[Game] Game Thread: Kings vs. Nuggets 1/25

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Yep, you just can't have a winning team with BROKE owners. We need new owners or we just need to get LUCKY. And the Kings are not a lucky team when it comes to the lottery or anything.
I'm surprised more people don't bring this up. When the fans start discussing how to save money for the ownership, times are putrid.

It seems like certain teams match up against us so well, and they will blow us out every time, ie Portland, Memphis, Denver. Teams with any shotblocker that can prevent Tyreke from penetrating will shut us down. The key to stop Tyreke is to put a tall athletic defender on him, and to backup that defender with a shotblocker ie Camby, Nene, etc.
Well if someone on the team could hit a damn 3, that strategy would not be as effective. If we had even an average 3pt% as a team, that is another 6 points a game or so. Then teams would have to guard us on the perimeter which would open things up inside for Reke and Cousins.

When it comes down to it we need to completely rebuild this roster with the exception of DMC and Reke. JT can stay. Everyone else can go.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
It seems like certain teams match up against us so well, and they will blow us out every time, ie Portland, Memphis, Denver. Teams with any shotblocker that can prevent Tyreke from penetrating will shut us down. The key to stop Tyreke is to put a tall athletic defender on him, and to backup that defender with a shotblocker ie Camby, Nene, etc.
While the general formula is true, I don't think had much to do with this one as Nene is not a shotblocker, and the Nuggets were starting 2 PGs. Might have gotten harder on him when Brewer was in than Lawson though, but really Reke wasn't primarily looking to score and being frustrated doing so in this one.

Here's a theory about Reke's offensive stuggles: he's trying to run the team. Really trying and for spurts, like the first quarter here he's doing a pretty good job of it and he and we are mostly playing wihtin ourselves. But as we inevitably start to struggle and things start to break down, he's caught trying to save us by getting his offense within a crumbling offensive structure, as opposed to just dribbling around and looking to score on his terms. Hence he's out of rhythm and flashes between hesistant and overaggressive tyring to find that sweet spot.

Well if someone on the team could hit a damn 3, that strategy would not be as effective. If we had even an average 3pt% as a team, that is another 6 points a game or so. Then teams would have to guard us on the perimeter which would open things up inside for Reke and Cousins.

When it comes down to it we need to completely rebuild this roster with the exception of DMC and Reke. JT can stay. Everyone else can go.
Yeah pretty sad, our 3 pt shooting. They are showed the shooting percentages and our rank in the NBA earlier in the game. dead LAST in shooting percentage and #29th (near last) in 3 pt shooting.

While the general formula is true, I don't think had much to do with this one as Nene is not a shotblocker, and the Nuggets were starting 2 PGs. Might have gotten harder on him when Brewer was in than Lawson though, but really Reke wasn't primarily looking to score and being frustrated doing so in this one.

Here's a theory about Reke's offensive stuggles: he's trying to run the team. Really trying and for spurts, like the first quarter here he's doing a pretty good job of it and he and we are mostly playing wihtin ourselves. But as we inevitably start to struggle and things start to break down, he's caught trying to save us by getting his offense within a crumbling offensive structure, as opposed to just dribbling around and looking to score on his terms. Hence he's out of rhythm and flashes between hesistant and overaggressive tyring to find that sweet spot.
While not elite, the Birdman and Nene are decent shotblockers. They're certainly athletic enough to alter shots.

This really is it. Teams take away option 1 and there is no option 2. Although that doesn't completely alleviate him from any blame, he's been a root cause for a good deal of the dismay and tonight he just didn't bring from the start. Frankly, there were times where he just got in the way. Cousins was posting up and Reke cuts right in his space to the rim.

What a gutless and pathetic franchise. How as a player can you even accept your paycheck when you put an effort forward like that? 92 pts in the paint, without one hard foul? You have you alleged star Tyreke pouting on the corner of the floor rolling his eyes the whole 2nd half. John Salmons looked like an 80 year old in cemented boots trying to keep up with Gallo. The team has no gameplan, no offense, selfish defense, but the thing that stuck out tonight is 0 heart. The only player who looks like they care about the game is the last draft pick of the 2011 NBA Draft, if that's what your team has come down to you're truly an embarrassment. I was at the game tonight and there was a lady behind me asking why dont the players try like this Thomas guy?? Its because they're there to collect their check, and completely give up any time there is a run or adversity. It's just a bunch of front running losers with the basketball IQ of a combined 37.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I'm beginning to wonder if as KFs we may need to start thinking about readjusting our mindset and expectations back to 1980s/1990s level. Basically just accept that the Kings suck and roll with it. If they get lucky and get good again, great. But if not, why torture ourselves? One can only be disappointed if one's expectations aren't met. Since we can't adjust the team, next best thing is to adjust (LOWER) your expectation. Easier said than done, I know. But food for thought.
Yep. They can win against the bottom 3rd of the league, but don't have the horses for the top two-thirds.