[Game] Game Thread: Kings vs. Nuggets 1/25

The Kings should hold open tryouts in the Sacramento area for a SF. We could sign a few guys for the bargain price of 400k a piece (league minimum). I bet we could find someone better than what we have. Hell, i bet i could shoot the ball better than salmons.

It takes skill to be down 20+ at halftime consistently. The feeling of confidence that your team will win and beat another team.. I have not had that feeling in YEARS. I would not even want to be coach of this team. I would not be able to watch sucking of this magnitude night in and night out. Will we even win another game this year?

I think it's unfair to blame Salmons for being a sh***y player, because he's just a crappy cog in a very big crappy machine. Our whole team is a disgrace to the game of basketball, from the coaching staff to the players to the ownership. They all suck in their own ways

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I think it's unfair to blame Salmons for being a sh***y player, because he's just a crappy cog in a very big crappy machine. Our whole team is a disgrace to the game of basketball, from the coaching staff to the players to the ownership. They all suck in their own ways
Uhhh no. John Salmons is just crappy.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I'm afraid I have to nominate Smart for an assist in this mess. We had early minutes and spots of performances out of Reke, Jimmer, Cousins, Donte, and spots from both Thomposn and Hickson. Result? We constantly trot out as many of Thomas, Salmons, Outlaw, and Cisco as we can in the second quarter. Meanwhile Jimmer is cooled, Tyreke is gassed after playing the first 18 minutes straight, and we are smallballing. That's not how its done.

It takes skill to be down 20+ at halftime consistently. The feeling of confidence that your team will win and beat another team.. I have not had that feeling in YEARS. I would not even want to be coach of this team. I would not be able to watch sucking of this magnitude night in and night out. Will we even win another game this year?
No. That's about as likely as me losing consciousness right now and hitting my head on the keyboarmk;sdgsgj sph;inksfioggvffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I'd actually say the roster he's assembled could be considered by some to be a fireable offense, given the cap space and intended public goals.
I think it tells you what Smart thinks of the guys on the bench. Looking at it that way, I can't disagree. We need to throw Honeycutt in there to spread the humiliation around.

We really need to bench Salmons and try something else. We brought him in here to play defense and shoot, and he's provided neither. Can't shoot for jack. Can't defend bigger SFs. Galinarri is killing him. He's good but not THAT GOOD. Just useless out there. Bring on Donte or even Honeycutt!

I'm afraid I have to nominate Smart for an assist in this mess. We had early minutes and spots of preformances out of Reke, Jimmer, Cousins, Donte, and spots from both Thomposn and Hickson. Result? We constantly trot out as many of Thomas, Salmosn, Outlaw, and Cisco as we can in the second quarter. meanwhile Jimmer is cooled, Tyreke is gassed after playign the first 18 minutes straight, and we are smallballing. That's not how its done.
Agree. The lineups made no sense in the second. Hey guys, check this guy out! He would be perfect for our team! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D3GQgFeyfo

Yeah, a few more W's - but not many as we're now past 1/4 of this lousy season. Think Kenny Natt era (error)...

Last edited:
I know there's 3 billion + girls in the world, but Brick has to be running out of them by now. Maybe we'll be on pretty, feminine looking males by the end of the season?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
BREAKING NEWS PLAYER UPDATES:

1. Mikki Moore is currently listed on the roster for the Memphis Grizzlies.
Huh? Where in the world do you see that? Moore is certainly not on the Grizz roster, though possibly they were his last team.

This team is an absolute joke. I can't ever recall seeing any team go from a close game to down 20+ so fast. And the worst part is, they do this ALL THE TIME. Seriously, I don't even recall the 08/09 team being this inept. I don't know why I even bother watching this garbage. Same thing every game. Blown out by halftime and hope for a miracle comeback.

I meant to say shouldn't be a running team earlier. This team just doesn't have the personnel to run with. I have no idea who looks at your franchise players, one a 6'6" 230 pound PG, the other a 6'11" 280 pound C and says, "I think we'll be a running team!". Smart needs to think about this a little more.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
BREAKING NEWS PLAYER UPDATES:

2. Greg Ostertag is reportedly interested in returning to the NBA and says he's in great condition.
I am sure there are logical reasons for NOT signing him but why not? Is he going to hurt the team? Besides he looks good in a thong.

Congratulations. It really will save your sanity. Have a good night/morning!
I hope so. I'm noticing the difference already, as one poster was making this game thread even less pleasant with particular vitrol directed towards one player and no one else. Enjoy the rest of the game, if that's possible! :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Huh? Where in the world do you see that? Moore is certainly not on the Grizz roster, though possibly they were his last team.
I went to nba.com/playerinfo and it took me to the Grizzlies page. I didn't check further but I do vaguely recall hearing his name mentioned a while back.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I went to nba.com/playerinfo and it took me to the Grizzlies page. I didn't check further but I do vaguely recall hearing his name mentioned a while back.

I'm afraid I have to nominate Smart for an assist in this mess. We had early minutes and spots of performances out of Reke, Jimmer, Cousins, Donte, and spots from both Thomposn and Hickson. Result? We constantly trot out as many of Thomas, Salmons, Outlaw, and Cisco as we can in the second quarter. Meanwhile Jimmer is cooled, Tyreke is gassed after playing the first 18 minutes straight, and we are smallballing. That's not how its done.
Smarts substitutions will most likely be his downfall. They've been off from the first game he took over. Agree the small ball is killing us, and he relies on it far too much. Doesn't appear to realize when it's not working, shockingly.

Yeah, a few more W's - but not many as we're now past 1/4 of this lousy season. Think Kenny Natt ear (error)...
I was hoping that stage of the Kings was long gone. Looking at the history.. we have had plenty of coaching changes (which has stalled improvement at every turn), bad trades (Salmons) and bad offseason (letting Dally walk). A collection of the wrong talent it is that simple.