Kings @ Dallas Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
PixelPusher said:
I don't get cable. Could you guys let me know what the TNT studio guys say during halftime?
They said were dead and the window is closed. They said we have given up and we are rebuilding now. WTH do they know anyway?

To be fair to Peja, camera showed him at random times, none of which was after we made a really spectaculer play. Plus, I don't want him jumping around if he has a sore hamstring (plus he might spill something on his expenisve suit :) ).

So far I am impressed, they are hanging in there. What has went on and doing this for 3 qtrs. I think we are seeing our real leader on the floor right now.

Insomniacal Fan said:
lol, just saw the nba league pass commercial, where Brad Miller is the customer service guy with the head-set. "That means you can be a Kings fan in Philly and not miss a game"

Wonder who he's on the phone with? :)
That was hillarious!!:p

KP said:
They said were dead and the window is closed. They said we have given up and we are rebuilding now. WTH do they know anyway?
rebuilding my BUTT.

a team like atlanta, new orleans, GS, or any other cellar dweller would love to have our starting 5.

we still have former all stars ( not to mention one who got snubbed this year) in their primes.

alright nice D there

PixelPusher said:
I don't get cable. Could you guys let me know what the TNT studio guys say during halftime?
Well, what Kenny Smith said was legitimate enough. He said that by trading Webb, the Kings were achieving the opposite effect that the Pistons did last year when they traded for Sheed. When they traded for Rasheed, the feeling was "hey! We have a chance to really push for a trophy!," which energized the team. By giving up Webb, Smith says that the front office is essentially saying "we're done for now. We've run the course. We're rebuilding now." He says that doing so really disheartens the players, which I don't argue with at all.

We'll ignore what Charles said. Agreed?

Wait, they didn't call a flagrant foul? First the no call on the shot clock violation and now this. Let's hope we don't see an obvious goaltending with no call with the game on the line.

OMG :eek: so the refs finally blew a whistle in the Kings favor !!! (i'm refering to that jumpball)

We are giving up too many layups and easy shots inside the paint, it's killing me
However, we are still doing a tremendous job

piksi

Hall of Famer
If You are a Kings fan - You have to be proud of the team tonight.

BTW all players on the bench look worried/sad/serious. Pedja, Bobby etc.

Evenstar said:
rebuilding my BUTT.

a team like atlanta, new orleans, GS, or any other cellar dweller would love to have our starting 5.

we still have former all stars ( not to mention one who got snubbed this year) in their primes.

alright nice D there
Well, the term rebuilding shouldn't suggest that a team is going to be bad. It's just that it's become associated with mediocrity because most teams that go into rebuilding mode don't manage themselves right, which leads to that mediocrity. The Kings are definitely rebuilding at this point. As was said earlier in the broadcast, only 3 players from the '02 WCF remain (Bibby, Peja, Bobby). They are rebuilding their core. But with Geoff Petrie running the show, I don't EXPECT this team to see a giant nose-dive anytime soon. Notice that I said "expect." I can't say with any certainty what the future holds and how this team will handle it when that future comes.

ReinadelosReys said:
Who the heck is neptune? And why?
I posted once that Darius goes mostly unnoticed but the things he does make a big difference. Compared to the way the planet Neptune was discovered based on it's gravitional effect on the other planets.

Status
Not open for further replies.