Dallas vs. Phoenix Round 2

I think Suns/Spurs would be a good close match up unless Spurs kick it up a notch. TD has not played as well as he can yet and if he does watch out.

TERRY was on fire last night. Did you see that save the ended up with a Dirk 2? That was a fun game to watch yesterday. I want Seattle and Dallas to beat it out. That would just be awesome.

Terry had 8 assists last night with just 1 turnover and that came late in the 4th. I've been really impressed with Terry's play, whether it's scoring 25+ or dishing the ball with a great assist:turnover ratio.

Not bad for someone who is enjoying his first trip to the postseason.

mavsman said:
Terry had 8 assists last night with just 1 turnover and that came late in the 4th. I've been really impressed with Terry's play, whether it's scoring 25+ or dishing the ball with a great assist:turnover ratio.

Not bad for someone who is enjoying his first trip to the postseason.
Dang first trip. I did not know that. I did hear that Avery told him that they really needed him to step up and boy did he. That was a great game. Marquise played hard as well. You should proud of your boys.

This is both Dampier's and Terry's first trip to the playoffs and Terry looks like he's been at it for years. That's why I'm happy with where the Mavs have gone so far in this postseason. It ain't easy advancing in the playoffs with a coach that had just 16 games of regular season under his belt + 2 starters never reaching the NBA playoffs.

I'll gladly take it.

i'm tryin to figure out why amare had so much trouble getting to the basket last night. dallas played solid man-to-man d, but amare stoudemire is too strong and too athletic for anyone on the mavericks...or any two mavericks for that matter...or basically anyone else in the league not named shaquille o'neil. he just didnt have his normal level of energy and intensity it seemed.

Padrino said:
i'm tryin to figure out why amare had so much trouble getting to the basket last night. dallas played solid man-to-man d, but amare stoudemire is too strong and too athletic for anyone on the mavericks...or any two mavericks for that matter...or basically anyone else in the league not named shaquille o'neil. he just didnt have his normal level of energy and intensity it seemed.
B/c the Mavs just knew where Amare was on the floor at all times last night, so it wasn't usually one Mav, or even two Mavs, but three Mavs that were paying attention to him when he got the ball.

And, since he wasn't getting his normal share of dunks and layups relatively uncontested, I think he struggled in other areas of the game as well. He was clearly frustrated after having his way with the Mavs in each other game he has played against them this season. He'll have to turn that around in game 5.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Eh, damn the Suns. I can respect the Cuban hatred, but I refuse to root for what is basically a "first-year" playoff team out of principle; they haven't earned it. Go Mavericks.*

* - Until the WCF; then I hope you get killed dead by the Spurs...

Pejafanatic - it's because the Mavs, once again in a loss against the Suns, fell in love with the jumper. And it didn't hurt them before the 4th quarter b/c they were shooting damn near 50%. But as soon as you miss a few shots - the Suns went on a 9-0 run and the game was over.

The Mavs need to get back to attacking the basket. The Suns can't hang - they can't play defense. Why this team fell in love with 3 pointers (they shot like 16 of them) and long jump shots baffles me...

"good defense" = a Mavs team that didn't shoot very well to still score over 100+ points.

I am not crediting the Suns with their D. I will credit them for attacking the basket - a concept that got lost in the Mavs gameplan. If the Mavs had simply attacked the basket last night instead of shoot so many jumpers, we win.

suns play at such a fast pace that teams scoring over 100 does not mean they didn't play good enough defense..any time a team shoots under 45% then they are playing good enough D.

mavsman said:
Dirk is the nicest NBA player out there. Have you seen the clip? If you haven't I'm not giving it away...
You mean the clip of him signing 50 items for a kid wearing a Laker hat while he was eating dinner? Lol.

Suns win tonight if Dan Crawford is the ref.

Mavs 0-8 whenever Dan Crawford officiates in their playoff game. I have tix to tonight's game too - if I see Dan Crawford there I may just ask for a refund.

mavsman said:
he even signed a Lebron jersey for the kid!
Ha. I wonder who has that jersey now. That'd be an interesting item for eBay.

I liked the part where he finally refused to sign something and the kid goes, "You suck."

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
mavsman said:
Suns win tonight if Dan Crawford is the ref.

Mavs 0-8 whenever Dan Crawford officiates in their playoff game. I have tix to tonight's game too - if I see Dan Crawford there I may just ask for a refund.
:: 6th hopes for Dan Crawford :: ;) :p

Mavs currently up 6 as the game approaches halftime. Jason Terry showing a good effort leading the Mavs with 15 points to this point.