Kings @ Clippers Game Thread, 2/20, 7:30p.m. PST

You grade the trades!

• A: Awesome! The Kings couldn't have done any better!

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • B: Good trade, but maybe we could have landed a pick or something.

Votes: 57 64.0%
  • C: It just had to be done. Let's move on.

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • D: We got what for Martin?! This better work out.

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • F: What kind of cr** is this?!

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever considerd the possibility that 2 days after a big series of trades where we turned over 25% of the roster, and while integrating two new pieces into the starting linuep, that maybe just maybe we'd be trying to simplify things until everybody gets up to speed?
Why Try and be logical? People dont want to hear well thought out posts like this. You should know better brick. :rolleyes:

Im disappointed in you.

kaman is a legit threat down low... now the coaching staff needs to focus on this matter...

with all due respect to coachie.

if you know that the bigs are not strong enough to hold down the fort

i think its time they spend a couple more hours with daniel shapiro to pump some iron yes?

I'm surprised how much blame is going around here. We inserted two players into the starting lineup for the first time, and one had never played with us before. Jt moved over to the 5. Everyone has to get used to playing without Kevin again, and getting more shots. Point being, there are a number of reasons we didn't play well tonight.

Was it ugly? Yes. But its one game, and not that surprising. I don't mind starting Landry at the 4. I would prefer Westphal started Spencer at the 5, and brought JT off the bench. It will get better, and probably as soon as tomorrow night. But its way too early to start passing blame IMO. Give these guys a few weeks to at least get somewhat familiar with eachother. Tyreke and Omri really haven't played with Cisco. Landry hadn't even practiced.

kaman is a legit threat down low... now the coaching staff needs to focus on this matter...

with all due respect to coachie.

if you know that the bigs are not strong enough to hold down the fort

i think its time they spend a couple more hours with daniel shapiro to pump some iron yes?
Lifting weights is not the only issue and im not sure why people talk about it like it's the end all be all. The fact of the matter is..our frontcourt isn't going to grow 4 inches by tomorrow.

THAT is our main weakness. We are too small, and we dont have enough athleticism/length in our frontcourt. And when we do play our ONLY 7 footer, he plays like he's 6 foot 4.

Let's put it this way. Spence is 7-1 and Kaman is a also 7 footer (7-0). Now, while Spence is 1 inch taller, he only got 1 rebound while Kaman had 16 rebounds.

16 to 1.
rebounding is all about desire and going for the ball. hawes just doesn't seem to care and put a little extra effort and jump to get the ball. brockman is like 4 inches shorter than hawes yet he's a better rebounder because he always wants to get the ball and get extra possessions on offense. hawes really needs to mature

I was at the game, and both teams were turning it over so much I wondered if it was lack of opportunity that lead to one rebound. So I went back to the play-by-play, this is every missed Clippers shot and who got the rebound:

1st - 2:44 Jason Thompson
2:23 Omri Casspi
0:35 Omri Casspi
0:04 Jason Thompson

2nd - 11:25 Carl Landry
10:38 Eric Gordon
6:09 Chris Kaman (off own miss)
3:41 Chris Kaman
3:10 Chris Kaman

3rd - 4:28 Spencer's one rebound!
2:46 Donte
2:11 Tyreke
0:59 Omri Casspi
0:36 Mardy Collins

4th - 11:36 Andres Nocioni
10:18 Los Angeles Team Rebound
10:03 Eric Gordon
8:53 Andres Nocioni
8:23 Steve Blake

So 1/19 on the defensive end and 0 for something on the offensive end. We also only got 12/19 for a rebounding rate of 63% when he was in, so he was not boxing out effectively either. The only Clippers rebound that's forgivable was Steve Blake's, because that was right after he blocked DeAndre Jordan.

I'm surprised how much blame is going around here. We inserted two players into the starting lineup for the first time, and one had never played with us before. Jt moved over to the 5. Everyone has to get used to playing without Kevin again, and getting more shots. Point being, there are a number of reasons we didn't play well tonight.

Was it ugly? Yes. But its one game, and not that surprising. I don't mind starting Landry at the 4. I would prefer Westphal started Spencer at the 5, and brought JT off the bench. It will get better, and probably as soon as tomorrow night. But its way too early to start passing blame IMO. Give these guys a few weeks to at least get somewhat familiar with eachother. Tyreke and Omri really haven't played with Cisco. Landry hadn't even practiced.
im actually not surprised about all the blaming considering it happened when martin came back after his injury. if we win, great. if we dont, it seems like most people here have to blame someone. the dont take into consideration things like big changes in the lineup, developing chemistry. they want instant gratification or theyre gonna blame someone...anyone. martin was an easy target, now that hes gone. the next logical person to blame is either the coach, or the player that sucked that game. which is what im seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.