Free Agency

SLAB

Hall of Famer

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Buddy's deal was never atrocious, some people just don't understand how value works in professional sports. Generally speaking, if it's a player that anyone else is interested in you have to overpay in the immediate future with the understanding that inflation is going to catch up and justify it before the deal is up. Both Buddy and Harrison are on front-loaded deals too that decrease annually so if you average them out to equal yearly installments you're miscalculating their actual trade value.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Buddy's deal was never atrocious, some people just don't understand how value works in professional sports. Generally speaking, if it's a player that anyone else is interested in you have to overpay in the immediate future with the understanding that inflation is going to catch up and justify it before the deal is up. Both Buddy and Harrison are on front-loaded deals too that decrease annually so if you average them out to equal yearly installments you're miscalculating their actual trade value.
Yeah, I always assumed that by the time Buddy’s contract got to its last year, he’d actually wind up below market value (at the time the cap was projected to increase). Just didn’t think it would only take one off-season

I keep hearing this “Bogi is a high IQ player” myth. Has he ever proven this in a Kings uniform?
He’s definitely made his share of horrible decisions and been a ball stopper way too often. But he’s also won a lot of games and been insanely clutch. Couple that with his career in Europe and I think that’s the best argument for him

The other name we haven’t heard is Hayward. If Boston can’t make a deal with Indiana and Atlanta and Kings can’t agree do Hayward and Atlanta say F it and sign,

Trade Buddy sign Bogi?
You have to let this go...

Every way to Sunday is saying that he's gone. It's like saying Harry Giles remaining a King was an option this year even though everything pointed to that not being the case. Just because there's speculation that Buddy Hield's market might turn out good it doesn't mean that Bogi is getting signed, and if he does stay I'm sure it will be for a value contract purely for trade bait.

He’s definitely made his share of horrible decisions and been a ball stopper way too often. But he’s also won a lot of games and been insanely clutch. Couple that with his career in Europe and I think that’s the best argument for him
not to mention hard to play team defense with a player not on script.

You have to let this go...

Every way to Sunday is saying that he's gone. It's like saying Harry Giles remaining a King was an option this year even though everything pointed to that not being the case. Just because there's speculation that Buddy Hield's market might turn out good it doesn't mean that Bogi is getting signed, and if he does stay I'm sure it will be for a value contract purely for trade bait.
we will keep one of Bogi or Buddy for sure. We are just responding to Amick’s tweet so not sure what to “let go”.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
To be fair, so has Buddy. I mean, the man almost singlehandedly pulled off the greatest comeback in NBA history. I mean sure it was against the Wolves but let’s not pretend Buddy has been pure garbage either

To be fair, so has Buddy. I mean, the man almost singlehandedly pulled off the greatest comeback in NBA history. I mean sure it was against the Wolves but let’s not pretend Buddy has been pure garbage either
honestly kind of crazy we were able to get two extremely talented guys who’s talent is only matched by the degree to which they overrated themselves to the point of being malcontents

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
With Trez going to the Lakers -I know people are going to hate me for saying this, but we should see what the Clippers are willing to offer us for Richaun Holmes/

In Buddy's case, the owner of the team did tell him he was the next Steph Curry as soon as he stepped off the airplane.

well he truly was elite on crazy maybe historical levels with Joerger. Which is why I’m still holding out for my pet deal of shipping him to the Warriors and signing Bogi to a starring role as future trade bait

If we're using the textbook definition of BBIQ, then sure. Buddy's as dumb as a box of rocks, Bogi has basketball smarts that he chooses not to use and plays like an ***hole.
let’s be clear... my one goal is seeing the Kings get good so I can stop hearing crap about my King’s fandom. Neither Buddy or Bogi is good enough to separate from the other. They each have strengths and weaknesses and are about the same age.

what I do not want to see is loosing one of our better assets for nothing. Both are starter/6th man capable players.