Kings close to signing Mozgov?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, a lot of downers on this site man!
It really is depressing. Whenever someone tries to look at the brighter side of things, they get shot down in a matter of seconds. I understand its a forum and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but there is no happy medium here. There are those who are upset/angry and those that have a positive outlook.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
I don't see why questioning moves makes you a downer. Tell me why questioning the FO automatically makes you a negative Nancy. Some of us are built for analysis, and we like to see the plan unfold. Maybe our limiting factor is that we only see two chess moves ahead. I think the analysis has been fairly accurate, and it can be scary. It's not really about a specific player, but it's an overall picture. There ARE holes, and it isn't pretty yet, but that doesn't mean it can't improve. The FO is learning, and they didn't get a chance to use training wheels, so we just have to hope they learn quickly. Just because we question doesn't mean we don't believe they can't learn.

Others just don't care for the analysis and want to wait for the final product. If that's you, that's fine. Enjoy the ride, and wait for the season to start. Cheer the new guys, cheer those that are still here.

We're all here because we care for the Kings, and we'll all get there in the fall. This isn't "you're either with us, or against us." That's dumb.

Last edited:
I don't see why questioning moves makes you a downer. Tell me why questioning the FO automatically makes you a negative Nancy. Some of us are built for analysis, and we like to see the plan unfold. Maybe our limiting factor is that we only see two chess moves ahead. I think the analysis has been fairly accurate, and it can be scary. It's not really about a specific player, but it's an overall picture. There ARE holes, and it isn't pretty yet, but that doesn't mean it can't improve. The FO is learning, and they didn't get a chance to use training wheels, so we just have to hope they learn quickly. Just because we question doesn't mean we don't believe they can't learn.

Others just don't care for the analysis and want to wait for the final product. If that's you, that's fine. Drink the kool-aid, enjoy, and wait for the season to start. Cheer the new guys, cheer those that are still here.

We're all here because we care for the Kings, and we'll all get there in the fall. This isn't "you're either with us, or against us." That's dumb.
I never said people can't question the front office, I myself questioned the Landry move. I was referring to those that seem to have personal grudges against certain moves made and cannot seem to let go and every topic that has been started since said move (Tyreke, for example) has included a debate about that move. I understand a lot of people are upset, but I never made it out to be "with us or against us." I think it would do well to let wounds heal and not have the same conversations over and over again, but it can be hard to let go of "what might have been." You'll never see me disgracing fellow Kings fans. It's a difficult time right now because we don't know whats going on or what other moves may be ahead. Like you said, the FO is learning, and I think in some ways we as the fans have to learn as well. We are as new to the FO as they are to us. It's a learning process for both.

Last edited:

Others just don't care for the analysis and want to wait for the final product. If that's you, that's fine. Drink the kool-aid, enjoy, and wait for the season to start. Cheer the new guys, cheer those that are still here.

Whoah. In the midst of all this talk of negativity, a triple negative was born. My hat is off to you, sir.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
I get that, and I won't speak for others, but the problem with the move is likely that there's just so much time and so little to talk about. Landry move-meh. Nice guy, duplicitous skill. Mbah A Moute - again, nice guy, good defense. That's all there really is to say on those two, which is why not much is being said.

The first shoe to drop was a big, big shoe. It's big. It'll be THE big move until who knows when. There's just too much space to fill wrt to time. That is why people will still talk about it until the season starts. I can almost guarantee that it will stop once the season starts because there will be much more to talk about. Rotations, matchups, standings, etc. Will there be mention about a lack of an elite penetrator? Maybe. We don't know what the team will look like, nor do we know if that's the year two plan. Seems like year one is to surround Cousins with character guys.

I suppose there is nothing that can be done about it, not that I personally am asking for anything to be done with it. It comes with different viewpoints, which is fine and I completely respect that. It's when viewpoints are tried to be forced on others when things begin to get aggravating. Tyreke is gone and no amount of bickering and anger at the FO can change that. It was their call. It really should be the end of the story right there. The only thing left is to see what else the FO has planned. I think it's pretty clear there are at least 2 more moves that can be made before next summer (one to clear up the frontcourt mess, which will be intensified if we somehow land Oden), and one to net us a starting SF. Granted, this can all be accomplished in one move if need be. My viewpoint on all this is relatively laid back until the season starts. I am waiting until all the cards are on the table.

