Cousins would not let IT shake CP3's hand post game

This kind of move is "looked down upon" because the NBA has become a buddy, buddy league. The old legends talk about all the time how their main goal was already to kill each other. Heck, even 10 years ago with our LA-Sacto battles. I can't imagine they all went out for drinks after game 7.

What worries me is this only hurts Cuz's national rep. And we're trying to get him to the all-star game. He's already a "headcase" to pretty much everyone and this will just be viewed as another immature move on the long list he's accumulated in his career.

Thanks for the video. Cousins has a need to express himself when he plays. Recently he has figured out how to make statements without creating technicals or flagrant fouls. I am taking a wild guess that Shaq is teaching him the old school ways of getting his points across within the confines of the rules. Cousins is playing a much more mature game now. He is showing leadership. He is controlling his emotions much better. I am becoming a fan of his really for the first time. A franchise can be built around him. Basketball is a much more mental game than many realize. Cousins is starting to get the mental part.

Chris Paul on DeMarcus Cousins preventing Thomas from shaking his hand: "He young man. He don't know better. He needs some guidance"

https://twitter.com/JDJohnDickinson/statuses/404389884179128321. Found this to be quite funny. Can't wait to see Paul get kicked out in the 2nd round again.
He doesn't seem to understand that in rivalries, not everyone is interested in hugging after the game. He should maybe seek some 'guidance' from guys from a different era, like a Larry Bird for example,...and ask him how motivated he was to run over and embrace the opponent after the game

Paul has somehow convinced everyone he's not a complete douche on the basketball court. Don't ask me how.

He forced his way out of NO, he talks more crap that anyone in the league, hand picked his coach, and he's massive flopper.

But he's great!

This kind of move is "looked down upon" because the NBA has become a buddy, buddy league. The old legends talk about all the time how their main goal was already to kill each other. Heck, even 10 years ago with our LA-Sacto battles. I can't imagine they all went out for drinks after game 7.

What worries me is this only hurts Cuz's national rep. And we're trying to get him to the all-star game. He's already a "headcase" to pretty much everyone and this will just be viewed as another immature move on the long list he's accumulated in his career.

I think your sense of what people like is way off.

This isn't rec soccer where you chant 2-4-6-8 who do we appreciate...

People will far and away respect Cousins more for doing this.

Major props to Big Cuz for doing this.

I'll preface this by saying that more often than not, I'm very supportive of the league and unlike the typical angry fan, I don't get TOO bent out of shape about players befriending each other. Let's not forget that Magic Johnson and Isaiah Thomas used to kiss each other before games. Larry and Magic did commercials together but when it got to game time, they went all out.

I see similarities in today's games. Kobe will talk to dream team teammates before games and wish them luck but when it's time to play, he's all business. In general, if guys play hard and play to win, I could care less about whether or not they are friends off the court.

Now that I have that out of the way, I can say that I'm sick of Chris Paul and his act. He takes the friends with opposing players act to a ridiculous extreme. Does anyone remember when Lebron signed with Miami? All we heard about was how CP wanted to be next and everything we heard was about how he had such a tight relationship with Kobe. And then it was his closeness to Melo. Or what good friends he was with Dwight Howard. Or that he would force a trade to be with his good buddy Lebron. For crissakes, is this dude so insecure that he has to feel like everyone likes him?

Don't even get me started with his on court persona. Flopping, whining, baiting refs and so forth, this guy does it all. He acts all tough and tries to pick a fight with a soft euro like Pau Gasol but when a tougher, American players get in his face, he backs down like the wimp he is. After all, if he feels like there is a conflict with another player, that means they aren't his friend and he can't have that now can he.

The same thing happened yesterday. Cuz had incidents with both Griffin and CP and both wimped out and didn't get back in his face. Griffin went to the ref while CP wimped out completely. Cuz is one guy in this league who basically said that I don't care if you run the union or if you think you're Mr. Popular. IMO, you're a little punk and I want to win this game so get the $#%^ out of my face #$%$#$. And he reminded him of that even after the game was over despite the loss. I wonder how willing to shake hands CP would've been had he been on the losing side.

I hope IT learned a thing or two from that incident.

Major props to Big Cuz for doing this.

I'll preface this by saying that more often than not, I'm very supportive of the league and unlike the typical angry fan, I don't get TOO bent out of shape about players befriending each other. Let's not forget that Magic Johnson and Isaiah Thomas used to kiss each other before games. Larry and Magic did commercials together but when it got to game time, they went all out.

I see similarities in today's games. Kobe will talk to dream team teammates before games and wish them luck but when it's time to play, he's all business. In general, if guys play hard and play to win, I could care less about whether or not they are friends off the court.

Now that I have that out of the way, I can say that I'm sick of Chris Paul and his act. He takes the friends with opposing players act to a ridiculous extreme. Does anyone remember when Lebron signed with Miami? All we heard about was how CP wanted to be next and everything we heard was about how he had such a tight relationship with Kobe. And then it was his closeness to Melo. Or what good friends he was with Dwight Howard. Or that he would force a trade to be with his good buddy Lebron. For crissakes, is this dude so insecure that he has to feel like everyone likes him?

Don't even get me started with his on court persona. Flopping, whining, baiting refs and so forth, this guy does it all. He acts all tough and tries to pick a fight with a soft euro like Pau Gasol but when a tougher, American players get in his face, he backs down like the wimp he is. After all, if he feels like there is a conflict with another player, that means they aren't his friend and he can't have that now can he.

