Votes: 14 26.4%
  • The Kings become world class defenders

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • We won on 32% shooting

Votes: 35 66.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although the Kings lost, they played a hard fought game.

I am wondering why Udoka played so many minutes. He shot 2 airballs in a row and he needs to stop shooting the 3's.

Well, at least were playing well again. That's 5 straight good games from our team. Can't ask for much more than that at this point.

My only complaint is that Greene and Casspi need to play more. They just have too.

When Udoka was in San Antonio they thought he could be another Bruce Bowen type with strong D and that short corner 3 game. It did not work out quite that way.

I was just thinking tonight how many Kings are rejects, castoffs or just lucky us coming over from teams in the Lone Star State. Beno, Udoka, Donte, Landry, Dorsey and even Westphal who was last on the Dallas staff before arriving in Sac.

I enjoyed this game, but we're a young, rebuilding team. We need to give minutes to our young, promising players. Playing Noc extensive minutes and keeping Donte out so long was a bad call tonight. Donte also is the only guy on this team who had a prayer of defending Dirk. How can we expect Donte to play more consistently if he can't see consistent minutes? What happens when JT returns? Do we just send him back to Reno where he might actually get playing time?
i agree PW is taking away there confidence, they feel they can't make mistakes (i'm talking about Donte and Omri).

Although the Kings lost, they played a hard fought game.

I am wondering why Udoka played so many minutes. He shot 2 airballs in a row and he needs to stop shooting the 3's.
Didnt have a chance to see the game, but just saw the box score and was wondering the same thing...along with why Hawes only played 19 minutes if he had 9 rebounds in that short amount of time, and why Donte didnt hardly play, and why the heck Dorsey was DNP-CD??

Didnt have a chance to see the game, but just saw the box score and was wondering the same thing...along with why Hawes only played 19 minutes if he had 9 rebounds in that short amount of time, and why Donte didnt hardly play, and why the heck Dorsey was DNP-CD??
Was at the game tonight. Was a lot of fun. We played hard, just couldn't pull it out. But in response to your question, the Mavs were dealing with injuries and had to go small. Spencer wasn't good enough to try to force them to adjust to us, so we had to adjust to them.

I was just thinking tonight how many Kings are rejects, castoffs or just lucky us coming over from teams in the Lone Star State. Beno, Udoka, Donte, Landry, Dorsey and even Westphal who was last on the Dallas staff before arriving in Sac.
Rejects or not, the good news is we are rebuilding with a set of poor man's version of Star Players in the NBA. After the rebuild is done, at least we can proudly say Petrie's finished product will surely win a poor man's version of the NBA championship. And everyone of us hopeless homers will be very happy!:p

We already have:

Dorsey - poor man's version of Ben Wallace or Dwight Howard
Hawes - poor man's version of Vlade Divac or Brad Miller
Landry - I would say poor man's version of Al Jefferson
Thompson - maybe a poor man's version of Webber?:D
Greene - poor man's version of Lamar Odom
Udoka - poor man's version of Bruce Bowen

I hope Evans continues to develop as Evans the great player and not just another poor man's version ( of Dwane Wade ), or worse another over-dribbling Salmons. Otherwise, we're really gonna be set with winning the NBDL Championship in a few years. :eek:

Last edited:
i agree PW is taking away there confidence, they feel they can't make mistakes (i'm talking about Donte and Omri).
I agree with Westphal on this. Omri needs to control his energy and Donte needs to control his brain in order that can even come close to playing consistently well. Omri is closest but I don't think he has enough gas to go a full game with energy. Donte, I'm afraid, is a long way off.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Rejects or not, the good news is we are rebuilding with a set of poor man's version of Star Players in the NBA. After the rebuild is done, at least we can proudly say Petrie's finished product will surely win a poor man's version of the NBA championship. And everyone of us hopeless homers will be very happy!:p

We already have:

Dorsey - poor man's version of Ben Wallace or Dwight Howard
Hawes - poor man's version of Vlade Divac or Brad Miller
Landry - I would say poor man's version of Al Jefferson
Thompson - maybe a poor man's version of Webber?:D
Greene - poor man's version of Lamar Odom
Udoka - poor man's version of Bruce Bowen

I hope Evans continues to develop as Evans the great player and not just another poor man's version ( of Dwane Wade ), or worse another over-dribbling Salmons. Otherwise, we're really gonna be set with winning the NBDL Championship in a few years. :eek:
I wouldn't even say poor man's version I would say displaced third world country version

Status
Not open for further replies.