[Game] Kings @ Pistons - Saturday, Nov. 4 - 4 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So...last game of this road trip. Facing a team that's second in the East, with a 6-3 record. Sounds kind of dismal, doesn't it?

I knew things weren't going to be pretty but I'd forgotten how hard it can be to watch a team just starting to find its identity. There are little things every night to take hope from, but it's hard to find them sometimes. It's easier to forget that this is what we asked for and find someone (ANYONE) at which to point the finger of blame.

All things considered, I am not depressed. I am, however, not a patient person so this part is tough. I could never bake a souffle, for example, because I kept opening the over to see if it was done yet. Watching the Kings right now is a lot like that.

I'm trying something new for this game. I'm going to focus on just one player. See if I can honestly assess his strengths and weaknesses in my own mind without injecting emotion or hope into the equation. Not sure how it will turn out, but I'm hoping it makes it a little easier to watch.

It's still a good time to be a Kings fan - maybe not for what we're seeing right now but for the knowledge that it's gonna get better at some point.

#GoKings!

gunks

Hall of Famer
Drummond is gonna get a bajillion rebounds.

We will probably lose.

Like every game this year, all I care about is at least one of the kids having a good game. Although even that seems like too much to ask lately!

#prayforayton

So...last game of this road trip. Facing a team that's second in the East, with a 6-3 record. Sounds kind of dismal, doesn't it?

I knew things weren't going to be pretty but I'd forgotten how hard it can be to watch a team just starting to find its identity. There are little things every night to take hope from, but it's hard to find them sometimes. It's easier to forget that this is what we asked for and find someone (ANYONE) at which to point the finger of blame.

All things considered, I am not depressed. I am, however, not a patient person so this part is tough. I could never bake a souffle, for example, because I kept opening the over to see if it was done yet. Watching the Kings right now is a lot like that.

I'm trying something new for this game. I'm going to focus on just one player. See if I can honestly assess his strengths and weaknesses in my own mind without injecting emotion or hope into the equation. Not sure how it will turn out, but I'm hoping it makes it a little easier to watch.

It's still a good time to be a Kings fan - maybe not for what we're seeing right now but for the knowledge that it's gonna get better at some point.

#GoKings!
Which player are you going to focus on today?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Hill has been "out" for much of the year; it's no big loss. In the last game, he gave up a drive to a Boston player for a layup; Hill pats his own head when the guy blows past him; the Celtic misses the basket and while Hill is patting his own head the Celtic gets a layup by getting his own rebound. Unbelievable. And that is done by a veteran??!! What a role model.:rolleyes: If Hill would have done that on the SA Spurs team he wouldn't have been able to find his A$$ to sit down after Pop got through with him.

Hill's absence means more time for Fox and Bogs, which is ok by me. Jackson, Detroit's point guard, is certainly not an elite defender and if Fox has seen some film of him he should know he can get around him anytime he wants. (If Lonzo Ball can drive against Jackson all day long, Fox can relatively walk to the basket against him). Joerger needs to unleash Fox to run every time he gets the ball. Of course, all of this assumes the Kings can get a rebound, and therefore all of the foregoing may be moot.

Buddy Hield should realize what his role is on offense - moving without the ball and shooting the ball, not trying to put on a dribble exhibition.

WCS should realize what his role is - doing the most he can in the "dirty work" area and sprinting up the floor on every possession. If the Kings ever do get a rebound, WCS could leave Drummond in his wake if he would exert himself.

Skal - no fadeway jumpers please. Just take the open shot or take it strongly and quickly to the hoop.

Hill has been "out" for much of the year; it's no big loss. In the last game, he gave up a drive to a Boston player for a layup; Hill pats his own head when the guy blows past him; the Celtic misses the basket and while Hill is patting his own head the Celtic gets a layup by getting his own rebound. Unbelievable. And that is done by a veteran??!! What a role model.:rolleyes: If Hill would have done that on the SA Spurs team he wouldn't have been able to find his A$$ to sit down after Pop got through with him.

Hill's absence means more time for Fox and Bogs, which is ok by me. Jackson, Detroit's point guard, is certainly not an elite defender and if Fox has seen some film of him he should know he can get around him anytime he wants. (If Lonzo Ball can drive against Jackson all day long, Fox can relatively walk to the basket against him). Joerger needs to unleash Fox to run every time he gets the ball. Of course, all of this assumes the Kings can get a rebound, and therefore all of the foregoing may be moot.

Buddy Hield should realize what his role is on offense - moving without the ball and shooting the ball, not trying to put on a dribble exhibition.

WCS should realize what his role is - doing the most he can in the "dirty work" area and sprinting up the floor on every possession. If the Kings ever do get a rebound, WCS could leave Drummond in his wake if he would exert himself.

Skal - no fadeway jumpers please. Just take the open shot or take it strongly and quickly to the hoop.
I'm thinking Jackson will be on the 2 guard. There is this other guy on the Pistons......Avery Bradley who can check Fox. Otherwise I agree with everything you wrote:) Go Kings!

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I'm thinking Jackson will be on the 2 guard. There is this other guy on the Pistons......Avery Bradley who can check Fox. Otherwise I agree with everything you wrote:) Go Kings!
You may be right. I noticed in the Laker-Detroit game they had Jackson on Ball, so I'm going with that matchup, but their coach could do what you say. I know one thing: Buddy is going to like it if they put Bradley on Fox.:)

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Pistons being 6-3 somehow is not what I expected, they aren't as good as their record indicates. That said, Drummond is going to bully Trill in the paint with boards and dunks.

Only this team starts like this....

Stupid Randolph turnover, than Temple does it... what other team has these turnovers and lack of urgency to start?