Free Agency

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Nope, not at all. Some people take things too far and develop certain agendas towards particular players. My only agenda is the Kings. I want them to do well and while I may be aggressive at times voicing my displeasure about particular players, at no point do I ever intentionally cross the line and get personal. Now I'm not perfect and I've said things over the years I'm not particularly proud of, but it's not like I aim to do that. However, I've been around long enough to know that not everyone is like that. Some just aim for a player and that's that.
Okay, follow up question: do you think that many of the posts made by Kings Fans who have rooted for active Kings players to not do well have looked appreciably different from some of the posts you have made about McLemore?

Basically, what I am trying to determine is whether you believe that it is reasonable or unreasonable that someone could have made that mistake?

Taj Gibson is a necessary contract to make it work, is rumored to be on the block, and remains a really good fit, especially if we then are going to turn around and use Kosta as part of a get a PG package. A Taj/McDermott pairing would turn our frontcourt into versatile defensive monsters for Joerger, and our SFs into designated shooters. Swing Ben and Kosta into Rubio, resign Curry, still have cap room left...that then mysteriously lands on Waiters?

C -- Cousins/Big Papa
PF -- WCS/Gibson/Tolliver/Skal
SF -- Omri/McDermott
SG -- Afflalo/Waiters???/Curry
PG-- Rubio/Collison/Cousins

As long as Cuz stayed healthy, that's a lot of shooters and scrappy defenders.
that's a 40 win team max IMO....terrible

Do you guys really see Omri as a capable starter? I love his shooting and energy but he will be torched on defense by top SF's. I would like to trade Gay because he just isn't a good fit style wise with Cousins. At the same time you don't want to close one hole and open up another gaping hole somewhere else. Vlade and co. will have some tricky work to do to get this right if trading Gay, Koufos, Ben is indeed the plan. If Rondo is gone, Gay still could work with Cousins. Also as it stands we are pretty much set up for this year to be make or break in terms of Cousins and Sac. If it works veterans can opt back in/ be retained. If not Cousins can be traded for younger assetts while veterans all expire. Its actually a very impressive shuffling of chess pieces by Vlade, Cantanella and co.

Last edited:
that's a 40 win team max IMO....terrible
Everyone was convinced we were a 40 win team at minimum with Rondo, Gay, Cousins and Karl. Its not always talent in a vacuum, but how the players meld together and how the coach maximizes every piece on his team. Rondo, Gay, Cousins doesn't work because all three play with low energy levels. Cousins needs players with energy around him.

Okay, follow up question: do you think that many of the posts made by Kings Fans who have rooted for active Kings players to not do well have looked appreciably different from some of the posts you have made about McLemore?

Basically, what I am trying to determine is whether you believe that it is reasonable or unreasonable that someone could have made that mistake?
Sure, it's definitely possible. Like I said, I can be aggressive at times when voicing my displeasure. However, if asked I will say the truth. I like the kid as a person, but this is a basketball league and I'm a results sort of guy. After 3 years, I'm tired of watching and waiting. It's really that simple. It's a big hole in our lineup and he played a huge role in that. However, if all of a sudden things clicked, I will certainly admit I was wrong about him. I have no problem doing so and would actually do it gladly.

Do you guys really see Omri as a capable starter? I love his shooting and energy but he will be torched on defense by top SF's. I would like to trade Gay because he just isn't a good fit style wise with Cousins. At the same time you don't want to close one hole and open up another gaping hole somewhere else. Vlade and co. will have some tricky work to do to get this right if trading Gay, Koufos, Ben is indeed the plan.
If Casspi is our starting SF for the next season, might as well call it another wasted season IMO. He isn't starter material, at least not in my eyes and nor should he be asked to be. If you trade Gay, you need to get another SF in return that's capable of taking his starting spot and not just insert Casspi in there and voila!

Everyone was convinced we were a 40 win team at minimum with Rondo, Gay, Cousins and Karl. Its not always talent in a vacuum, but how the players meld together and how the coach maximizes every piece on his team. Rondo, Gay, Cousins doesn't work because all three play with low energy levels. Cousins needs players with energy around him.
To be honest, none of us know what Cousins needs around him until it actually produces wins, and lots of them. Then we can have a foundation in place and continue from there. Until then, it's pure speculation that a line up of 3 & D players will all of a sudden propel this team to 45-50 wins and a playoff berth. You need some talent too and not put all of the burden on one guys shoulder and say..."hey you, yeah you! go win us 50 games and give us a playoff berth, first one in ten years". o_O

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
If Casspi is our starting SF for the next season, might as well call it another wasted season IMO. He isn't starter material, at least not in my eyes and nor should he be asked to be. If you trade Gay, you need to get another SF in return that's capable of taking his starting spot and not just insert Casspi in there and voila!
In the last two seasons since his return, Casspi as a starter:

2015-16 21gms 33.1min 14.0pts (.505 .480 .544) 7.0reb 1.7ast .620TS%
2014-15 19gms 30.4min 14.3pts (.529 .500 .698) 4.5reb 2.2ast .623TS%

That's a combined 40 games, basically half a season. And that's a very useful starter.

In the last two seasons since his return, Casspi as a starter:

2015-16 21gms 33.1min 14.0pts (.505 .480 .544) 7.0reb 1.7ast .620TS%
2014-15 19gms 30.4min 14.3pts (.529 .500 .698) 4.5reb 2.2ast .623TS%

That's a combined 40 games, basically half a season. And that's a very useful starter.
How about a full season?

Thats the thing, every Rudy trade i have seen has us getting a PG back, or at the very least no other SF back, plus we have just signed a SG and stretch PF. Only trade that makes sense is a trade with Houston to get back Beverly and Ariza or with Phoenix to get back Bledsoe or Knight and Tucker.

What reason would we have had to start Casspi for a full season, when we still have Gay? He doesn't appear to be a viable option at SG, or else I can't imagine why we wouldn't have tried that already?
Well posters like to bring up his stats and his per 40 indicating that he is capable of being a starter but he's never been a starter in his career for a whole season so who is to say he can or can't do it? It's pure speculation on our part.

Both Afflalo and Tolliver came out of nowhere. Vlade is running a tight ship and I like it.
And Vlade's team all have clear memories of all the Wojo bombs at their expense a few months ago. Does anyone really think Wojo is going to have the inside track on their moves during a time like this?? This time of year I take his "inside info" with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Well posters like to bring up his stats and his per 40 indicating that he is capable of being a starter but he's never been a starter in his career for a whole season so who is to say he can or can't do it? It's pure speculation on our part.
That would indeed make it difficult for anybody to ever become a starter if the only way they could prove they were a starter was to have already started for a full season. We've got a BIG 2-year sample size, with our own team/star. The only variable is the coaching turnover/systems.

Bricklayer

Mahimi signed away from Indy.

I wonder just how irrationally pissed Bird is about George? Cuz they just developed a real use for Kosta to go along with Rudy (more realistically WCS of course).