The same thing happened yesterday. Cuz had incidents with both Griffin and CP and both wimped out and didn't get back in his face. Griffin went to the ref while CP wimped out completely. Cuz is one guy in this league who basically said that I don't care if you run the union or if you think you're Mr. Popular. IMO, you're a little punk and I want to win this game so get the $#%^ out of my face #$%$#$. And he reminded him of that even after the game was over despite the loss. I wonder how willing to shake hands CP would've been had he been on the losing side.

I hope IT learned a thing or two from that incident.
Idiotic. You don't even know what you're saying, but I'm not allowed to get into this because the board doesn't facilitate discussions on ethnicity/race (which is what you should be referencing, not nationality).

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Idiotic. You don't even know what you're saying, but I'm not allowed to get into this because the board doesn't facilitate discussions on ethnicity/race (which is what you should be referencing, not nationality).
I read that note and was about to tell the guy who wrote that note to duck as Dime Dropper was comin.' ;)

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I don't have a problem with Cuz on this. But I also don't have a problem with IT either. It's not as if IT is going to compete any less hard against CP3 because he shakes his hand after the game. Both Cuz and IT are major competitors on this team.

By the way, it wouldn't come as a surprise to me if Shaq or someone else in the org put the bug in Cousins ear about doing something like this. I don't recall Shaq being lovey-dovey before or after games either.

There is a lot to be learned from retired players like Bird, Barkeley, Kareem, McHale, and Rivers. Shaq can really help Cousins, and I see progress already. Players had some serious mental toughness in former years. They earned a lot of respect by playing hard and clean at the same time. Larry Bird to me, had no equal when it comes to the mental part of the game. He grew up under tough conditions and played against full grown men from the time he was a teen-ager.

The transformation of the Kings has started under the tenure of Coach Malone. Stayed tuned. They are becoming very entertaining to watch.

After discussing board policies with Dime Dropper off the main forum, I'll clarify the meaning of my post. I did not mean to infer that Pau Gasol was soft because he's a Euro but rather that he is a euro who happens to be soft and was therefore an easy target for CP. I'm sure someone like Nik Pekovic would have no problem standing up to CP. I was merely trying to avoid the direct race card by not saying "black" or "white". The fact of the matter is that CP has many race based biases that can be very annoying going right on down to telling the Clippers who to select as coach.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I don't have a problem with Cuz on this. But I also don't have a problem with IT either. It's not as if IT is going to compete any less hard against CP3 because he shakes his hand after the game. Both Cuz and IT are major competitors on this team.

By the way, it wouldn't come as a surprise to me if Shaq or someone else in the org put the bug in Cousins ear about doing something like this. I don't recall Shaq being lovey-dovey before or after games either.
In the interview with Shaq, he said he has spent a lot of time talking to Cuz. I am sure he is telling him what is up with refs and not to take it so darn personally but more so on how to use size as a weapon. No one can stop Cuz because Cuz can go around, through, or over just about anyone on the court in this era. That was part of Shaq's game. Certainly Cuz will listen to Shaq. Shaq said he saw a bit of himself as a youngster in Cuz. I suspect he means more than just being a big guy but also attitude-wise. Shaq credited Phil Jackson a great deal and mostly this was about what PJ discussed with Shaq. Most of us know or should know that the main impediment to Cuz's game is his attitude. There already has been in incredible change and although the ultimate recipient of our praise should be Cuz as ultimately he is the one on the court and he has to be able to listen, I also give a great deal of credit to Malone and Shaq. It probably doesn't hurt to have a coach and an owner nicknamed Big Nasty and the Rock.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Shaq had nothing to do with it. Cousins has had an ongoing feud with the Clippers floppers for at least the last year. Think it began when he called out Blake for being a flopper in the press. Even got fined I think. Then we had CP3's mega-ridiculous flop attempt last year. And Cousins rewarded them by dropping 40 on DeAndre's head the final day of the season. Bad blood, not a publicity stunt.

I'm with Cousins here. The Clippers are not friends of the Kings. CP3 is looking for every edge. He flops, hits guys and gets away with it, talks plenty of smack, cries to the refs and this shaking hands stuff is gamesmanship. He is saying: "Yes we cheated and won, now lets be pals".

Griffin fouled two Kings players on the CP3 drive where Mbah was fouled out by refs. Griffin was holding Mbah which is why CP3 was so open for the drive and then griffin pushed Cousins into CP3.

Cousins commited a hard foul when he blocked Griffin's shot. The refs called a flagrant and gave the Clips the ball and a chance at 3 points.

The play before Outlaw was ejected CP3 fouled Salmons hard upside the head "going for the ball". Refs called just a foul.

Refs gave the game to Clips. CP3 and Griffin are some of the best actors in LA. They are floppers and cheat. They both deserve multiple fines from the NBA for just the flops in this one game!!!

KB

K

KingMilz

they called a T on Cousins for that, not a flagrant
Should have been a no call all Cousins did was make sure there was no idiotic and1 like they were giving to the Clippers later,Blake choose to go up Cousins has every right to try stop it.

K

KingMilz

Chris Paul on DeMarcus Cousins preventing Thomas from shaking his hand: "He young man. He don't know better. He needs some guidance"

https://twitter.com/JDJohnDickinson/statuses/404389884179128321. Found this to be quite funny. Can't wait to see Paul get kicked out in the 2nd round again.
2nd round?Please all you have to do is put a bigger player on Cp3 and it's over the Clippers another first round exit coming up, sadly the refs decided to take LRMAM out of the game since he was having success containing Cp3.