How to Finish Building Around our Big 3?

I’m really curious what Monte does if anything with the bench. As it stands the first four off the bench are probably Monk, KVon, Len and Lyles with McLaughlin getting Davion type minutes. To me that isn’t enough defense or size. Eventually Carter will be in that mix but whose minutes is he taking? You prob need to move Kevin and or Lyles for a defensive forward that shoots and eventually a more dynamic center to back up Domas and place Len as your third guy.
Len still isn't good enough to back up? :D No matter how efficient the guy is

Len still isn't good enough to back up? :D No matter how efficient the guy is
no he is but I think if we are eventually going to be a championship contender we are going to need to be dynamic everywhere to make up for the lack of top end talent compared to the teams (Joker, Giannis, Luka etc). My hope is eventually we could find a big that could shoot or provide a bit more offense in addition to defense.

I’m really curious what Monte does if anything with the bench. As it stands the first four off the bench are probably Monk, KVon, Len and Lyles with McLaughlin getting Davion type minutes. To me that isn’t enough defense or size. Eventually Carter will be in that mix but whose minutes is he taking? You prob need to move Kevin and or Lyles for a defensive forward that shoots and eventually a more dynamic center to back up Domas and place Len as your third guy.
I think in the end moving Kevin for a 4 would be the best move as long as Carter works out. I think moving Lyles just kinds of keeps us treading water since he's the only real 4 on the roster right now.

I highly doubt the bench will be playing a ton of minutes without any of the starters but if they did, they basically have 2 above average defenders in McLaughlin and Len. 1 somewhat average defender in Lyles and 2 below average defenders in Monk and Huerter. Their offenses are basically the inverse of that. It could be a lot worse.

no he is but I think if we are eventually going to be a championship contender we are going to need to be dynamic everywhere to make up for the lack of top end talent compared to the teams (Joker, Giannis, Luka etc). My hope is eventually we could find a big that could shoot or provide a bit more offense in addition to defense.
Not sure how realistic it is to find an affordable 5 to be a backup, who is good defensively and offensively. Of course it's a good idea in theory

Seems like McDaniels is kind of just getting overlooked. It's very likely at this point he IS that depth 4/3 guy. There are a few names still out there that should be looked at with a min. deal. Maybe someone like Gordon Hayward could be a decent target but he'll probably have a high portion of the league wanting him for that. At best you'd be signing someone to be in that Sasha slot which is kind of just a garbage time role at most points anyway.

It will be interesting to see how Timme looks tonight and in Vegas. He could be a cheap third C off the bench.

Thoughts on what we've seen so far?
He's looked like a player that should be a depth big in the NBA to me, but I also thought that before he came out of college. With the league getting more physical and less skill necessary at the big spots that could drastically alter his chances though.

It will be interesting to see how Timme looks tonight and in Vegas. He could be a cheap third C off the bench.

Thoughts on what we've seen so far?
He'll play for the Raptors and not for us in Vegas.

Edit: He had been announced as a member of the Raptors Vegas squad but it seems that he finally is still playing for us.

Last edited: