Kings @ Grizzlies Game Thread 4/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just has a SCARY and SAD thought. What if the powers that be do nothing this summer. I know that we are going to get a lottery pick, but what if nothing else changes? What if Muss is still on the bench SCREAMING at the players incessantly? What if the players change, but they tune him out before the season even starts. Even worse, the players stay the same and everything repeats again?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall of the locker room. I'm willing to bet the half-time speech will be one for the ages. I hope Bibby and co. can keep from laughing out loud.
I just laughed out loud picturing the looks on their faces during his speech. I wonder if they make faces at him or each other when he is looking at his powerpoint and not at them.

I just has a SCARY and SAD thought. What if the powers that be do nothing this summer. I know that we are going to get a lottery pick, but what if nothing else changes? What if Muss is still on the bench SCREAMING at the players incessantly? What if the players change, but they tune him out before the season even starts. Even worse, the players stay the same and everything repeats again?
i can't even wrap my brain around how something like that would be allowed to happen.

someone will have to keep me away from sharp objects.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Don't torture yourself over that -- that nightmare has already been lived by me for the last few years. But this time...this time it just has to be too much. Stuff will hcanvge. No matter whether it was Maloof meddling and stubbornness, Petrie conservatism and sitonhisassism, delusion, apathy, whatever, this year has been too ugly for stuff not to change.

My only concern this time is that the powers that be might be so desperate to save face, to be stubborn, that they will try to do the minimal change, the tweak, rather than the full fledged start over.

I'm thinking that maybe Muss is screaming because he finally read the writing on the wall.

When you're screaming and your team's up 39-15, it's not like you're stressing over the play.

Atleast there is a bright spot in Williams. I like his enthusiasm after his dunks. It looks like he loves playing, hopefully he progresses.

Quick question, when do you expect the Musselman Meltdown to start? Shoot, the Kings found a way to lose after leading by 17 to Cleveland in Arco this year only to lose by 15. A 32 point swing. That is bad coaching in my book.

God hope the Kings don't blow a 24 point lead from the first quarter. I think that could be the final nail in the coffin in Musselman's stay in Sacramento.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
i like justin and brad on the floor at the same time. has that not happened much?
Justin hasn't played much at all and I have to suspect if Corliss were available, you wouldn't be seeing Brad and Justin together.

It figures - we're down to only 8 men and by process of elimination there's finally a couple of combinations that actually work.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Or maybe we just played the worst team in the league.

On the bright side: just about every one of our lotto rivals won too...So although we didnt gain a game (which would have been VERY nice) we didnt really lose ground either...Except I think to NY who's probably gonna lose.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Or maybe we just played the worst team in the league.

On the bright side: just about every one of our lotto rivals won too...So although we didnt gain a game (which would have been VERY nice) we didnt really lose ground either...Except I think to NY who's probably gonna lose.

That is exactly why we should have lost it. Without beating Jazz and Grizzlies we would be only one win ahead of the Hawks for the 4th spot

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Another useless woss.

We won 2 out of thelasr 3 games - maybe Mus is turning things around and just in time. Idiot
I can't feel too badly about this game. It was the Grizzlies, after all. We only suited up 8 guys and, considering how poorly Brad and Mike have been playing recently, who could have thought they'd both step up and play like their old selves???

piksi

Hall of Famer
I can't feel too badly about this game. It was the Grizzlies, after all. We only suited up 8 guys and, considering how poorly Brad and Mike have been playing recently, who could have thought they'd both step up and play like their old selves???

You can even lose to those pathetic Grizzlies. All Muss had to do is rest the "hot hand."

gunks

Hall of Famer
That is exactly why we should have lost it. Without beating Jazz and Grizzlies we would be only one win ahead of the Hawks for the 4th spot
Yes, but think of what you're asking of the Kings. Losing against the Grizzlies is about as difficult as winning against the Mavs.

Status
Not open for further replies.