Kings/GS Vegas Summer League

Douby is just not a PG.. At best he should get some backup SG minutes but with Martin here he wont get much. I can't see the Kings keeping him after this year.

Douby can't lead a break to save his life.

Shelden once again doing WAY too much FAR outside his skill level and making it look ugly.

Douby is a very poor passer - in fact he never passes! He sees the court poorly - in fact he doesn't see the court at all, only the rim. He just had Spencer wide open under the hoop and drove into a nowhere double team turning it over. Horrible, just horrible!

Douby is just not a PG.. At best he should get some backup SG minutes but with Martin here he wont get much. I can't see the Kings keeping him after this year.
Well Singletary hasnt proven much so far.. So douby better get backup pg and backup sg minutes.. hes instant offense and a good lengthy defender... His ball handling is better then alot say and his passing isnt as bad as people are saying.

Well Singletary hasnt proven much so far.. So douby better get backup pg and backup sg minutes.. hes instant offense and a good lengthy defender... His ball handling is better then alot say and his passing isnt as bad as people are saying.
What I bolded I agree with since this is his make or break year. But if I see Douby in at PG I think I just might throw up.

Singletary is a better point guard than Douby... Douby is a better scorer, but if I needed a guy to handle the point then I would take Singletary every time. It sucks because Singletary has not had a good game yet. In college he was a monster.

Again Shelden almost turns it over.. I am a big fan of Williams ever since Duke days, but damn.. I don't think he's going to be here next year. Douby either.

Singletary is a better point guard than Douby... Douby is a better scorer, but if I needed a guy to handle the point then I would take Singletary every time. It sucks because Singletary has not had a good game yet. In college he was a monster.

Again Shelden almost turns it over.. I am a big fan of Williams ever since Duke days, but damn.. I don't think he's going to be here next year. Douby either.
We have great passing big men in Hawes,JT and Miller so Douby at PG is not as big a deal as people are making it out to be. Give him time in a structured system and his passing IQ can improve anyways.

We have great passing big men in Hawes,JT and Miller so Douby at PG is not as big a deal as people are making it out to be. Give him time in a structured system and his passing IQ can improve anyways.
We need a PG if we want to win games.. We all know what happened when we had Douby/Greene last season to start the year. It was horrible watching our offense.

His passing IQ hasn't improved so far. Some players are just one dimensional. I don't mind that he is one of those players. I just want this PG experiment to stop and for him to improve his scoring game and to just work on his basic passing/decision making skills. Also when you don't have anyone on the floor that can penetrate and make plays for others it makes things pretty hard on your offense. We can't keep playing C's at the 1 forever.

His passing IQ hasn't improved so far. Some players are just one dimensional. I don't mind that he is one of those players. I just want this PG experiment to stop and for him to improve his scoring game and to just work on his basic passing/decision making skills. Also when you don't have anyone on the floor that can penetrate and make plays for others it makes things pretty hard on your offense. We can't keep playing C's at the 1 forever.
Ageed I dont think they should try an make him a true passing PG.. but there is such things as scoring PGs.. I agree all he needs to work on is basic passing and descsion making and he can be played at the 1 ,i dont see why not? especially off the bench itll change up the pace with beno being more of a playmaker then douby.

Ageed I dont think they should try an make him a true passing PG.. but there is such things as scoring PGs.. I agree all he needs to work on is basic passing and descsion making and he can be played at the 1 ,i dont see why not? especially off the bench itll change up the pace with beno being more of a playmaker then douby.
Those are called combo guards. Bobby Jackson, Monta Ellis, Leandro Barbosa ect ect... They can play SOME PG though.. Douby cannot. You are still classifying him as a PG. He's not a PG. He's a SG. The sooner people realize and start putting him as Martin's backup then I think everyone can move on and work on their game.

I would much rather see us with Singletary backing up Beno and Douby backing up Martin. I don't see why we should ever have to nor want to have Douby at the 1. With Ron on his way out I am hoping Salmons will be the starting 3 with Garcia backing him up. So with a playmaker like Singletary penetrating he can have 2 shooters on the wings for open shots.

Those are called combo guards. Bobby Jackson, Monta Ellis, Leandro Barbosa ect ect... They can play SOME PG though.. Douby cannot. You are still classifying him as a PG. He's not a PG. He's a SG. The sooner people realize and start putting him as Martin's backup then I think everyone can move on and work on their game.
Well Garcia/Salmons can handle the ball if its that big of a deal. I just want too see Douby get alot of minutes for us because his scoring punch could really help the team.

Well Garcia/Salmons can handle the ball if its that big of a deal. I just want too see Douby get alot of minutes for us because his scoring punch could really help the team.
Backing up Martin he might not see many minutes. He's not a good enough ball handler to handle the backup PG duties. I can see him used in specialty situations though as long as he can consistently hit in the regular season which he hasn't shown he can yet.