Kings @ Dallas Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BullKing said:
Come on guys, we are not going to win this one....honestly, we are too short handed, We are getting owned on the boards, and if mobley keeps on forcing shots i'll pull my hair out
What kind of Kings fan are you? WE are only down 3 at half.

If you think we are tired, we are getting a good 20 minute break.

Not bad for some guys who are short-handed. Don' give up just yet. They are still 100% in this game.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I haven't seen him smile. I've pretty much seen him just staring off into space. I think the main thing is he doesn't yet realize that he, as one of the few remaining veterans on the team, is going to be looked to for encouragment, etc. Peja is going to have to step up and help fill the gap. I'm not saying he's not doing it intentionally. I'm just saying someone needs to tell him his role has changed forever. He has to be more involved, even when he's behind the bench in street clothes.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Okay - VF21 the MODERATOR here.

The silly stuff about who's the better Kings fan, what kind of fan one person or another is, etc. stops right now.

VF21 said:
I haven't seen him smile. I've pretty much seen him just staring off into space. I think the main thing is he doesn't yet realize that he, as one of the few remaining veterans on the team, is going to be looked to for encouragment, etc. Peja is going to have to step up and help fill the gap. I'm not saying he's not doing it intentionally. I'm just saying someone needs to tell him his role has changed forever. He has to be more involved, even when he's behind the bench in street clothes.
Maybe he is just now realizing what you're saying he needs to realize...

VF21 said:
Okay, I'm very sorry I mentioned it. We do NOT need to start dumping on Peja right now. He is part of our team and we need him. My point was that someone needs to tell him he has to be involved and animated. He can't just sit there like a stone. He has to show he's part of the guys out on the court, for them AND for him.

Please, we've had enough diversity and anger around here to last a lifetime. Let's not start it all over again. Please????
Not too many of the guys look animated. I am sure he is unhappy to see Webb gone on a personal level.

Not bad for some guys who are short-handed
oh definitely our guys are doing great, i just can't see us pulling it out with mavs hot 3pt shooting, and them owning us on the boards...

It's ok though, let the Mavs get their regular season wins, we will once again beat them in the playoffs.....have i mentioned how much i hate the Mavs...i can't explain where the hate is coming from....eh, blame it on finley

Solid first half. I like that Daniels is taking shots from Dirk, I just don't like that he is making them.

On the stripped down Kings team, I'm one of the biggest CWebb homers on the planet, but as I said in the trade thread, this team has too much talent to just fall apart without CWebb. It's not like the Lakers losing Kobe. In fact, I'd wager that had the Kings spent the entire year without CWebb, Bibby probably would have had much better all-star type numbers, and probably Miller as well. If Peja gets healthy and starts competing again, Kings should be fine the rest of the regular season. Not sure about the playoffs.

VF21 said:
and the question is, does Peja have it in him? Does he have it in him to want a championship so badly he can't sleep at night? Will he ever figure out that he is part of the team even when he's injured? I don't know, but for the future of this team I sure hope so. We need him now more than ever.

love_them_kings said:
and the question is, does Peja have it in him? Does he have it in him to want a championship so badly he can't sleep at night? Will he ever figure out that he is part of the team even when he's injured? I don't know, but for the future of this team I sure hope so. We need him now more than ever.
Good post^

P

PejaStojakovic

Its really wierd to see this team playin without Chris ,Vlade,Doug.

But they look good tonite.

Everyone is just playin smart and hard! And what i like the best, they r RUNNING! and moving the ball!

lol, just saw the nba league pass commercial, where Brad Miller is the customer service guy with the head-set. "That means you can be a Kings fan in Philly and not miss a game"

Wonder who he's on the phone with? :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
love_them_kings said:
That's what SOMEONE has to make sure he knows. He has to realize that the team needs to know they have the support of everyone, even the guys who are injured. It's all about morale and heart right now. Peja isn't really animated a lot of the time but someone has to point out to him that, for the good of the team, he has to start forcing himself to be more involved from behind the bench.

Just my three cents, of course....

I want peja to be as aggressive as he was during the 2002 WC finals...i just saw the rerun of game 7 on NBATV today, and boy Peja played really agressive i liked what i saw. I brought back so many memories

Status
Not open for further replies.