Free Agency

Harrison Barnes would fit quite nicely into part of that large TPE that Boston just got in the Hayward sign and trade. ;)

Hey Danny Ainge, how about a Harrison Barnes (and his world championship experience) for one of your future first rounders! HB could slide right into that starting stretch 4 opening you have! ;)
Interestingly it doesn't look like Boston has any more future 1st rounders beyond their own. Still, I'd jump at a deal for one of their late 1sts to offload Barnes and his contract.

Not trying to beat a dead horse but saw this today in the Athletics

“One presumes they could have at least squeezed the Hawks for a second-round pick and gained a $9 million trade exception if this price was beyond their walkaway number, but this conversation had to happen ahead of time — once the offer sheet was signed, the Kings were powerless to do anything but match or not match.”

It's fun to be a contrarian, but sometimes a little feedback on when you've gone over the edge is useful.

You've gone over the edge with regards to Bagley. He is an already-good player with star potential who when healthy makes our team better, not worse. There is no "decision" about whether to pick up his fourth-year option. Not only will we pick it up, we would chase after it into moving traffic like it was a $100 bill blowing in the wind.
not aging well.....

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
not aging well.....
1) Declaring victory after one bad game? Go ahead, I guess.

2) What was my primary contention in that post? Oh, yes, it was that we would pick up Bagley's fourth year option. Let me check back...I can't quite remember...oh, yeah. We DID pick up Bagley's fourth year option. So, in fact, my assertion appears to be aging like fine wine. But go ahead and declare victory in the face of me being factually right, I guess.

1) Declaring victory after one bad game? Go ahead, I guess.

2) What was my primary contention in that post? Oh, yes, it was that we would pick up Bagley's fourth year option. Let me check back...I can't quite remember...oh, yeah. We DID pick up Bagley's fourth year option. So, in fact, my assertion appears to be aging like fine wine. But go ahead and declare victory in the face of me being factually right, I guess.
here was your primary assertion.....

You've gone over the edge with regards to Bagley. He is an already-good player with star potential who when healthy makes our team better, not worse. There is no "decision" about whether to pick up his fourth-year option.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
here was your primary assertion.....

You've gone over the edge with regards to Bagley. He is an already-good player with star potential who when healthy makes our team better, not worse. There is no "decision" about whether to pick up his fourth-year option.
I was responding to this:

The next big decision will be to pick up his 11M option.
Feel free to reassess what I might have considered was my primary contention.