Free Agency

Buddy's deal was never atrocious, some people just don't understand how value works in professional sports. Generally speaking, if it's a player that anyone else is interested in you have to overpay in the immediate future with the understanding that inflation is going to catch up and justify it before the deal is up. Both Buddy and Harrison are on front-loaded deals too that decrease annually so if you average them out to equal yearly installments you're miscalculating their actual trade value.
How Walton used him did him and his deal no favors. All in all, it was a good deal for the type of player he is. Yeah, same with Barnes.

The world is spending stupid money on players that won't bump the needle for us. I am glad we have yet to do anything.

As long as we continue not to due anything stupid.

We do have enough players to field an NBA roster right?

The world is spending stupid money on players that won't bump the needle for us. I am glad we have yet to do anything.

I'm ok with making only small additions.

Fox Cojo
Buddy Hali Ramsey
Barnes Jefferies Woodard
Belli Parker
Bagley Holmes

Probably need a back up big maybe two.

I'm ok with making only small additions.

Fox Cojo
Buddy Hali Ramsey
Barnes Jefferies Woodard
Belli Parker
Bagley Holmes

Probably need a back up big maybe two.
Not going to win a lot of games which is fine in what are most likley to be empty arenas but gives Halliburton a chance to jump into his role and the 2nd rounders a shot to stick.

Players come off the books next year, we make a signing and a high draft pick, potentially a mid season move with Buddy if Fox/Buddy/Halliburton isn't a great thing... maybe then we have a shot at real improvement?

SLAB

Hall of Famer

Hopefully not waiting for the right opportunity to dump Morris money on Bogi.

Nope. People just say this and assume this about European players IMO

Jesus, the Bogi narrative here over the last week has become insane.

Let me be clear, ideally we would trade both Bogi and Buddy. I don't want to lose Bogi for nothing but I also don't want to sign him to an albatross of a contract.

With that said, Bogi IS a high IQ player. Is he inconsistent? Yes. But that doesn't equate to low IQ. People are completely rewriting what Bogi is because they're pissed at what's happened recently. I'm shaking my head reading a lot of these ridiculous posts. There's a reason he's valued around the league and it's not because Kings fans are inherently smarter. He's a high IQ player who, with the right team, can really help them. He's not very valuable to us because we're not competitive and have Buddy in his spot (an ACTUAL low IQ player).

People are letting their emotions completely cloud their judgement here.

And in relation to your comment about Euro players being assumed to have high IQs, that's because there is a large element of truth to it. Style of play is completely different and Euro players are brought up in systems that value fundamentals, moving the ball, and making the right plays for the team. Otherwise you don't see the court. It's completely different than the one-on-one style of AAU and college ball. Is it true of every Euro player? Of course not. But again it's not just some pro-European bias that exists for no reason.

Jesus, the Bogi narrative here over the last week has become insane.

Let me be clear, ideally we would trade both Bogi and Buddy. I don't want to lose Bogi for nothing but I also don't want to sign him to an albatross of a contract.

With that said, Bogi IS a high IQ player. Is he inconsistent? Yes. But that doesn't equate to low IQ. People are completely rewriting what Bogi is because they're pissed at what's happened recently. I'm shaking my head reading a lot of these ridiculous posts. There's a reason he's valued around the league and it's not because Kings fans are inherently smarter. He's a high IQ player who, with the right team, can really help them. He's not very valuable to us because we're not competitive and have Buddy in his spot (an ACTUAL low IQ player).

And in relation to your comment about Euro players being assumed to have high IQs, that's because there is a large element of truth to it. Style of play is completely different and Euro players are brought up in systems that value fundamentals, moving the ball, and making the right plays for the team. Otherwise you don't see the court. It's completely different than the one-on-one style of AAU and college ball. Is it true of every Euro player? Of course not. But again it's not just some pro-European bias that exists for no reason.
Thanks!
And a player like Bogdan can help teammates such as Bagley more than Buddy.

Bogdan’s shot selection and decision making beg to differ

I’m well aware of what was said about him before he came into the league, but at some point you have to prove it and do it consistently in the pros. I’m not saying he sucks or that i wouldn’t want him back (i don’t) but people have been treating him like a borderline all star this week and I’m very very confused.

That's because his usage is too high in spurts, and he is not a guy that excels at creating his own shot. He is a good pick and roll operator, can be a secondary ball handler and will knock down open shots. If people are going to going to give Buddy a pass for last year based on how Walton used him (and they should, because Walton completely misused him), then they need to apply that same logic to Bogi.

His shot selection is poor at times, but I absolutely believe that was down to his role, otherwise he would have been benched for it. He wouldn't have that same problem on a better team.

I personally don’t understand all the hate. Did bogi go to the media and say he didn’t want to be here? Did he like/retweet all these rumors about being traded? He’s a professional basketball player that wants to get paid and start on his team. What’s the big deal? That’s like all nba players. All of a sudden he’s been turned into a villain for no reason and I don’t understand why.

I personally don’t understand all the hate. Did bogi go to the media and say he didn’t want to be here? Did he like/retweet all these rumors about being traded? He’s a professional basketball player that wants to get paid and start on his team. What’s the big deal? That’s like all nba players. All of a sudden he’s been turned into a villain for no reason and I don’t understand why.
Lol @ the irony

Adrian Wojnarowski: Free agent guard Kris Dunn has agreed to a two-year, $10M deal with the Atlanta Hawks, sources tell ESPN. Player option on the second year. – via Twitter wojespn
$5 mil less for the hawks but maybe they moved on from overpaying rondo

dude12

Hall of Famer
Adrian Wojnarowski: Free agent guard Kris Dunn has agreed to a two-year, $10M deal with the Atlanta Hawks, sources tell ESPN. Player option on the second year. – via Twitter wojespn
$5 mil less for the hawks but maybe they moved on from overpaying rondo
That just gets us closer to a potential sign and trade for a guy like Reddish

dude12

Hall of Famer
U forgot to bold the 2 sentences before. There’s a way to act and a way not to. One way deserves the hate
True but does anyone really know how Bogi has acted towards the organization privately. Sure Buddy has been his own worst enemy here but it’s not like Bogi is completely innocent.......neither One is willing to do what’s best for the team and accept a role even though they both will get their minutes. To be fair, both SG’s are overstepping their percieved self-worth and Sac will be better off with both eventually gone.....in my opinion.