing how good you are. Talk is cheap!

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
dude, all i want is reke to get a jump shot. he holds the team back because teams know he cant shoot. so good teams with smart coaches just play zone on him. maybe that is why reke only plays 20 minutes a night. because he cant shoot mid range
Evans plays 20 minutes because Smart is an idiot.
As for you, "tis better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

I was a D2 talent, got schooled by the D1 women's players regularly. (Then we went out for drinks, but that's a story for another time.)
Point is there's practice, and there's talent. NBA players have talent in spades, despite what you want to believe. Hitting an unguarded shot means nothing, as we can all do that. Taking a shot when you're thinking about whether it is the right spot in the offense, whether or not rebounders are in position, while a defender is closing in is a different game. Evans has shown that he can do it, but he has to be given the minutes (like any player) to stay in rhythm.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
You do know the Kings are on a ROAD TRIP, right? Reke is gonna be a little busy Sunday as the Kings face the Rockets starting at 4 p.m. our time. Your credibility meter has now officially bottomed out.
He is too busy showing off his shooting ability to know when and where the Kings play.

I agree, I was more intrigued that I influenced someone to actually get out the tape measurer and actually measured themselves.

Since I was bored [COLOR="#blue"]this reference[/COLOR] shows that HWS's standing reach is incredibly below average.
damn those are some long arms!!! i though my standing reach of 7'1 was tall!!! my wingspan is only 6'4 lol but hey, i had 5 blocks today in my pick up game!! atleast i know how to use them!

Glenn

Hall of Famer
What, other than allowing one poster to have a thread as his personal playground, is the point of all this? To answer the above question, I care what happens on this forum and you are making a mockery of the privilege of posting here.

What, other than allowing one poster to have a thread as his personal playground, is the point of all this? To answer the above question, I care what happens on this forum and you are making a mockery of the privilege of posting here.
all im doing is responding to post in this thread , not breaking any rules.

No way Glenn, this thread needs to be stickied. Think of the future - this can be our entertainment for TDOS!

I'm a late arrival on this thread, just now, in fact. This looks like a thread where I can talk about the 400 + or - half court shots I've made at the Sacramento YMCA over the last 15 years. I haven't found anyone who has matched that. Any questions?

I'm a late arrival on this thread, just now, in fact. This looks like a thread where I can talk about the 400 + or - half court shots I've made at the Sacramento YMCA over the last 15 years. I haven't found anyone who has matched that. Any questions?
Yes. Can you give Tyreke Evans half-court shot making tips? He's holding the team back by not taking 15 of those every game.