Draft Thread

His attitude, mentality, work ethic and motor are some things that will really benefit this young team. Those things don't always show up on the court but could go a long way toward getting us back to winning ways.

Would be pretty perfect to get another first rounder and take someone like Jeffery Taylor.

Wow....T Ross taken early by Toronto.

If Detroit takes Henson over Drummond now...that would be shocking...and it would show how much GMs are scared of Drummond.
I felt Drummond would drop...but I don't expect him to fall out of the top 10.

His attitude, mentality, work ethic and motor are some things that will really benefit this young team. Those things don't always show up on the court but could go a long way toward getting us back to winning ways.

Would be pretty perfect to get another first rounder and take someone like Jeffery Taylor.
Yep, I'd be willing to give up quite a bit if I could secure another pick and get Taylor.

I can't believe some of you guys are so pessimistic. It's a god send that a player like Robinson fell to us. He wasn't even on my radar because I thought for sure that he would be taken at 2.

We just drafted a team cornerstone for years and you guys are mad that we didn't get an SF with a couple attributes that we need? Sure that would have been nice but we got a more important player. We are going to have two physical beasts underneath the hoop, snatching up rebounds and throwing down high percentage FG's.

One thing we really struggled with was FG% last year and Robinson will definitely bump that up. I wish he was more of a shotblocker but no player out there was complete other than the guy that went #1.

If we can make a trade for a SF that would be awesome. If not then lets get these two monsters their chemistry this year and then grab a SF next year and start contending.

Ignore it. For some reason, Givony really hates the Kings. I don't know why, but it's bizarre. He regularly takes cheap shots at us and has got lots wrong in the past. Really doubt it's true. Someone should call him out on his BS.

Yeah that seems to have been a trend of late...and I don't know why.

Ignore it. For some reason, Givony really hates the Kings. I don't know why, but it's bizarre. He regularly takes cheap shots at us and has got lots wrong in the past. Really doubt it's true. Someone should call him out on his BS.
He was crying from happiness about being drafted. Not sure how that equates to being pissed?

We need AK47 more than ever right now. I don't know how we get him, though.

One thing's for sure .. this roster still needs some work. We added a big talent though.
First thing I thought. Pony up a fat offer to AK. Get on the phone now. TRob as others have said is hard to argue against although definitely not my first option, but we really, really need a defensive SF. Crucial. ALso really, really need a shotblocker as a 3rd big, not JT. We just extended the QO to JT, and there's no good reason to have both. no way I bring JT back now. We need a defensive big off the bench unless we want to see Smart play TRob at center while Cuz is on the bench.

For what it's worth:

Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress
Thomas Robinson just walked by me. He looks PISSED.
Retweeted by John Hollinger

First thing I thought. Pony up a fat offer to AK. Get on the phone now. TRob as others have said is hard to argue against although definitely not my first option, but we really, really need a defensive SF. Crucial. ALso really, really need a shotblocker as a 3rd big, not JT. We just extended the QO to JT, and there's no good reason to have both. no way I bring JT back now. We need a defensive big off the bench unless we want to see Smart play TRob at center while Cuz is on the bench.

For what it's worth:

Could be pissed he didn't go #2.

For what it's worth:

Hmm. I still think JT is worth bringing back. We can S&T him at the very least. Hard to focus now with the site moving so slow, and the draft still going on.

But I think JT / Cousins / Robinson / Shotblocker can work. We NEED defense at the 3, like you said. Evans should be good on defense at the 2. Lowry at the 1 would also really help. Great perimeter defense can really help sub-par interior defense.

If the Rockets deal Kevin Martin out .. maybe they take a Thornton - Lowry swap .. with other minor pieces going back and fourth. A lot to process.

I'm not ready to let JT walk though. Not yet. I may change my mind after I really think it through.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I am a happy Kings fan. Or, since I'm pretty impressed with Robinson's credentials, I guess I too fall into the "crush" category. You know what? I don't care. This is a young man with values, with great rebounding skills, whose ego isn't bigger than the state of Texas and who has, by all reports, an incredible work ethic. We could have done a lot worse. As far as not addressing needs, I don't see how you let someone of Robinson's caliber go past when he miraculously falls into your lap. I swear that sometimes the regular posters around here are almost as vitriolic as the trolls. If people are excited about Robinson, why not let them enjoy the moment? It's not like it's gonna cost anybody anything...

GO KINGS!!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I am a happy Kings fan. Or, since I'm pretty impressed with Robinson's credentials, I guess I too fall into the "crush" category. You know what? I don't care. This is a young man with values, with great rebounding skills, whose ego isn't bigger than the state of Texas and who has, by all reports, an incredible work ethic. We could have done a lot worse. As far as not addressing needs, I don't see how you let someone of Robinson's caliber go past when he miraculously falls into your lap. I swear that sometimes the regular posters around here are almost as vitriolic as the trolls. If people are excited about Robinson, why not let them enjoy the moment? It's not like it's gonna cost anybody anything...

GO KINGS!!!

Roster still needs a ton of work. Still a mystery at SF. Best option right now is probably Terrence. We still have IT starting at PG with either Terrence or Tyreke trying to run the offense without IT on the floor. Jimmer did not look ready at all for that job.

Still no defensive players outside some cheating on the lanes for steals.

And the lane is even more clogged now. =/

I understand Robinson is talented, but the entire organization has been producing losing team year after year because they keep drafting talent without a care for building a team. Until you start making moves that build a functioning playoff team, then you're just spinning around the sink drain.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
So in the past week Givony has had us trading Tyreke for a bag of potato chips and then told us our draft pick hates the team. Wonderful. We should send him a card.