Clippers @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Kings continue to dominate the tanking by losing 8 straight and 10 out of the last 11 games. we need to "sweep" the rest of the season to make sure we get the 3rd worst record in the NBA because we need help and helping yourself is the best kind of help you can get. Kings are 24-54 only half game away from the Warriors and the 3rd worst record in the league. Still anything from 3rd to 6th worst is possible because 4 teams are inside 1/2 games. Similar to the playoff positioning battle in the West just way more important.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
4 games left and the schedule is brutal because only mavs will really care to win their game. Clippers tomorrow in their back to back might not even show up and yet we HAVE to find a way to lose that game. Few years ago a useless woss against Clippers was the difference between Noah and Hawes. After hosting Dallas we also host Houston already done for the season and Kevin will be @ ARCO in Rockets uniform for the first time so who knows what will happen. Hopeully Scola goes for 50. Final game in LA against Luke Walton and whoever else will be available and not resting is such a tempting situation where Kings can ruin their future a bit. Again - Kings neeed to finish this strong and end up with 24-58 so we can sleep well and look forward to the draft.
If we do this right - next season will be the last losing season we will have for a while. We should manage to win 30 games next season and the draft picks won't be as important anymore and all of us can start getting used to winning because losing sucks and wanting to lose sucks square but is is so damn necessary at this stage. It is vital for the future especially since decent FAs go to Sacramento only at a gun point.
I missed 8 consecutive Kings games which hasn't happened since I got NBA LP the first time sometines in 2000 or so. Obviously, this losing makes it less regretable to miss a game here and there but 8 straight is a lot. Don't know how it will wok in the future but I will have to start taping them and watch tape especially when we start winning again.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Evans is very close to 20/5/5 and then some and itt would be smart sitting him down but with all "propaganda" for Curry and "idiot" - he needs to finish strong without hurting our main goal. He had a phenomenal rookie season and everyone is looking forward for more. This summer will tell us how hard he works on his weaknesses beccause that jumper needs to show up more often.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Casspi on the other hand couldn't handle the schedule and decomposed which is okay. He will adjust next season and he will do well. We have bunch of good pieces and we need help on the front line - a lot of helo because what we have will NEVER be enough to have a great team. all of them seem to be limited and those limitations are either physical or mental - hard to overcome. We need to overdo that part of the team - completely.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
We played pretty well against the Spurs and lost it on the boards which was the punishmant for playing zone. everything else was pretty even. First half was very good actually other than Noc starting or playing for that matter. Depressinf fact is that in 78 games our coach still hasn't figured out the rotation and it looks like even a "baseball season" wouldn't be enough for that.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
AWARD TIME

TDM - Temple - WTF

LW-VC - Mason

JHA - Casspi

MIKKI - Noc

SAR- Bonner

RA&1 - Bogans

Jax/Walk - Bonner

WTF/JT moment of the game - the final timeout
Clippers game on Thursday is a perfect opportunity for barkley do make fun of us on national TV. We have to find a way to tank this ona and it will be tough because we play the best tankers of all time on theri second game of back to back set. That means - we have to be extremely fugly and then some. Only 2 things really matter. We get a lin and Evans gets 20/5/5. Everything else is meaningless and it will be forgotten the next day already
--------------------------------------------------------------------

my matchups

Evans vs 20/5/5 - he is very close

Lings vs - lin - must lin game for us. Won't be easy.
--------------------------------------------------------
Evans - make it happen

rest of the team -help him make it happen and don't get hurt
Clippers - no one really cares

Last edited:
Kings continue to dominate the tanking by losing 8 straight and 10 out of the last 11 games. we need to "sweep" the rest of the season to make sure we get the 3rd worst record in the NBA because we need help and helping yourself is the best kind of help you can get. Kings are 24-54 only half game away from the Warriors and the 3rd worst record in the league. Still anything from 3rd to 6th worst is possible because 4 teams are inside 1/2 games. Similar to the playoff positioning battle in the West just way more important.
4 games left and the schedule is brutal because only mavs will really care to win their game. Clippers tomorrow in their back to back might not even show up and yet we HAVE to find a way to lose that game. Few years ago a useless woss against Clippers was the difference between Noah and Hawes. After hosting Dallas we also host Houston already done for the season and Kevin will be @ ARCO in Rockets uniform for the first time so who knows what will happen. Hopeully Scola goes for 50. Final game in LA against Luke Walton and whoever else will be available and not resting is such a tempting situation where Kings can ruin their future a bit. Again - Kings neeed to finish this strong and end up with 24-58 so we can sleep well and look forward to the draft.
If we do this right - next season will be the last losing season we will have for a while. We should manage to win 30 games next season and the draft picks won't be as important anymore and all of us can start getting used to winning because losing sucks and wanting to lose sucks square but is is so damn necessary at this stage. It is vital for the future especially since decent FAs go to Sacramento only at a gun point.
I missed 8 consecutive Kings games which hasn't happened since I got NBA LP the first time sometines in 2000 or so. Obviously, this losing makes it less regretable to miss a game here and there but 8 straight is a lot. Don't know how it will wok in the future but I will have to start taping them and watch tape especially when we start winning again.
Evans is very close to 20/5/5 and then some and itt would be smart sitting him down but with all "propaganda" for Curry and "idiot" - he needs to finish strong without hurting our main goal. He had a phenomenal rookie season and everyone is looking forward for more. This summer will tell us how hard he works on his weaknesses beccause that jumper needs to show up more often.
Casspi on the other hand couldn't handle the schedule and decomposed which is okay. He will adjust next season and he will do well. We have bunch of good pieces and we need help on the front line - a lot of helo because what we have will NEVER be enough to have a great team. all of them seem to be limited and those limitations are either physical or mental - hard to overcome. We need to overdo that part of the team - completely.
We played pretty well against the Spurs and lost it on the boards which was the punishmant for playing zone. everything else was pretty even. First half was very good actually other than Noc starting or playing for that matter. Depressinf fact is that in 78 games our coach still hasn't figured out the rotation and it looks like even a "baseball season" wouldn't be enough for that.
AWARD TIME

