Center at Game 6

• Thread starter West_Gunslinger16
  • Start date

Who do you think we use to start as center for Game 6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
quick dog said:
If the Kings lose this playoff series to the Spurs, I suspect that it will be remembered by some as the "playoff series that Brad Miller lost". I am sorry, but there is no other way that I can view this situation. I have not resented any former Kings player so much as Brad Miller. I know there are others out there who are developing very negative attitudes. :(
Not necessarily "the series Miller lost", more like "the series we could've won if Miller showed up", which there is still time for. Sucking 4 out of 5 games when it matters is no way to impress anybody.

I noticed something else last night, when the game got out of control and we called a timeout with under a minute. The camera cut to a shot of the bench, it showed Artest, Bonzi, and Miller. Artest looked mad as hell, not mad at anybody, just mad that they were so close and lost it. You could FEEL the competitive fire brimming over in his intense eyes, like he couldn't wait to get back out there and play even harder. Bonzi looked shocked and disappointed...like "WHAT MORE do I have to DO??". And then there was Miller...who looked like somebody just stole his lollipop and he wasn't going to do anything about it...almost looked like he didn't even care, or wasn't bothered. Of course, what he was probably thinking was "I just lost this game, I knew I would."

Artest clapping and high-fiving his teammates as they headed to the locker room was a thing of beauty. Hopefully they focus on the positives, relish the negatives, and whoever does get the starting C nod doesn't SUCK OUT LOUD!!

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Wouldn't mind seeing Pot get some time. We have the perfect guy to gaurd Duncan, and we don't use him. Might as well start him. Couldn't be worse.

kennadog said:
Actually, Sampson is on the playoff roster. Its was Monia who got left off. You can have 13 on the roster, but maybe only 12 suited up? Anyway, our coaches have seen plenty of him all year. There's probably a reason he hasn't gotten to play and why he's been bounced from team to team.
I guess I assumed becuase he was wearing a suit last night he wasn't on the roster. Maybe he's on the injured list....I dunno....

R

Rated-R

yes I think the kings need a new center. if brad miller cant make his shots...he is as useless as me posting my stupid opinion here. he has butter fingers that cant grab a ball and moves like a snail that is paralyzed. Brad miller is not just a bad player overall this series, but his low-confidence and bad game play is rubbing off on just about everyone but bonzi.

SAR and KT have done a good job on Duncan. I don't care what sort of numbers anyone puts up if they keep Duncan contained. Unfortunately, guarding Duncan cost you in fouls.

I'd like to see SAR and KT focus on Duncan and Artest play his major minutes on Ginobili. I'd be curious to see what Pot could do on Duncan too, if he can use a few of his fouls to slow Duncan down it might be able to extend SAR and KTs playing time.

Just having Pot go out and foul Duncan a few times could help break Duncan's rhythm.

Did anyone see Artest manually tell Bibby to SLOW DOWN. We had a few minutes left down by a duece and Bibby kept running down the court launching threes...and eventually turned it over. Bibby is a clutch shooter, but doesn't run the offense well come crunchtime.

West_Gunslinger16 said:
^^ And if you thought that's the saddest part think again:

Game 4:
Bibby:3 rebs
Miller: 2 rebs

Game 5:
Wells: 12 rebs
Martin: 5 rebs

So basically, anyone smaller than him outrebounds him. I live in a sad world of basketball.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: TRADE HIM!

West_Gunslinger16 said:
^^ And if you thought that's the saddest part think again:

Game 4:
Bibby:3 rebs

Game 5:
Wells: 12 rebs
Martin: 5 rebs

So basically, anyone smaller than him outrebounds him. I live in a sad world of basketball.
I just had to stop and quote this. TAKE A LOOK BRAD MILLER.

I have to say I wouldn't mind seeing Potato get some mins against Duncan just to see what he can do... it would almost certainly boost our rebounding during that stretch as well, and I don't see how the shotblocking defense could get any worse.
~~

If Adelman wanted to go for broke, he'd bench Brad Miller, start Potapenko and use him just as a physical presence for 7-9 minutes per half and then give the rest of the big man minutes to Kenny and Shareef.

