Kings possible draft picks game

Randle is immoveable on the block. His strength is scary. Obviously the season is barely underway but I'd have him number one on my draft board right now. I think he'll go first when it's all said and done.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Now oddly I am watching this game and thinking 1) Randle is really talented. But 2) he'd probably be a poor fit next to Cousins.
He has the same game as Cuz so I know what you mean. That's why I mentioned that Cauley-Stein would be nice. Not that I would turn down Randle. He may not be ideal next to Cuz but I'd figure something out. :) He seems to be a decent defender but not a shot blocker.

C

Cold

They're triple teaming Randle.

He dribbled away from the triple team and scored anyways. This made me laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Parker is still number one overall in my opinion with Wiggins second and Randle third. However, we most likely won't luck into one of them so I like what I'm seeing from Pothyress as a SF prospect.

Now oddly I am watching this game and thinking 1) Randle is really talented. But 2) he'd probably be a poor fit next to Cousins.
Agreed on fit, but you'd have to be insane to pass on him (barring Parker/Wiggins being better) - having two of the best big men in the league would be huge. You'd need outside shooters, defenders and distributors in the backcourt (McLemore already filling shooting + possibly defender in the future), but you could make it work. Just pound it inside and wear teams down.

Completely hypothetic question - if we drafted Randle, would you trade Cuz for Anthony Davis? Wouldn't happen for a number of reasons, but a Davis/Randolph pairing would be beastly on both sides of the floor.

Yes, I'm aware that NOP wouldn't do that, but for the sake of argument...

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Agreed on fit, but you'd have to be insane to pass on him (barring Parker/Wiggins being better) - having two of the best big men in the league would be huge. You'd need outside shooters, defenders and distributors in the backcourt (McLemore already filling shooting + possibly defender in the future), but you could make it work. Just pound it inside and wear teams down.
The thing about Randle too is that he'd probably be easy to trade for a ridiculously lucrative package if he and Cuz are an absolute mess together.

C

Cold

Completely hypothetic question - if we drafted Randle, would you trade Cuz for Anthony Davis? Wouldn't happen for a number of reasons, but a Davis/Randolph pairing would be beastly on both sides of the floor.

New Orleans might not even trade Davis for Lebron.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Would rather trade Randle for Davis since both are natural fours and Demarcus a five although this may be the least likely hypothetical trade ever.

Glenn

Hall of Famer

I probably would. It's an ideal pairing of Randle and Davis. Both can play offense and Davis is spectacular on defense. There wouldn't be enough rebounds to go around.

Randle had 27/13 with a boatload of TOs. I wouldn't pay much attention to the TOs in the beginning of his freshman year. It's the rest of it that is eye popping.

Wiggins and Parker are better? This I have to see.

And I will. :p

C

Cold

Randle and Davis together? I can't think of a scarier 4/5 tandem in the nba (fit, age, upside all considered).

Idk about that he can be in the high post and we wouldn't be out rebounded again. Randle has that IT factor (not Isaiah) he is really competitive and put the team on his back

C

Cold

A bad game here probably won't hurt Parker's stock becuz he's been on watch for half a decade and people are familiar with how he plays.

Wiggins is the one with more to prove tonight IMO, especially going up against Parker. Come draft day people will bring up this head to head.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing. Both Cousins and Randle have unique perimeter skills for guys that size. There's a chance you have something really special there if they play well off each other, but it could also be a mess of both guys getting in each other's way. The main problem is that Randle looks like a guy who'll want a lot of touches. Defensively I thought Randle looked pretty good one-on-one in the post (though he's got a size advantage at this level) but he's going to need a lot of coaching to get up to speed on rotations. That's true of most high school prospects though.

I may be the only person saying this but the guy I'm most interested in watching tonight is Joel Embiid
I'm really interested to see him too. He's a center, so probably not ideal next to Cuz, but certainly has the right type of game to fit well next to him. Wonder if he'll get many minutes tonight, though. I'm off to bed, will watch this one in the morning.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
You know, if his temmates keep completely ignoring him its possible we may be able to get Wiggins in the second round. Be a blind pick though since he's completely uninvolved.