George Hill is mad. (Twitter)

Put me in the "meh" category. Worse case scenario, he had a Twitter fit after a rough game. That's a bit unusual since he doesn't have much of a presence on Twitter, but whatever, he immaturely expressed himself and hopefully he, Joerger and the rest of the team can figure things out.

Better scenario is he was angry about how the game unfolded and his role in it.

Best case scenario, it was a tweet about something else completely.

Regarding Joerger, he's short with many of the reporters, not just Kayte. Common among most coaches who often have a mix of arrogance and impatience with the Post-game conference requirements. Plus, he isn't being paid to fart rainbows up there.

Pop has earned the right to do whatever the heck he wants.

Joerger doesn't even belong in the same sentence as him. Win some titles, win 50 games in a row for 20 years straight, then be a tool to the media.

On the original point, Koz has called out Joerger for his attitude, so it certainly isn't just you that noticed

My wife noticed it because she loves kayte and wondered if she was imagining it. After paying attention to his post game press conferences yeah, he's going well beyond the boredom you see from most coaches. He laughs at a lot of her normal questions. He ignores them. He has been hostile to her quite a few times. It wouldn't be so glaring if kayte wasn't such a nice person. She's not playing gotcha. She's asking simple questions. I would love to hear off the record what Koz and Kayte really think, especially if Koz has voiced his displeasure on air already.

joegers attitude at press conferences have made me uncomfortable for a while now. Especially when Kayte asks him a question. Does he just not like her? On more than one occasion he has come across as a straight up prick. I know the press can ask some stupid questions but I have made a point to listen closely now and I haven't heard one. Maybe something happened behind the scenes that we're not aware of.
People are people. We all have quirks and minor defects of character. You have to take these little things that bother you with grain of salt. For every finger you point, there will be three pointing back at you.

My wife noticed it because she loves kayte and wondered if she was imagining it. After paying attention to his post game press conferences yeah, he's going well beyond the boredom you see from most coaches. He laughs at a lot of her normal questions. He ignores them. He has been hostile to her quite a few times. It wouldn't be so glaring if kayte wasn't such a nice person. She's not playing gotcha. She's asking simple questions. I would love to hear off the record what Koz and Kayte really think, especially if Koz has voiced his displeasure on air already.
Imagine if it were NY or Boston media, Kings media is controlled by the team anyway and probably as friendly as they come yet hes still short and belittling with them.

The situation with Hill is strange, but so typical of what happens in Sac.

Hill has a stellar reputation in the league prior to joining the Kings.
Once he joins the Kings, he’s cursed. Can’t play anymore, no desire, and no aggression in his play.

Going to be very difficult to trade that 20 mil.

The other thing... What’s up with Joerger and his post game attitude/arrogance. Not the most likeable guy.
Most fans and most press seem to like him. A few on this board don't. I happen to like both (Koz and Joerger... Kayte too to a somewhat lesser degree).

Last edited:
Imagine if it were NY or Boston media, Kings media is controlled by the team anyway and probably as friendly as they come yet hes still short and belittling with them.
Look at the beating New York Giants head coach Ben McAdoo took from the NY media. He got ravaged from the press and the play by play personalities. They destroyed him on twitter. The NY media does this to all their sports franchises. The press here in sac is extremely docile.

Don't start nothing won't be nothing coach!!!
I've noticed it too and Joerger better not think he can diss the homegirl Kayte and everything will be all good.

Could you clarify what you're talking about?
Sure I can go thru a couple examples of people being accused of pitchforking too early but ultimately being right, although I'm sure you have been around for all of these.

Early Pitchforks on George Karl being a bad hire and not a good mix with Cuz (The Snake in the grass subtweet by cuz that people were saying might be about something else:rolleyes:). Calling for his firing early into his stint as it was clear as day that the relationship and locker room were toxic. Many on here believed it could work but ultimately the pitchforkers were right.

Jumping off of the PDA hiring right at the very dumb Carl Landry early in his stint when enthusiasm was at an all time high. Pitchforks right in his first season were starting to appear and were correct.

Theres plenty more, where early pitchfork folks were told that there stands were ridiculous but I'm pretty sure over the course of the last 12 years most have been right on the money.

In fact its starting to look more and more like the early pitchforks( since the bad JT/Stauskas/1st pick trade) for Vlade are becoming validated as well, with an expanded list of poor trades and draft busts to go along with bad free agent signings and a mismatched roster that is a head scratcher for todays game.