It really is depressing. Whenever someone tries to look at the brighter side of things, they get shot down in a matter of seconds. I understand its a forum and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but there is no happy medium here. There are those who are upset/angry and those that have a positive outlook.
Where though? Where has someone who's simply chosen to be positive (and not put down those that are more critical) been shot down? I haven't seen it, and if you could point it out to me I'd be thankful. What I have seen is people attacking the ones who have been more critical, calling them not real fans, saying they are ungrateful to Vivek, saying that there's no way they would know basketball better than a GM, saying they are whiners, cry babies etc. "Did you accidentally shrink your underwear a couple weks ago and haven't had time to buy new ones?"

Yet your takeaway from all this is that the optimistic people are getting "shot down"? Like you said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The way I see it the more critical ones are simply posting their opinions and it obviously rains on the more postive ones' parades, and in turn they start shooting the critics down.

Back to the topic though - I'd be fine with him if we're not paying too much.

It seems that if you are positive about anything on this forum right now there are certain people that will post some non-important stat or argue until the cows come home. I am happy with the moves so far. A couple have been questionable but in the grand scheme of things I think it will become more clear with time. As for this move, sure, why not.. I would rather have Aldrich though.

As ESPN.com reported Monday, Oden is scheduled to have face-to-face meetings this week with the Sacramento Kings and Mavs in addition to the Pelicans. Sources say that the Kings, though, are long-shot contenders when it comes to actually signing Oden and are thus planning a hard push for free-agent center Timofey Mozgov if rebuffed by Oden
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/61505/sources-pelicans-getting-look-from-oden

So it looks like we wait for Oden to decide, then we push for Mozgov?

I wonder if we will amnesty Salmons today to make room for a Oden, Mozgov push?
and if we do what do we do for SF Depth?

As ESPN.com reported Monday, Oden is scheduled to have face-to-face meetings this week with the Sacramento Kings and Mavs in addition to the Pelicans. Sources say that the Kings, though, are long-shot contenders when it comes to actually signing Oden and are thus planning a hard push for free-agent center Timofey Mozgov if rebuffed by Oden
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/61505/sources-pelicans-getting-look-from-oden

James Johnson. DUH. :p

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

A "hard push for Mozgov". :p

Think about that for a moment. Who do you have to be to have to make a hard push for Timofey Mozgov?

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
this... its like PDA seems to want to compleatly chance to team just so he can say its his.
Except that some pieces and draft picks look awfully similar to players already on the team. Especially the complementary pieces.

Iguodala would have been similar to Evans, McCallum is similar to IT in his style of play, going after Mozgov when the easy move was to retain a similar Aldrich, Landry with Hayes already on board...
It's not exact, of course, but they seem like very similar players.

In terms of different style, I will at least give him credit for Mbah A Moute, (Vasquez too, in terms of difference in style) and I'm not at all sold on McLemore; it looks like we'll be in the lottery one more year, which probably isn't a bad thing...except for the whole "trying to keep Cousins" thing.

On the surface, it just seems like someone who really didn't do homework on his own roster. I'd hope that isn't the case, but some of the moves seem that way.

Last edited:
Except that some pieces and draft picks look awfully similar to players already on the team. Especially the complementary pieces.

Iguodala would have been similar to Evans, McCallum is similar to IT in his style of play, going after Mozgov when the easy move was to retain a similar Aldrich, Landry with Hayes already on board...
It's not exact, of course, but they seem like very similar players.

In terms of different style, I will at least give him credit for Mbah A Moute, (Vasquez too, in terms of difference in style) and I'm not at all sold on McLemore; it looks like we'll be in the lottery one more year, which probably isn't a bad thing...except for the whole "trying to keep Cousins" thing.

On the surface, it just seems like someone who really didn't do homework on his own roster. I'd hope that isn't the case, but some of the moves seem that way.
Exactly how i think :)

Status
Not open for further replies.