TDM - Temple - WTF

LW-VC - Mason

JHA - Casspi

MIKKI - Noc

SAR- Bonner

RA&1 - Bogans

Jax/Walk - Bonner

Clippers game on Thursday is a perfect opportunity for barkley do make fun of us on national TV. We have to find a way to tank this ona and it will be tough because we play the best tankers of all time on theri second game of back to back set. That means - we have to be extremely fugly and then some. Only 2 things really matter. We get a lin and Evans gets 20/5/5. Everything else is meaningless and it will be forgotten the next day already
In my opinion we'll win games again Clippers and rockets, and lost again Mavs and Lakers, but who knows.

Few years ago a useless woss against Clippers was the difference between Noah and Hawes.

Uh-uh. That win cost us the first overall pick. Portland ended up with the position we would have been in, and ultimately that nabbed them the #1 and Greg Oden. That win over the Clippers was the difference between Oden and Hawes. If we tied w/ Portland, then the coin flip would have resulted in no worse of a result than Noah.

I'm 85% sure of that w/o doing any research.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Uh-uh. That win cost us the first overall pick. Portland ended up with the position we would have been in, and ultimately that nabbed them the #1 and Greg Oden. That win over the Clippers was the difference between Oden and Hawes. If we tied w/ Portland, then the coin flip would have resulted in no worse of a result than Noah.

I'm 85% sure of that w/o doing any research.
I'm 100% sure that you're 85% correct.

Great to have you back Piksi, and I agree with every bit of it.

I want to see Evans go 1-on-5 for this game. He can get 65-30-0 (since there'd be no teammates to give assists to), lin the game, and make up the assists next time.

I remember at the 2/20/10 game against the clips that Evans was outplayed by Eric Gordon. EG just seemed faster than Tyreke on offense and defense in that game. Then again, Reke looked very tired and was probably those few games where he was climbing over the rookie wall. Gordon is a good, fast player. But non fatigue Reke is much better.

Kings continue to dominate the tanking by losing 8 straight

So then we have you to blame for the Kings 8 straight losses? :mad:

piksi

Hall of Famer
the way I see it - you have to give me credit for doing everything I can to make sure we get the right pick.

AWARD TIME

TDM - Temple - WTF

LW-VC - Mason

JHA - Casspi

MIKKI - Noc

SAR- Bonner

RA&1 - Bogans

Jax/Walk - Bonner

my matchups

Evans vs 20/5/5 - he is very close

Lings vs - lin - must lin game for us. Won't be easy.
Evans - make it happen

rest of the team -help him make it happen and don't get hurt
Clippers - no one really cares
Lol, so true. Lin out the season and we could have the 3rd worst record, sweet! I remember a couple of weeks ago we could have gotten as low as 10th :).

Please coach Westphal:

- Compete, compete, compete But make sure Kings lose all remaining games.
- Run everything through and for Tyreke.

Nothing else matters.

Since I cant be there tonight, but will watch on TV, I hope they show David Garibaldi's painting at halftime, that guy is incredible!! Saw him at the last Laker game last year when he did a painting of Kevin Martin at halftime, was DEFINITELY something to see!!:)

I know, due to some lame "respect for the game" notion he has, that Westphal won't make sure Tyreke gets the ball every time, but I'd like to see it.
I'd love to see it too...I want Westphal to take the same stance Doug Collins took with the Bulls...'Just give him the ball and everyone else get the eff outta the way'. :D

S

sactownfan

Is anyone else as bummed as me that Hawes is out???

no... not so i could rip on him... but because i was really looking forward to maybe seeing some improvement to end the year... this would have been a good match up to watch.... bummer...

no... not so i could rip on him... but because i was really looking forward to maybe seeing some improvement to end the year... this would have been a good match up to watch.... bummer...
Yeah, he was starting to show some maturity, on the defensive end especially, after his injury...hopefully he's dedicated himself to improving his strength and shot in the offseason so he can come back ready to contribute next season.

I personally accept this sincerity, but take it with a grain of salt.

5 games left in a losing season is not enough time to judge whether something Hawes does is an actual improvement. So, nah, I'm not mad that he's sittin' these out.

Since I cant be there tonight, but will watch on TV, I hope they show David Garibaldi's painting at halftime, that guy is incredible!! Saw him at the last Laker game last year when he did a painting of Kevin Martin at halftime, was DEFINITELY something to see!!:)
:O AS IN TOWER OF POWER DRUMMER DAVID GARIBALDI??? Or is there an artist with the same name

Status
Not open for further replies.