Potapenko..

IMHO--- its not going to happen. he won't be put in at all. and if it did, he will not be any better than Miller. I say we just stick to Miller and see what happens. :eek:

I just cannot figure out why Reef has been relegated to 13 minutes per game during this series (excluding game 2). I know he is not playing great, but he is a flow player and needs consistent minutes to be effective. Adelman is flat out running the starter ragged. If you cannot find more than 14 minutes for a 7 time 20point scorer who is in the prime of his career, then you are not thinking things through. It is not like we have K.G. and Duncan on this team. Our players need a breather and it is no surprise that we have blown a big lead in the fourth quarter and also got blown out in the final 2 minutes of last game.

W

West_Gunslinger16

ultraman206 said:
I don't think Potatohead will help that much either. Watching the sonics against spurs in the semifinals last year I don't recall him doing much.
It's because Ginobili saved the Spurs that time, not Duncan. Ray Allen sucks at defense. And I would put Potapenko in there because atleast he was drafted for his rebounding and defense and was trained to catch missed shots unlike Miller *cough*2 rebounds*cough*.

R

Rome

Miller sure does not know how to bring his "miller time" game in the playoffs. His so called "spreading the floor" doesn't even show up not to mention his attention and slowness on defense, rebounding, and shotblocking.

Add that together and you get a center who is basically with all due respect "worthless".

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I started calling him potatohead :eek: in the PBP before he was a King.

I couldn't remember his name.

SIR HENRY 8 said:
Miller is due to have a good game,i'm hoping its game 6..
he's due for a date with the bench. he's been the most inconsistant player other than jason hart that has been on the court for both teams. start SAR and give him the majority of the minutes or the kings will lose game 6.

tyrant said:
he's due for a date with the bench. he's been the most inconsistant player other than jason hart that has been on the court for both teams. start SAR and give him the majority of the minutes or the kings will lose game 6.
don't get me wrong,i've cussed out Miller more than once this series to just at least "try" to stop someone,or do something ,and i do like SAR,just don't think Adelman will start anyone but Miller.

Wheeler03 said:
I just cannot figure out why Reef has been relegated to 13 minutes per game during this series (excluding game 2). I know he is not playing great, but he is a flow player and needs consistent minutes to be effective. Adelman is flat out running the starter ragged. If you cannot find more than 14 minutes for a 7 time 20point scorer who is in the prime of his career, then you are not thinking things through. It is not like we have K.G. and Duncan on this team. Our players need a breather and it is no surprise that we have blown a big lead in the fourth quarter and also got blown out in the final 2 minutes of last game.
Reef has been getting killed on the foul calls. It seems like he takes 2 fouls in his first 2 minutes of play. That's why his minutes have been limited. It might put Brad under a little more pressure to not foul, I don't know.

I heard a TV announcer talking about fouling out being a bad NBA rule, and have to agree. Especially when a foul call is dependent on the player who made it. Really, who wants to pay to see star players on the bench because they're in foul trouble? Maybe the penalties could be adjusted for high foul counts in order to stop games from getting too physical. I don't know, but they should fix that stupid rule, IMHO.

W

West_Gunslinger16

SIR HENRY 8 said:
Miller is due to have a good game,i'm hoping its game 6..
Fans said that in Game 1. Then Game 2. Then Game 3. Then Game 4. Then Game 5. And now. I wish Santa would drop-by this Christmas but we don't have a chimney.

West_Gunslinger16 said:
Fans said that in Game 1. Then Game 2. Then Game 3. Then Game 4. Then Game 5. And now. I wish Santa would drop-by this Christmas but we don't have a chimney.
He wasn't so bad in Game 4, at least he made 19 points. That made the Spurs at least notice he was on the court. Also, to be fair, Brad helped Bibby get the steal in game 3 by heading off Ginobili.

Status
Not open for further replies.