Clippers @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
I guess the thing we can take from this season is that we're definitely better than we were last year...we would have lost this game last season under Natt. JT's looking like he did earlier this season, which is good...Reke is bomb, and Landry is good. Hopefully Omri will come back stronger next season, he's got the fire we need for sure.
Natt turned his coaching into Evans therefore we should be greatful

We win one more game - we don't get top 5 pick.

We blew a great opportunity here.
Indeed...but we completely tanked last year and(luckily)only ended up with the 4th. At least we arent a COMPLETE laughing stock like last year, at least we have hope...

edit: was just reading the Yahoo write up on tonights game and on the comments section, a couple guys think we're getting Wade. For what??:D

was just reading the Yahoo write up on tonights game and on the comments section, a couple guys think we're getting Wade. For what??:D
Not sure if Wade will ever leave Miami. But Evans is like a taller D-Wade with less hops. You put them together and we're sure to give teams fits. Contrary to most people's comments that both have shaky perimeter shots. I honestly think Wade has an excellent perimeter skill but he just love to go to the hoop. And Evans will likely get better with his jumpers next season esp. if someone can pull those double teams away from him.

And in some surprising way, we get Cousins in this draft. And that would immediately make Petrie the GM of year. One can dream. ;)

Not sure if Wade will ever leave Miami. But Evans is like a taller D-Wade with less hops. You put them together and we're sure to give teams fits. Contrary to most people's comments that both have shaky perimeter shots. I honestly think Wade has an excellent perimeter skill but he just love to go to the hoop. And Evans will likely get better with his jumpers next season esp. if someone can pull those double teams away from him.

And in some surprising way, we get Cousins in this draft. And that would immediately make Petrie the GM of year. One can dream. ;)
Wade and Reke would be a terrible fit on SO many levels.

Wade and Reke would be a terrible fit on SO many levels.
I agree with that. I really would never see them playing together.

KingsCitizen said:
And in some surprising way, we get Cousins in this draft. And that would immediately make Petrie the GM of year. One can dream.
He's not exactly the type of player that GP would draft, but I think he would do wonders to this team. I could really see Petrie drafting someone like Turner or Johnson over Cousins.

Loved the game by Tyreke. There were at least 4 WOW drives to the bucket. I am not all that happy we won, but as a fan I should be. The remaining games will be tough to win, and my only hope is that 'Reke gets his points and locks up the 20/5/5. I kinda wish PW had left Tyreke in for 4 or 6 more points. Yea, I know they are playing it straight but it still would have helped. You KNOW the Fakers are gonna play LOCKDOWN defense on Tyreke to try and keep him from getting the numbers he needs to get to 20/5/5.

Still, with that being said, Tyreke needs about 18 points a game in 3 games. 2 of those teams are vying for playoff positioning. I don't think the Fakers are gonna be playing their starters much if they dont have anything to play for. Houston is done so who knows how they will play. Dallas is gonna play their azzes off because they are in a tight playoff position race. I'd like to see Tyreke go into the Faker game only needing like 10-12 points. He could get that from the foul line. I guess it really doesnt matter because the kid has just had a great year and should have already won the ROY. BUT there are stat geeks out there and they have votes. So I'd like Evans to get the stats all the same...

Loved the game by Tyreke. There were at least 4 WOW drives to the bucket. I am not all that happy we won, but as a fan I should be. The remaining games will be tough to win, and my only hope is that 'Reke gets his points and locks up the 20/5/5. I kinda wish PW had left Tyreke in for 4 or 6 more points. Yea, I know they are playing it straight but it still would have helped. You KNOW the Fakers are gonna play LOCKDOWN defense on Tyreke to try and keep him from getting the numbers he needs to get to 20/5/5.

Still, with that being said, Tyreke needs about 18 points a game in 3 games. 2 of those teams are vying for playoff positioning. I don't think the Fakers are gonna be playing their starters much if they dont have anything to play for. Houston is done so who knows how they will play. Dallas is gonna play their azzes off because they are in a tight playoff position race. I'd like to see Tyreke go into the Faker game only needing like 10-12 points. He could get that from the foul line. I guess it really doesnt matter because the kid has just had a great year and should have already won the ROY. BUT there are stat geeks out there and they have votes. So I'd like Evans to get the stats all the same...
I think Tyreke only needs 51 points in 3 games to get there. If he comes out and has a couple of games like he did tonight, he would go into the Lakers game without needing to score a single point :)

I agree with that. I really would never see them playing together.

