C/PF off season discussion

I want Cousins back so bad.

Carmichael Dave opined the Kings May kick the tires at some point and I’ve been dreaming about it since. Lol

The trio of he, Bagley and Giles would be nightmare inducing. With Fox running around and Buddy shooting? My gawd.
I am open to it but i feel it is wishful thinking. I honestly dont think that Vlade will consider Lopez or Nikola Vujovic opting to retain Willie on the cheap and continue with Bagley and Giles.

I want Cousins back so bad.

Carmichael Dave opined the Kings May kick the tires at some point and I’ve been dreaming about it since. Lol

The trio of he, Bagley and Giles would be nightmare inducing. With Fox running around and Buddy shooting? My gawd.
He’ll be available. Not sure of his fit, as we run and have a lot of offense already, but I really think there is way too much water under that bridge. He called Kings management cowards, and Vlade intimated they had to get rid of him to change the culture

SLAB

Hall of Famer
He’ll be available. Not sure of his fit, as we run and have a lot of offense already, but I really think there is way too much water under that bridge. He called Kings management cowards, and Vlade intimated they had to get rid of him to change the culture
I’m clinging to the “Time heals all wounds” cliche. It was something that needed to happen at that moment in time. But it’s a new moment now... maybe/hopefully DMC feels he has unfinished business in a place he still has love for.

Resigning WCS would be a nightmare. He’s so inconsistent.
A malcontent. Looked like a beast tonight against a horrendous Dallas Froncourt. You never know what player is showing up. He’s had enough time and excuses in a Sac uni.

I would rather go after an enforcer type that even scores less. But, rebounds better and plays consistent D.

I would love Cousins back,
But I don’t see it.

Mirotic makes sense. He would supplant Bjelica and be far more effective.
I also like Randle as an option. He’s only 25
Fits the timeline. Kings need tons of help on the bench.

I hope it happens for this reason alone! Would he start backtracking? Would he quit on the spot? Would he wear a Cousins jersey to the press conference and try to mend the bridge? All of the above? It would be fascinating to see his reaction.
That's what Im saying. IDK how much better of a team we'd actually be with him, but watching Grant try to call 82 Kings games and "root" for Boogie would be well worth the price of admission.

Let Both WCS and Kosta walk and sign restricted FA Jordan Bell. I think G.S may actually be hiding him some this season. The dubs are going to be giving max money to Klay and KD so if we put a serious offer on him he could be willing to run with us.

I think we have to re-sign WCS if the contract is around 10-13m a year. We simply can't let talent walk away for nothing and we learned that lesson from Evans and IT. He might not be a good fit, but he can be used as a trading chip in the future.

Javale
Bell
Beverly
Hi energy defensive Wing. Brewer type to back up barnes. Still think troy Williams is a better version of brewer even if he commits a few more turnovers

That's my wish list for this offseason

Willie was better in his 2nd year in the league than his rookie year, better in his 3rd year than his 2nd year, and now better in his fourth year than his 3rd year.

Is that not a true statement?

So why would the Kings get rid of 25 year old Willie to gamble on 31 year old Javale McGee? That sounds about as smart as ripping your teeth out to replace them with wooden ones.

Is the Kings ballmovement not best when Willies in the game? Willie has 81 turnovers in 2006 minutes and Giles has 73 in 820minutes btw, until Harry gets that under control he doesnt have much of a case vs Willie, who is one of the leagues top-5 starting C's looking at AST:TO ratio.

Also just for the record (according to realgm)

Name ----- Minutes played ---- Total Rebounds

DeAndre Ayton --- 2097 --- 699
Steven Adams --- 2396 --- 677
Anthony Davis --- 1850 --- 672
LaMarcus Aldridge --- 2416 --- 655
Willie Cauley-Stein --- 2006 --- 620
Jarrett Allen --- 1915 --- 607
Julius Randle --- 2072 - 584
Marc Gasol --- 2228 --- 573

If this dude can put up numbers like that, on as low of an effort as y'all claim he exerts --- it would behoove the kings to resign him... no????

Or is it Willie cannot be motivated, has that been written in stone? A complete and utter lost cause at 25 years old (dispite improving every year -- LOL). No further upside, Joerger has obviously squeezed every once there was to squeeze out of him this season. The dust has settled. The demise of willie is a fait accompli

Last edited:

I'm just gonna leave this here LOL. The Willie witchhunt is just like The Monsters are Due on Maple Street. which aired in 1960. If you have Netflix would highly reccomend, I can actually recall one of my teachers showing my class the episode when I was in 6th grade.

Funny thing is; like the monsters are due on maple street, many here are at the edge of their seats hoping for this big climax, and what of course is going to take place, is an anti-climax. and I'm some sort of villain for pointing this out, so be it.

Last edited:
I really don't understand what the defense of Willie is at this point. Can he play well at times? Yes. Is it far to inconsistent? Also, yes.

He's shooting has regressed dramatically. I'm pretty sure I made this point previously but lets do this again

Things Willie is good/or great at
  • Running the floor
  • Rim running
  • PNR defense/switch-ability
  • Tattoos and hats
Things Willie is not good at
  • Shooting/Free throws
  • Effort
  • Protecting the rim
  • Rebounding consistently
  • Tatoos and hats

When you talk about a "rim running" center, the implication is normally that he protects the defensive rim and converts well at the offensive rim. It's kind of like having a "3 and D" wing, except he's bad at defense and just okay at shooting threes.

Willie was better in his 2nd year in the league than his rookie year, better in his 3rd year than his 2nd year, and now better in his fourth year than his 3rd year.