Questioning Joerger based on his 1.5 seasons here is no longer ridiculous in my opinion. If we are not good enough to win why are we featuring ZBO/GT/KK/VC?? Why are we running an ill-fitting system for the young guys to play in?, this is a system tailor-made for KK and ZBOo_O. Why does Fox play 20 mins a night while Lonzo plays 30+? Why are two first rounders in the D-league when this season is lost anyway? These are all legitimate questions that he should/could thoughtfully answer instead of being short with Kayte. Is he just afraid of backlash from the Vets? Does he not have control of his team?

If we were going to lose and develop young guys, why mislead ZBO G. Hill into thinking they would get real playing time here?

The whole situation is a mess and it starts with Vlade but Joerger has not helped the situation one bit. Pitchforkers might be onto something with this situation too.

Hey can somebody link this supposed dis of Kayte, because it sounds like a bunch of crap to me. I know Dave can be kind of terse especially if he's being asked (by anybody) to defend his rotations. He said last year that he's not gonna do that so this wouldn't be some new or personal attack on Kayte.

It will bug me a little if there are really bad feelings between Kayte and Dave - I'm not believing it right now.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
and here I thought Hill is a professional who would keep his displeasure in doors, rather than twitter. I'd like to assume he knew what kind of situation he was getting into when signing here, Vlade should of made it very clear and Hill signed off for money reasons obviously.

Not only do I dislike Cash Hill for taking the money and having a down season, but now I have to dislike him off the floor for not recognizing and being accountable for his own situation

Fox/Mason are better on the floor. Buddy needs to play. The only reason Hill starts is due to that contract and trade value concerns

Dec 15 can’t come fast enough. He’s a bad chapter

....yes?

I don't even listen to the post-game interviews, but that's how it works in the NBA. No would've tolerated Kobe or Jordan if they were bench players and not the legends they are.

I don't listen to the post game interviews and I don't particularly care about his attitude in them, but I am curious about the context here of what you've noticing. What's getting him so annoyed, can you guys tell?

I have to agree with you. I do watch and listen to most of the post game press after the game. On NBA league pass. Joerger has this condescending/arrogance about him. He is suffering from PSD, Phil Jackson disease(without the winning pedigree). He does not come across as the most likable guy. Which, is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. But, I can certainly understand if someone wants to punch him in the face for being a douche.

The emoji's that Hill Posted are pouting faces, not angry pouting, scroll over them and look. Still bugs me about him but so far everyone in the media and in social media has gotten this part wrong. Pouting could just mean exactly that, I am pouting I played like crap and was benched. Or it could mean GET ME out of Town

The other thing... What’s up with Joerger and his post game attitude/arrogance. Not the most likeable guy.
How about because Joerger does not like to lose? He had just watched his team throw the game away in the first few minutes of the first quarter. Coach had to come unglued and replace the starting five to motivate his team. He was so hot he got a T and had to be restrained:) And it worked, the Kings came back and almost won against a team that crushed them at home a few nights ago.

You wondering why Coach is a little salty in the post game interview? What is this, a contest for most likely to be everyone's friend? Kayte of all people knows what the game is like and how emotions play an integral role. Coach got mad and stayed mad for a while. Those emotions are real and take a while to cool down.

Questioning Joerger based on his 1.5 seasons here

why are we featuring ZBO/GT/KK/VC?? o play in?

Why does Fox play 20 mins a night while Lonzo plays 30+?

Why are two first rounders in the D-league when this season is lost anyway?

being short with Kayte.

The whole situation is a mess and it starts with Vlade but Joerger has not helped the situation one bit.
Lets analyze some of your points line by line:)

Joerger has been here one full season and 23 games into the 2nd season. There are 19 games to go before your 1.5 seasons remark.

Even Kayte in the Kings/Bucks post game said the young players can learn a lot from ZBo. (I went back and watched the post game show:)

Because Fox is being developed in a minutes earned system. Lonzo is being gifted the starting role. Magic traded away a PG who would have started over Lonzo.

The G-league is where you send young players to get lots of minutes and work on their game.

Coach was still salty from coaching a losing effort. He watched the team throw the game away in the first few minutes. He willed the team to play better with an extreme display of emotion. What is this the NBA or chorus of kumbaya?

The Kings are rebuilding, what did you think it was going to look like?

and here I thought Hill is a professional who would keep his displeasure in doors, rather than twitter. I'd like to assume he knew what kind of situation he was getting into when signing here, Vlade should of made it very clear and Hill signed off for money reasons obviously.
We can't assume what was said behind closed doors. I don't trust Vlade that much. I don't think anyone should here. Not defending Hill's horrendous play. But, Vlade offered him 20 mil and who know what else was said verbally.