He's not exactly the type of player that GP would draft, but I think he would do wonders to this team. I could really see Petrie drafting someone like Turner or Johnson over Cousins.
He would need to unload Noc or Cisco then we already have like 4 swingmen on our roster...and would Petrie want to stunt the further growth and playing time of Donte Greene and Casspi by drafting one of those guys?

would Petrie want to stunt the further growth and playing time of Donte Greene and Casspi by drafting one of those guys?
He drafted Douby even though that was our 3rd SG in a row.
He drafted Evans even though it would mean dumping Martin.

Of course he'll draft the guy he likes best, regardless of team fit. That's what he does. Making them work together is the coach's problem.

Last edited:

gunks

Hall of Famer
Just checked the boxscore....Clearly Evans doesnt want to share the backcourt with Turner or have Cousins clogging the lane.

Here's to Aldrich!

I know a loss would have helped and hell, I even assume they're going to lose these days, but I still can't root for them to lose and am not-so-secretly glad they won.

piksi

Hall of Famer
which is okay

However I would like to know what the difference that one win makes ? Name one positive thing that will come out of it.

We have lost 212 games in the last 4 seasons. The one win over Clippers few years ago has cost us who know how many more and how many more to come. Last night's "win" could have the same effect.

What do you really want as fan ? Do you want to win single games year after year or do you want to be good again because both don't come together. Sacramento doesn't get good FAs because it is a small market and now because it has losing mentality again. And the vicious circle is full in motion here and it needs to be broken fast.

a 24 team win beat 27 team win - yay, woooooooooooootttttttttt

no one mentioned that game last night. On ESPN/NBA I had to work hard to find something about it this morning. We are oblivious, meaningless NOTHING in the NBA right now. And we are not helping ourselves winning these games. Moreover we are hurting ourselves big time with this.

Maybe, you are right. Maybe, we should be happy about beating clippers and should look forward to the next 30-52 season and 12th pick and then 35-47 season and 14th pick and then 42-42 season and 15th pick. By that time Evans will play somwhere else because he will be sick and tired of losing. Then we go back to 20-62 and so on and so on.

I think Tyreke only needs 51 points in 3 games to get there. If he comes out and has a couple of games like he did tonight, he would go into the Lakers game without needing to score a single point :)
That would be awesome ! I just know that any time the Fakers can rub salt into the wound against the Kings they will. I believe it's the guilt they harbor :D. I'd like 'Reke to have it locked up B4 the Fakers game, but 26 points a game for 2 games? That would be AWESOME! If he has 2 games like he did last night in a row, he will win the ROY Regardless! I think he SHOULD win the ROY even if he DOESN'T get 20/5/5!!! Is 19.5/5/5 THAT much less spectacular??? I know it is a GEEK STAT that some voters might be swayed by, but they should take those voters votes away if they haven't seen the totality of Tyreke Evans's Rookie season! He has done it all and he has done it all year. Evans in my opinion is headed for stardom.

He has been IMHO far and away the best rookie this year. I think Jennings and Curry are very good players and should fight it out for 2nd place, but I believe that Evans has already won the ROY. He is the total package. Offense, Defense, he just does it all. He has silenced the critics who said he could not play the point. The wraparound pass he made last night to JT in the post while falling down was incredible! One of the best interior passes I have ever seen! His defense on Barron Davis was awesome. He took the ball away from Davis on a drive and took it coast to coast for a foul (should have been a +1). The crossover move he put on Drew Gooden was one of many WOW plays Evans has made all YEAR. If he doesn't get the ROY, then there is something very very wrong with the voting system.

Last edited:
which is okay

However I would like to know what the difference that one win makes ? Name one positive thing that will come out of it.

We have lost 212 games in the last 4 seasons. The one win over Clippers few years ago has cost us who know how many more and how many more to come. Last night's "win" could have the same effect.

