Kings active in trade talks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard the name Meeks, and I know I've seen him play, but without looking him up I couldn't tell you what position he played, what he looked like or what. Is he a facilitator?:p
Jodie Meeks was a former Kentucky Wildcats player. He was recruited by Tubby Smith and I believe he also played in 1 or both of Billy Gillespie's seasons. He showed some flashes of being a very good player in his freshman and sophomore Seasons before he got hurt and missed quite a bit of time. His last season either his junior or senior year, (I cannot remember if he was a 3 or 4 year player), he became an explosive scorer. He is famously known among us Wildcat fans for his game against Tennessee on their home floor when he exploded to break the UK single game scoring record by dropping over 50 on a good Tennessee squad. I was worried about his pro potential because of that early injury and the fact that he came on suddenly in one season. I am not as familiar with his pro career. However, unlike Thornton he is not a streaky shooter, at least he wasn't that much in college. His stroke was always there but his defense might be even worse than Thorntons, if that is humanly possible. He has the physical tools to defend but is just a little under sized for his position.

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
CLE Sports Source ‏@CLESportsSource1h
Reported Trade: Cavs get Gasol, Lakers get Bynum & player from 3rd team (probably Kings). 3rd team receives draft pick from LAL.

Retweeted by Dave Lack (Fireplug)
If true, that pick is a second rounder - the Lakers have already traded their 2015 first-rounder (conditional). Goodbye Jimmer?

However, we are down to 13 players without Hamady. If we trade a player for a pick we'd be below the roster minimum. I think we'd have to sign somebody.

If true, that pick is a second rounder - the Lakers have already traded their 2015 first-rounder (conditional). Goodbye Jimmer?

However, we are down to 13 players without Hamady. If we trade a player for a pick we'd be below the roster minimum. I think we'd have to sign somebody.

CLE Sports Source ‏@CLESportsSource1m
Talks between #Cavs and #Lakers are ongoing. Getting third team to commit is now believed to be the issue. (via @CavsAllForOne )

The earlier tweet was an hour old. Who knows?

CLE Sports Source ‏@CLESportsSource1h
Reported Trade: Cavs get Gasol, Lakers get Bynum & player from 3rd team (probably Kings). 3rd team receives draft pick from LAL.

Retweeted by Dave Lack (Fireplug)
Seems salary wise if the Gasol and Bynum salaries need to match, this puts MT, JT, Landry or Derrick Williams in the range if the 3rd team is Sac. If a team is willing to give up a 1st rounder, we may see DWill moved....I doubt Landry is moved and MT would be a 2nd round pick type....not sure on JT

MT then....I'd trade him for a 2nd rounder in a heartbeat to rid of the contract

S

SacKings2002NBAChampions

Well, it's def not a first round pick from the Lakers. They still have a chance to get the #1 pick at the end of the season and could possibly finish behind us since their star player is out and if Gasol is traded, they're definitely looking to tank and have a replacement for Kobe who will be ready to shine a few years...
I wouldn't mind a first round pick from Cleveland even if they make the playoffs.

Jodie Meeks was a former Kentucky Wildcats player. He was recruited by Tubby Smith and I believe he also played in 1 or both of Billy Gillespie's seasons. He showed some flashes of being a very good player in his freshman and sophomore Seasons before he got hurt and missed quite a bit of time. His last season either his junior or senior year, (I cannot remember if he was a 3 or 4 year player), he became an explosive scorer. He is famously known among us Wildcat fans for his game against Tennessee on their home floor when he exploded to break the UK single game scoring record by dropping over 50 on a good Tennessee squad. I was worried about his pro potential because of that early injury and the fact that he came on suddenly in one season. I am not as familiar with his pro career. However, unlike Thornton he is not a streaky shooter, at least he wasn't that much in college. His stroke was always there but his defense might be even worse than Thorntons, if that is humanly possible. He has the physical tools to defend but is just a little under sized for his position.
Ugh, I remember that UK-UT game.

Meeks has been pretty streaky in his pro career. He doesn't have these lasting funks like what MT is going through, but he will go games shooting 1 for 9 and 0 for 5 at times.

I remember Jodie Meeks being terrible for the Lakers last year when I sort of watched them in the playoffs. I don't want him on the team.
He is what he is.. A bit of an undersized SG with a decent shot and who can play some defense. If he was a couple inches taller and about 20lbs heavier then he would be the SG we were looking for. Unless of course that extra height and weight didn't make him any better defensively.

Woj suggests we have been very proactive in pursuing Miller and that Denver wants to move him in next 48 hours. We'll see. I don't mind getting another backup pg but Miller is a pretty bad defender and has some attitude issues. Depends on what we send back.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I think the lakers have to find a big from somewhere. They would only have hill kaman and scare. Plush gasol for Bynum doesn't work straight up. Another 1 or 2 5-8 million dollar players have to be included

Here is a question for my fellow Kings fans? Ignore the salaries as they will need a bit of balancing but would you do the following deal?

IT for John Henson?

As good as IT has been, I probably would. Now we obviously would need to get another PG or two before doing this trade but I think it makes us better in the long run. There are some PG out there that are available for trade and some in FA next year plus a couple in the draft. A shotblocker that fits next to Cousins in a much tougher fit to find.

Thought Kings fans?

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Here is a question for my fellow Kings fans? Ignore the salaries as they will need a bit of balancing but would you do the following deal?

IT for John Henson?

As good as IT has been, I probably would. Now we obviously would need to get another PG or two before doing this trade but I think it makes us better in the long run. There are some PG out there that are available for trade and some in FA next year plus a couple in the draft. A shotblocker that fits next to Cousins in a much tougher fit to find.

Thought Kings fans?
Hell yes. Of course. It's fine. I like it. I'd do it. Why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.