Free Agency

Anyone else hoping we keep Rudy? I feel like we'll end up losing talent in any Rudy trade and we'll end up creating a new hole at SF.
There is going to be a hole in the roster regardless of whether Rudy stays or goes. The question I have is, why are people so certain Cousins can go anywhere with a bunch of role players? even if they are the right role players. That's not what wins in the NBA anymore, your stars need help from other stars...Cousins doesn't have that unless Trill turns into a two way player of some sort.

Unless Vlade pulls off a trade, then I can see Cousins counting down the days until he's a free agent. Afflalo and Toliver are solid players, but not really the caliber we needed this off season to boost us into play off contention.
oh please. we were in contention last season

We need to keep Seth Curry.. Here are his stats in the 11 games where he played 25mins or more...

15.1ppg 3.7apg 3.3rpg 50% 3pt (32 of 64) 2.9 out of 5.8 per game.

Even if it's a bench role we need to keep him. These are the stats that are getting paid 10mil+ per season this year. I would definitely give him 7-8mil per year for 4 years.

"It may, in fact, be a new day in Sacramento: I'm quickly corrected on the Monta front, told Kings have no interest. Rodney Stuckey, either." - Sam Amick

Back off from the ledge Kings fans..
i mean, last season should have let the fans know that lol we didn't want him when we could have gotten him straight up

We need to keep Seth Curry.. Here are his stats in the 11 games where he played 25mins or more...

15.1ppg 3.7apg 3.3rpg 50% 3pt (32 of 64) 2.9 out of 5.8 per game.

Even if it's a bench role we need to keep him. These are the stats that are getting paid 10mil+ per season this year. I would definitely give him 7-8mil per year for 4 years.
I'll be extremely upset if we don't keep Curry.

With Horford going to the Celtics & the fact that Horford has stated that he wants to play PF, I wonder if they are interested in acquiring Koufos.

Cauley-Stein should be getting all of the backup C minutes so our 3rd big should be able to play PF. A deal centered around A. Johnson for Koufos would be a great deal for us. Not only do we fix the logjam at C, but we acquire one of the best roleplaying PFs in the game while also giving us more cap flexibility in the 2017 offseason.

Cousins/Cauley-Stein/Johnson would be a great, defensive 3 big rotation. Then you have Casspi & Tolliver as your stretch 4s and Skal & Papagiannis as potential contributors down the road.

Do you guys really see Omri as a capable starter? I love his shooting and energy but he will be torched on defense by top SF's. I would like to trade Gay because he just isn't a good fit style wise with Cousins. At the same time you don't want to close one hole and open up another gaping hole somewhere else. Vlade and co. will have some tricky work to do to get this right if trading Gay, Koufos, Ben is indeed the plan. If Rondo is gone, Gay still could work with Cousins. Also as it stands we are pretty much set up for this year to be make or break in terms of Cousins and Sac. If it works veterans can opt back in/ be retained. If not Cousins can be traded for younger assetts while veterans all expire. Its actually a very impressive shuffling of chess pieces by Vlade, Cantanella and co.
Jesus, I'm tired of this narrative.

YES HE IS.

Dude was fantastic on both ends last season. He was our 2nd most impactful player. He put up great numbers in the 15 starts he got. He plays off Cousins in the exact ways we want. There's only so many times we can post his numbers to show he's a starting SF.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Why is he pissed at George again?
Early onset senility.

Been meddling for the last couple of years trying to force a Golden State revolution in Indy and make George into a smallball PF. George hasn't cooperated. May have helped cost Vogel his job even since Vogel listened to his player rather than his GM.

Frankly, legend or not, if I owned the Pacers I would have canned Bird by this point and given him a nice gold retirement watch.

Give me Seth all day before Sloan. Sloan would be a lot like our other 2 signings... fine, but wouldn't really move the needle either way. Seth at the very least still has upside and showed us good production at the end of last season.

Sloan would be another under the radar signing but the question would be, what about Curry who has good IQ, plays good defense, and knock down the 3. And I get that a trade is coming.
How? He's not a starter. He was ok for the Nets, but eventually lost his job to Shane Larkin. He's not better than Collison and I wouldn't play him over Seth.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Early onset senility.

Been meddling for the last couple of years trying to force a Golden State revolution in Indy and make George into a smallball PF. George hasn't cooperated. May have helped cost Vogel his job even since Vogel listened to his player rather than his GM.

Frankly, legend or not, if I owned the Pacers I would have canned Bird by this point and given him a nice gold retirement watch.
I'd hate to give up WCS but maybe if absorb stuckey for them giving them more cap space, we could do Rudy and kosta for George and stuckey? That pretty much cements collison as the starter with stuckey backup and maybe curry or somebody. But all of a sudden our depth up front is left to tolliver and a couple rookies.

I'd hate to give up WCS but maybe if absorb stuckey for them giving them more cap space, we could do Rudy and kosta for George and stuckey? That pretty much cements collison as the starter with stuckey backup and maybe curry or somebody. But all of a sudden our depth up front is left to tolliver and a couple rookies.
? We're not getting George.

"Under the Radar" signing that isn't better than keeping our incumbent PGs?

So forgive me for jumping to conclusions that I assumed you thought he'd be an upgrade, thus a starter. Because that's flat wrong.
Try reading comprehension Debbie Downer. Nobody said that he's going to be the starting PG. Take your negativity somewhere else.

Anyone else wonder what it's going to be like when these average players show up with their Power ball like contracts this season? Some jealousy I imagine.

Maybe once chubby Conley can go back to eating now that he got paid? I wonder how stupid his old teammate Greg Ogden is feeling right now.

It will be interesting to see the social ripple effect.

Entity

Hall of Famer
It's no secret that NBA players have egos and I would go as far as to say some the superstars are arrogant. Just once I'd like to see on so arrogant to say you know what, I a, the best and to prove it I am gonna go sign with a team that hasn't made the playoffs in x amount of years and take them to the playoffs. Instead they lobby around trying to find the best team that's already a perennial playoff team and joins them.

Jesus, I'm tired of this narrative.

YES HE IS.

Dude was fantastic on both ends last season. He was our 2nd most impactful player. He put up great numbers in the 15 starts he got. He plays off Cousins in the exact ways we want. There's only so many times we can post his numbers to show he's a starting SF.
so 15 starts should merit him becoming a full time starter for the entire season? He's a role player. The Kings can't afford to start four role players around Cousins and expect to make the playoffs IMO.

Sloan would be another under the radar signing but the question would be, what about Curry who has good IQ, plays good defense, and knock down the 3. And I get that a trade is coming.
Sign both, Curry is a combo guard anyways so it's not like signing Sloan would limit Curry from scoring. Collison/Sloan/Curry with Cousins grooming in the D-league wouldn't be terrible.