[Game] Kings @ Mavericks, 10/31/21 12:30pm Pacific, 3:30pm Eastern

KingsFan.com Excitement-o-meter (How excited are you about this team?)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are trying to win at all costs

i have an impression that they do, at least in past 3 seasons. playoffs, play-in, anything... and they will keep on trying.
trades from previous all star break confirms that, i expected some late first round pick or some youngsters, because we played poorly and prior to 2020/21 season, had meltdown in the bubble as a showcase what can we expect in 2020/21.

now, i know that luke doesn't correlate with such aspirations but can someone guess what is going on in vivek's head?
probably something like: players gonna figured it out...

From Jason Anderson’s article:

“Fox was fourth in the NBA in fourth-quarter scoring last season, averaging 7.3 points on 48.8% shooting. He’s 123rd this season, averaging a paltry 3.2 points on 25.9% shooting, including 0-of-8 shooting from 3-point range. He ranks just behind Portland Trail Blazers backup guard Anfernee Simons, the No. 24 pick in the 2018 NBA draft, and just ahead of Oklahoma City Thunder rookie Josh Giddey. Fox, who came out of Kentucky as the No. 5 pick in the 2017 draft, went 0 of 4 from the field in the fourth quarter against the Mavericks (4-2). He finished with 14 points on 5-of-16 shooting for the Kings (3-3), who suffered their first loss on the road…”

Read more at: https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/article255442101.html#storylink=cpy

From Jason Anderson’s article:

“Fox was fourth in the NBA in fourth-quarter scoring last season, averaging 7.3 points on 48.8% shooting. He’s 123rd this season, averaging a paltry 3.2 points on 25.9% shooting, including 0-of-8 shooting from 3-point range. He ranks just behind Portland Trail Blazers backup guard Anfernee Simons, the No. 24 pick in the 2018 NBA draft, and just ahead of Oklahoma City Thunder rookie Josh Giddey. Fox, who came out of Kentucky as the No. 5 pick in the 2017 draft, went 0 of 4 from the field in the fourth quarter against the Mavericks (4-2). He finished with 14 points on 5-of-16 shooting for the Kings (3-3), who suffered their first loss on the road…”

Read more at: https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/article255442101.html#storylink=cpy
And in the one game against the Pels where they absolutely hammered the heck out of middle pick and roll to finish the game? Fox put up 6 points on 2 of 4 shooting in only 7 minutes of game time. That checks out to nearly a point per minute. Gee, is there perhaps a correlation guys? Now, is there a coach out there that can see this correlation? That ain't a Fox problem. It's a call problem.

And in the one game against the Pels where they absolutely hammered the heck out of middle pick and roll to finish the game? Fox put up 6 points on 2 of 4 shooting in only 7 minutes of game time. That checks out to nearly a point per minute. Gee, is there perhaps a correlation guys? Now, is there a coach out there that can see this correlation? That ain't a Fox problem. It's a call problem.

This play in particular stood out to me (at 1 min in the video 20s of gametime). Fox drives, Val goes up and meets him it midair, Fox adjusts after taking the contact and is still able to get the ball up for a bucket.

I’m not gonna speculate why we’re not seeing more of that but it could definitely be a coaching issue if they’re not calling his number enough and not emphasizing that he always has the green light and needs to be staying aggressive as much as he can (subject to stuff like health fatigue and workload)

This play in particular stood out to me (at 1 min in the video 20s of gametime). Fox drives, Val goes up and meets him it midair, Fox adjusts after taking the contact and is still able to get the ball up for a bucket.

I’m not gonna speculate why we’re not seeing more of that but it could definitely be a coaching issue if they’re not calling his number enough and not emphasizing that he always has the green light and needs to be staying aggressive as much as he can (subject to stuff like health fatigue and workload)
And the two particular middle pick and rolls starting at 1:40 are his bread and butter. And no, not being called enough late, early, or otherwise. They have run a lot more pick and roll to the sides but getting Fox to around the free throw line going to his left was this teams offense last year and it works. When teams shut that play down or switch, he has a full tool chest of options because then the defense will be forced to help over. From the middle he can find Haliburton, Buddy, Barnes, etc. spotted up from 3 and as a result those 3 point percentages should climb and when they do and teams start running out quicker to challenge they can take defenders off the dribble and draw and kick from there. Draw and kick out of simple pnr is the system for a guard team like this. Bagley and to a lesser extent Barnes are the only two iso post options on the entire team and with Bagley out this team has no choice but to attack from the perimeter every play.

Dang, it sucks that Kings draft Bagley instead of Donic looking back...it's just sad. But everybody know it's because they already got D Fox at the time, that's why they didn't draft Donic...they don't need another ballhandler. I was actually cool with it at the time because that's what the Kings need, a big dude inside...not another ballhandler. So it's a matter of destiny I guess. But still, it's just sad looking back to see the result especially for Divac who was the GM and it is no wonder he is quitting because him being an European and being familiar with the talents there and failing to draft Docic? Man, that's going to eat you the rest of your life, it is no wonder he's quitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.