Kings @ Clippers Game Thread, 2/20, 7:30p.m. PST

You grade the trades!

• A: Awesome! The Kings couldn't have done any better!

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • B: Good trade, but maybe we could have landed a pick or something.

Votes: 57 64.0%
  • C: It just had to be done. Let's move on.

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • D: We got what for Martin?! This better work out.

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • F: What kind of cr** is this?!

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i blame westphal.

We have no offensive sets whatsoever.
We have no plays ran for any players. Its all Iso.
Erratic, stupid subtitution patterns.
He never call timeouts on momentum changing plays.

Hes just not a good coach.
We need a coach that actually knows how to run a team.

Im so sick of westphal.
The offense has struggled for god knows what reason. The spacing is horrible and there is absolutely no ball movement. Did everyone forget how to set a screen?

However, I don't think it's Westphal's fault completely. The Kings were averaging 108 points or something like that late last year and it CAN work.

A part of me thinks that the team has maybe stopped buying into his coaching plan, or have just lost confidence in the plays being set up and called.

The sooner they integrate Landry into the system the better. He struggled out there without Adeleman's offensive scheme.

I'm hoping that some familiarity with the other guys will help the offense flow a little bit better, but at this point I don't know what else to think.

Red Auerbach couldn't have helped us tonight.
i'll continue with my last post;

changing the starting lineup every game
screwing with players morale
no defensive schemes at all
no charcter on the sideline.. i rarely see him up and actually leading this team

why the **** would he start landry? hes never even practiced with us?
this coach is deperate.. thats why

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
i'll continue with my last post;

changing the starting lineup every game
screwing with players morale
no defensive schemes at all
no charcter on the sideline.. i rarely see him up and actually leading this team

why the **** would he start landry? hes never even practiced with us?
this coach is deperate.. thats why
Kenny Natt stood up all the time. Does that make him a good coach? Survey says no.

Why not start Landry? Its not like JT and Hawes are sooooo much better than him.

The grass is always greener on the other side.

Wadda 7 foot pile of crap! He needs to get stronger because he gets dunked on by 6 ft guards with ease.
its not spencers fault. he was playing good for a bunch of games then westfail decided to jerk him around for a cuple games for no reason at all. and spence lost his flow.

this coach is coaching this team like a damn video game.

i blame westphal.

We have no offensive sets whatsoever.
We have no plays ran for any players. Its all Iso.
Erratic, stupid subtitution patterns.
He never call timeouts on momentum changing plays.

Hes just not a good coach.
We need a coach that actually knows how to run a team.

Im so sick of westphal.
i agree!
the defance, that's the main problem, looks so bad that i would say to the players i wanna see people bleeding, unless you are on the bench.
in the seconed quarter he left Casspi on the bench and let him play for 2 minutes, and it was after it was allready like 10 or 15 to the clippers, why?
he was one of the only two good players tonight.
Green had a bad night, but he should'nt freeze him on the bench for so long, i mean this is one of our best players, he is taking out all of his confidence, because now he knows that if he misses one he won't play, i wanna remind you that the guy is a soph and a talented one, we don't have many of this on this team.

its not spencers fault. he was playing good for a bunch of games then westfail decided to jerk him around for a cuple games for no reason at all. and spence lost his flow.

You need to relax. Westphal is hardly the problem. If you understood the game, you would know that.

spence had 3 blocks off the bench.. i wouldnt say he was the problem tonight..

the problem tonight was poor production by some players... we didnt effin do a good job on rebounding.. people take too much shots with nary a rebounder inside.

obviously jt at the 5 failed... bring back spence, and jt and have landry come off the bench.. this is no time to experiment on lineups you have to build a winning mentality before people start hating each other

Kenny Natt stood up all the time. Does that make him a good coach? Survey says no.

Why not start Landry? Its not like JT and Hawes are sooooo much better than him.

The grass is always greener on the other side.

It dosent matter if JT and Hawes are better then carl. You dont start a guy thats never played with this damn team or even practiced with them.

but now that i think of it, we have no sets for carl to learn so it dosent matter that we threw him into the starting lineup.

he did the same thing with martin. You need to work players into the rotation. but rotation dosent matter on this team cuz there is no rotation. Its all just random **** every night.

Its not spencers fault that he plays like a 5 year old female? Yeah...clearly our only problem the last 5 years has been the coach. :rolleyes: Just quit while you're behind.

it dosent matter if jt and hawes are better then carl. You dont start a guy thats never played with this damn team or even practiced with them.

But now that i think of it, we have no sets for carl to learn so it dosent matter that we threw him into the starting lineup.
you act like thats the reason we lost.

You need to relax. Westphal is hardly the problem. If you understood the game, you would know that.
lol ok buddy, watch the friggan game and you will see that all we run is Iso plays every time. its obvious to everyone watching and especially obvious to the team defending us.

Coach has had more then enough time to implement some kind of offense this year and he hasnt.

lol ok buddy, watch the friggan game and you will see that all we run is Iso plays every time. its obvious to everyone watching and especially obvious to the team defending us.

Coach has had more then enough time to implement some kind of offense this year and he hasnt.
I did watch the game and your statement about ISOs couldn't be further from the truth. Are there ISOs, yes. Every play the entire game or even 50%, no.

Um, yeah.. Westphal is the last thing wrong with this team. He's a great coach... even though I would like to see some more offensive schemes. However, that's not the reason we lost tonight or most nights. The reason(s) is/are that we are young, inexperienced, growing, molding, maturing and inconsistent. Not to mention that tonight's game was the first after a huge team shakeup and the team looked lethargic from the beginning. So, calm down people. Game 1 of the future was ugly... but keep in mind the big picture, please.

I did watch the game and your statement about ISOs couldn't be further from the truth. Are there ISOs, yes. Every play the entire game or even 50%, no.
ok stevie wonder

all it is is isos. theres no screens, no cuts, no motion, hardly any ball movement. Players stand around and have no idea what to do on offense.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
ok stevie wonder

all it is is isos. theres no screens, no cuts, no motion, hardly any ball movement. Players stand around and have no idea what to do on offense.

Ever considerd the possibility that 2 days after a big series of trades where we turned over 25% of the roster, and while integrating two new pieces into the starting linuep, that maybe just maybe we'd be trying to simplify things until everybody gets up to speed?

just a thought: :cool:
casspi played 32 minutes- while he was on court, kings were up 2 pts.
on the 16 mins. he was benched- kings were 12 points down..
i say- play omri! :)

spence had 3 blocks off the bench.. i wouldnt say he was the problem tonight..

the problem tonight was poor production by some players... we didnt effin do a good job on rebounding.. people take too much shots with nary a rebounder inside.

obviously jt at the 5 failed... bring back spence, and jt and have landry come off the bench.. this is no time to experiment on lineups you have to build a winning mentality before people start hating each other
His problem was he got absolutely crushed by the caveman. Chris Kaman killed us tonight, and Spencer and JT put up absolutely no resistance.

ever considerd the possibility that 2 days after a big series of trades where we turned over 25% of the roster, and while integrating two new pieces into the starting linuep, that maybe just maybe we'd be trying to simplify things until everybody gets up to speed?
+1...

Status
Not open for further replies.