What do you really want as fan ? Do you want to win single games year after year or do you want to be good again because both don't come together. Sacramento doesn't get good FAs because it is a small market and now because it has losing mentality again. And the vicious circle is full in motion here and it needs to be broken fast.

no one mentioned that game last night. On ESPN/NBA I had to work hard to find something about it this morning. We are oblivious, meaningless NOTHING in the NBA right now. And we are not helping ourselves winning these games. Moreover we are hurting ourselves big time with this.

Maybe, you are right. Maybe, we should be happy about beating clippers and should look forward to the next 30-52 season and 12th pick and then 35-47 season and 14th pick and then 42-42 season and 15th pick. By that time Evans will play somwhere else because he will be sick and tired of losing. Then we go back to 20-62 and so on and so on.
You forget we have $20 million lying around this Summer...I'm sure Reke won't have to do it all by himself next season...just sayin'...

which is okay

There's still the lottery which could put the Kings at #1 even if they won 35 games. And playing to lose is never good even for a game because it develops bad character habits. The Clippers are bad--particularly right now. It would have taken a special kind of effort to have lost to them at home which I don't think anyone paying $10 wants to see. Reke would have needed to have scored about 7 points which would have been disasterous.

And even if the Kings don't win the lottery, there's still draft day. Deron Williams was taken before CP3. Darco, Oden, Minnesota picking 2 point guards in a row to allow Golden State to get Curry. Someone will screw up and someone will be able to capitalize on a better player. Cousins might be a top 3 player but could still fall to 6.

It's not worth getting upset about considering the odds that things will work out anyway, especially when the price to get there is to be a loser. That being said, I hope the rest of the lottery teams continue to win as well.

piksi

Hall of Famer
You forget we have $20 million lying around this Summer...I'm sure Reke won't have to do it all by himself next season...just sayin'...
20 millions for Moore, Salmons, Garcia Udrih and other meaningless role players. Other teams have money too. Having money doesn't mean that you will get a good player

piksi

Hall of Famer
There's still the lottery which could put the Kings at #1 even if they won 35 games. And playing to lose is never good even for a game because it develops bad character habits. The Clippers are bad--particularly right now. It would have taken a special kind of effort to have lost to them at home which I don't think anyone paying $10 wants to see. Reke would have needed to have scored about 7 points which would have been disasterous.

And even if the Kings don't win the lottery, there's still draft day. Deron Williams was taken before CP3. Darco, Oden, Minnesota picking 2 point guards in a row to allow Golden State to get Curry. Someone will screw up and someone will be able to capitalize on a better player. Cousins might be a top 3 player but could still fall to 6.

It's not worth getting upset about considering the odds that things will work out anyway, especially when the price to get there is to be a loser. That being said, I hope the rest of the lottery teams continue to win as well.

I wish I could lie to myself this good but I can't.

There is a reason we ended up with Thompson, Hawes and not Durant, Paul Williams etc... Same reason we ended up with Evans - we did it the right way.

Things don't just work out. You have to go get it. This team has already lost 54 games. Do you believe that one more or less will make the "winner."

And most of those who even payed 10$ and want Kings to be good again - would be absolutely fine with a lin. You just have to help yourself and other teams do it better than us.

20 millions for Moore, Salmons, Garcia Udrih and other meaningless role players. Other teams have money too. Having money doesn't mean that you will get a good player
I hear ya Piksi...but at this point, I'm taking a 'wait and see' attitude. Because we really DONT know what can happen this Summer. Not EXPECTING anything big, but you just never know when 1 move will change the whole mood of a situation...Un'4'getable...

Do you believe that one more or less will make the "winner."
No, but losing a game--even a single game--on purpose will develop a loser.

All the players that would have lost that game on purpose will be back on the team next year and would have a mindset that under some circumstances it is ok to lose. The reason we got Evans and Brockman aside from their talent was their refusal to quit and lose. Can't risk tainting that quality about them.

Losing a close and hard fought game? Ok, it sucks to lose, but at least they competed, still thought they could win if they got another shot at it, and there's the incidental positive of improving draft position. But purposefully losing a game is toxic.

Status
Not open for further replies.