So why would the Kings get rid of 25 year old Willie to gamble on 31 year old Javale McGee? That sounds about as smart as ripping your teeth out to replace them with wooden ones.

Is the Kings ballmovement not best when Willies in the game? Willie has 81 turnovers in 2006 minutes and Giles has 73 in 820minutes btw, until Harry gets that under control he doesnt have much of a case vs Willie, who is one of the leagues top-5 starting C's looking at AST:TO ratio.

If this dude can put up numbers like that, on as low of an effort as y'all claim he exerts --- it would behoove the kings to resign him... no????

Or is it Willie cannot be motivated, has that been written in stone? A complete and utter lost cause at 25 years old (dispite improving every year -- LOL). No further upside, Joerger has obviously squeezed every once there was to squeeze out of him this season. The dust has settled. The demise of willie is a fait accompli
I don't mind resigning him. But I don't want to overpay. Especially if we can get someone who does what he does for a fraction of the cost. No way he's worth the $100 million he talks about

If Willie played with even a fraction of the wild effort JaVale played with it would be a total non-point. Instead he stands feet nailed to the paint 90% of the time.
Yep its all mental for Willie.

Anyway an asset is an asset, lets see what the market offers. if we can lock him in for cheap then it is what it is, we can trade him later if need be

I think Willie is a much better player than JaVale.

Willie at a reasonable price, say 4 years $44 to 52 million, would be a good deal.

He's not going to get the mega-deal he wants from the Kings and if he gets it from someone else, I would let him walk. But, if we can secure for a reasonable amount, i.e. $11 to 13 mil per season, I think you have to do it, otherwise you bleed talent without any compensation.

At $11-13 million per season, which is reasonable, he can slide into the 3rd big slot or be traded, once Giles is ready to start.

WCS is IMO just not good, and it’s time to move on. Why would someone want that frustration off the bench?

I’m not disrespecting anyone’s opinion, or saying mine is better, but in my mind, personally, anyone who still thinks WCS is ‘good’ loses a bit of credibility with me if I see them posting on other issues (like the draft coming up).

It’s time to move on. I think being a fan for many is giving your players a kind benefit of the doubt. Also, I don’t know why Napear is leading the charge to bring him back as a bench big. But it won’t take much to supplant WCS, and we don’t have money to spend if we plan on keeping the core and adding another good FA or two on surplus bigs

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I think we have to re-sign WCS if the contract is around 10-13m a year. We simply can't let talent walk away for nothing and we learned that lesson from Evans and IT. He might not be a good fit, but he can be used as a trading chip in the future.
Actually Willie is the perfect fit for the offense were running. Unfortunately sometimes he doesn't show up. 18 boards in one game and zero boards in the next is not what I call being consistent. I realize that there are some games where he blocks out so others can grab a rebound. But there are also games where he appears to be in a bit of fog. It's as though he's in slow motion while the everyone else is in hyper speed. I have no answer as to why.

The issue with Willie isn't his rebounding. It's his inconsistency and lack of apparent fit next to the Kings two up and coming bigs. If the Kings ran more lobs for him, or relied on his elite skills more than he'd be worth it maybe. If he had a reliable jumper then a whole new world opens up. However, if he eventually slides to 3rd in line anyway you're still never getting the value out of him. Jason Thompson folks, don't need another situation like that considering the Kings have about this summer and that's all to make a defining plunge in free agency to fill in some gaps without subtracting core pieces to do so.

WCS is IMO just not good, and it’s time to move on. Why would someone want that frustration off the bench?

I’m not disrespecting anyone’s opinion, or saying mine is better, but in my mind, personally, anyone who still thinks WCS is ‘good’ loses a bit of credibility with me if I see them posting on other issues (like the draft coming up).

It’s time to move on. I think being a fan for many is giving your players a kind benefit of the doubt. Also, I don’t know why Napear is leading the charge to bring him back as a bench big. But it won’t take much to supplant WCS, and we don’t have money to spend if we plan on keeping the core and adding another good FA or two on surplus bigs
The other thing is what does he realistically bring off the bench? I still think Joerger is blowing it by not putting Bagley in the starting lineup at center to see how the team looks and Willie coming off the bench would be a good test to see his value there as well. Willie doesn't have the traits of being a sparkplug, nor is he a super productive player all around. They need to see what value he brings to the team off the bench now. Time is running out.

Ok I decided to take a look at a few shooting charts for spacing, assuming Bagley starts next season, and Giles plays a decent amount of minutes too.

Here is Bagley's

As you can see heavy use in the key, also being a lefty, (an advantage on the block on one side too but low volume)

So for spacing purposes the left side of the chart beyond 3, same side elbow would be a good place to have our other big.

Now take a loot at Vucevic shot chart.

He is hot right where we want him at 3 pt depth to maximize spacing.

Take a look at Bjelica now

Also fantastic on that side of the floor.

Now when you look at Harry, who is a dangerous passer, he's not very efficient unless close to the basket.

So to me, Vucevic offensively looks to be the perfect balance with our bigs offensively. Not to mention a good rebounder.

Develop Swan or draft a bruiser second round to fill out roster or in case we need a brute for a couple of minutes vs Cousins or something like that.

Only way Kings are getting Vuk. Grossly overpay him.
That’s reality and fact.
He’s getting paid. Kings will have to pay.
5/180 is probably in the neighborhood of what he’s going to command

There will be at least 5-6 teams that can max him out. I see him going to Dallas. Especially, to join his comrades. Clips are another options. ESP, if they can’t land Kawhi, AD, or Durant.

Vuk, Porzingas and Doncic.