How about because Joerger does not like to lose? He had just watched his team throw the game away in the first few minutes of the first quarter. Coach had to come unglued and replace the starting five to motivate his team. He was so hot he got a T and had to be restrained:) And it worked, the Kings came back and almost won against a team that crushed them at home a few nights ago.

You wondering why Coach is a little salty in the post game interview? What is this, a contest for most likely to be everyone's friend? Kayte of all people knows what the game is like and how emotions play an integral role. Coach got mad and stayed mad for a while. Those emotions are real and take a while to cool down.
We'll he better get used to losing and for a while. Whether, he signed up for a rebuilding project of not, is not important. He's paid to coach. I will judge him on that before any post game attitude. So far, the verdict is out if he is the right coach for this team. We'll know by the end of next season.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hey can somebody link this supposed dis of Kayte, because it sounds like a bunch of crap to me. I know Dave can be kind of terse especially if he's being asked (by anybody) to defend his rotations. He said last year that he's not gonna do that so this wouldn't be some new or personal attack on Kayte.

It will bug me a little if there are really bad feelings between Kayte and Dave - I'm not believing it right now.
I have it on good authority there are NO bad feelings between Kayte and Dave. In fact, what I've heard is that Joerger really respects Kayte and wants to treat her exactly the same as any other reporter.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I can't see Hill being the type to post something related to being unhappy about the team on twitter of all places. If so though, it might be the first crack in the platoon boat. They don't stay afloat for very long.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I have it on good authority there are NO bad feelings between Kayte and Dave. In fact, what I've heard is that Joerger really respects Kayte and wants to treat her exactly the same as any other reporter.
Was there really any doubt? People are going to see what they want to see and then those with an axe to grind are going to run with it....not only in this situation but in most situations....it's just the way fans work.

I don't see many post game interviews with NBA coaches but the ones by the NFL coaches?........the NFL coaches are salty as hell. And I would agree with many that Joerger post game is not the most jovial coach.....who cares? I remember when the Maloofs dumped Rick Adelman, in part it was said, they wanted a coach who was better with the media and public. IIRC, that didnt work out well.

Lets analyze some of your points line by line:)

Joerger has been here one full season and 23 games into the 2nd season. There are 19 games to go before your 1.5 seasons remark.

Even Kayte in the Kings/Bucks post game said the young players can learn a lot from ZBo. (I went back and watched the post game show:)

Because Fox is being developed in a minutes earned system. Lonzo is being gifted the starting role. Magic traded away a PG who would have started over Lonzo.

The G-league is where you send young players to get lots of minutes and work on their game.

Coach was still salty from coaching a losing effort. He watched the team throw the game away in the first few minutes. He willed the team to play better with an extreme display of emotion. What is this the NBA or chorus of kumbaya?

The Kings are rebuilding, what did you think it was going to look like?

Sure lets analyze,

Apologies for not getting the exact number of games coached by Joerger correct, I can message you the exact percent if you like, but it does not change my opinion of what he has done so far, I feel fine extending my opinion for 19 more games.

Minutes earned system? Please explain how George Hills minutes have been "earned". Justin Jackson had his best game before being sent down, where are his earned minutes. The system is a "Joerger afraid to bench the vets" system (when the season is on its way to being lost anyway).

The Lakers spent a hard earned 1st round pick on Lonzo and want to give him every second out there to succeed, like bad teams are suppose to do(and they do not even have an incentive to tank). And the Lakers traded away someone who was not apart of their future, not like the Kings where they signed a bunch of guys who have nothing to do with the future.

What are they learning from ZBO iso ball? How to lazily set a screen to ensure you get the ball back and do your 1 on 1 thing? I don't really care about whats said I'm going based on what I see him do on the court, all he does is get his and clog the lanes for our guards.

When your a bad team you use your NBA team to develop young talent.

Coach is salty whenever you even hint at questioning one of his bad moves, even with legitimate questions, its not just limited to losses.

I went into detail on what I think a rebuilding team should look like, you can find the post around here somewhere, the main premise was a young team should not be near the bottom in pace, running an outdated half court high post offense when our best young prospect is one of the fastest guys in the league and we finally have shooters. We drafted for speed and shooting but run a slow offense?

Oh and it should not be featuring G. Hill ZBO GT and KK at all.

Not only do I dislike Cash Hill for taking the money and having a down season, but now I have to dislike him off the floor for not recognizing and being accountable for his own situation

Fox/Mason are better on the floor. Buddy needs to play. The only reason Hill starts is due to that contract and trade value concerns

Dec 15 can’t come fast enough. He’s a bad chapter
His contract albatross is the worst per year in Kings history.

He's one injury away from being Dirty Laundry 2.0